FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 7 not genuine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caralampio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caralampio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 7 not genuine?
    Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 10:17pm
I bought my computer here about a year ago, I had a problem that the hard disk died almost right away but I solved that and the computer has worked fine up to now. Today this message appeared on the desktop: Windows 7 build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine. And after that the computer has stopped working, I can only get into safe mode.

The strange things are that
a- I've had no problem with that until today;
b- I can install MSE which supposedly can only be done on genuine windows;
c- The disk from cyber and the Windows sticker on the computer look legit (well that means little...)
d- supposedly even if the software wasn't legit, that's not a reason for it to stop working, according to microsoft it should only be a bothersome popup every hour or so.

Opinions and suggestions welcome.
sologg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sologg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2012 at 4:06am
sorry about your pc can not work. I just bought a genuine windows7 key and copy. hope this can help you. below is the genuine windows7 key
Snakebite862 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakebite862 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 2:43pm
I'm having the exact same problem. I bought my computer at Newegg.com about a year ago and the issue started maybe a few weeks ago.
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2012 at 4:27pm
That's strange. Do you know if the system recently did an update? Try activating by phone if it's an option provided to you.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]c.com
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
sanjoli0220 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanjoli0220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:07am
Contact Microsoft for this issue, only they could help you. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic