Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 on NEW PC will not activate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Werewolf View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 on NEW PC will not activate
    Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 7:07pm
So I just received my brand new Cybepowerpc, and it is awesome.  The only problem I have encountered so far is that my copy of windows 10 will not activate.  Under the activation page it says...

Error code: 0xC004C003

Error Description:  The activation server determined the specified product key has been blocked. 

I called technical support the other day (but unfortunately could not stay on the line after they transferred me) and the person I spoke with tried to have me reinstall windows, but this did not work.  He then said I was going to have to send the PC back so they could take my motherboard out and install a key on it.

I'm just curious as to why they would have to take my motherboard completely out to put a windows key in it.  Obviously, I don't want to ship the computer back (risking damages) then wait for repairs and the return ship (more opportunity for something to get broken).  It also took me five days once the computer shipped in order to receive it, which means that I am looking at probably at least three weeks once I send it off.  

Also, after talking with my brother about it (who works with computers, so he knows a lot more than I do) I'm concerned about if they will have to replace my motherboard.  He seemed to think that because the windows is attached to it that they will swap it out, which I don't want because I know Cyberpower can use referb parts for repairs. 

I'm happy with the PC, but it seems like there are TONS of reviews where people have an issue that only gets worse and worse.  Any thoughts?
zekezim View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zekezim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 2:23pm
Hey! I'm having the same issue myself, I got my PC on sept. 30th and I'm still trying to fix it. Someone in the Tech team is working on it for me. Have you had any updates so far?
Werewolf View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 6:03pm
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this happened to you as well. Cyber_tech2 sent me a message with some trouble shooting steps, but since they didn't work, I did have to send it back to have the activation key put into the motherboard. If you have also been talking with tech support, I am sure you will have tried the same steps.

I'm a little frustrated, but I can honestly say that everyone I have spoken with has been very nice, and they did pay for the shipping back.

I will make an update later once I get the computer back, but I'm thinking it should be fine as long as UPS doesn't throw it around too much.

I don't think there is anything else you can really do if the trouble shooting doesn't work, unless you feel like paying for a pin from Microsoft (but then what do you do if it still doesn't activate).
tareque111 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tareque111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 3:05am
I had the same problem all u have t do is type SLUI 4 on cmd and I'll get a blue screen and a Microsoft number, so all u have to do is call in and they activate windows for you. If u have any questions i advise you to contact cyber_tech2 he's an amazing mod on here that helped me,
tareque
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:34am
May be a waiting game, there is a claim that it will activate if you wait a few days. Here are a couple of links.

ANother possible fix.
Step 1: Click on Start button, then go to Settings

Step 2: Click on Update and Security.

Step 3: Now on the left Pane you will goto Recovery.

Step 4: You will see Reset this PC Option so Click on Get Started.

Step 5: Sit Back and wait until everything is over and see if the Error 0xC004C003 is Fixed.
- See more at: http://www.fixerrs.com/2015/08/activation-error-code-0xc004c003.html#sthash.qqPbdK2K.dpuf

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Werewolf View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 5:39pm
Thanks for the suggestions. I did already try the SULI 4 fix and unfortunately it did not work. I did not get a chance to try to reset the PC :/

I did read claims that you might just have to wait, but I think that may be if you upgraded to Windows 10.
Werewolf View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 4:41pm
Update:  So a little over two weeks after Cyberpower received my computer, it arrived back today with damages to the case, hard drive bay, and graphics card.  It looks to me like they jammed the foam insert in too hard and then tried to force the case door closed to fit it.  At this point, I'm extremely angry and dissatisfied with my service.  I've contacted Cyber_Tech2, since he/she had helped me earlier, to see what can be done.  I will keep update later with whatever happens next.  I do intend to leave a full review of my entire experience but will hold off until I either receive an undamaged computer in full working order, or until this one is returned.

Hopefully everyone else had better luck.
rickyg3 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickyg3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 8:57pm
Having this issue right now, not very happy since I bought the OS so I should rightfully have the key.
Werewolf View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Werewolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2015 at 11:07am
I'm sorry to hear that you have this issue,. It was extremely frustrating for me, but I can tell you that after talking to Cyber_Tech2, all of my issues got resolved. I recommend sending him/her a message, since there are trouble shooting steps and things you can try before having to send your PC back. If those don't work then you will have to send it back for them to put the key in it. When I received mine back there was damage to some of the components, however, I was lucky and they were able to mail replacements instead of me having to send the computer back again. I know it is frustrating, but now that all my computer's issues are fixed it is an excellent gaming machine. If you give them a chance I am sure they will make it right.
theimortal1974 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theimortal1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 12:02pm
anyone that's having trouble activating windows, look on the side of your tower (the one without the see through window) or the right side when you are facing the front of the tower.  the reason why it's saying blocked is because they key isn't on the installation disc.  it's using a generic stock key which microsoft doesn't want anymore so it's blocked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic