Order online or Call (800)707-0393
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Windows Activation - Not Working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kernel009 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kernel009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Activation - Not Working
    Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 11:43am
I just picked up a pre-built system at Walmart yesterday... all good so far, except I'm getting an activation error.  It does not appear to have been a return... all packaging was intact, window plastic still attached, everything bagged and tied like factory, etc.  I opened a support ticket, and also have tried to call (left a message :/ )

There is a code in the BIOS as I ran the powershell command to verify.  I've tried activation multiple times since yesterday.

I'm getting this message:

"We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another device.  If you think it wasn't used on another device, select Troubleshoot below.  Error code: 0xC004C008"

Edited by Kernel009 - 23 Feb 2021 at 11:43am
Kernel009 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kernel009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:20pm
Well I was trying to bypass having to call Microsoft but I broke down and did it.  It was relatively painless and it took less than 15 minutes all in.  They were able to activate it (thankfully) so I'm good now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic