New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wife says "Get a new computer" - Husband Stunned!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Wife says "Get a new computer" - Husband Stunned!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Salan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wife says "Get a new computer" - Husband Stunned!
    Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 10:04pm

Hi

Nice build for gaming.  Keep everyone posted on how things go.'

Good luck.

Alan

CM HAF
I7 950
Zalman 9900LED
EVGA Classifed
12G Corsair Dom 1600
2 X BFG 285 OCXs
1500W Silverstone Strider
2 x Intel 80G X-25-M in Raid 0
LG BR Bnr, LG DVD Bnr
2 x WD 1T Blk
W7 Ult 64 Bit
alphaecho4386 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphaecho4386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 9:59am
Nice build. Great processor. I just got mine and it is working great. They're not prebuilt Dells so they may not all work with the config you built, but for those that know how things should work takes the "cyberpower sucks" problems out.
Good luck, and keep us posted

Edited by alphaecho4386 - 12 Sep 2008 at 10:00am
SixStringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SixStringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 11:00am
Nice rig!!! Very similar to mine. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you...
Bass players do it deeper!!!
kennyryu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennyryu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 12:22pm

Godd luck.

Even though I got bad image from CP, I think it was my luck.

First, Your build is O.K. But, You should use better motherboard with dual ram for speed, stability, and upgrade...

Anyway It is O.K, if they build very well...

cf) I don't believe majority of CP custmor under happy because 25% of customor are unhappy based on the retail point.
I was worry about my computer which is based on 25%.  Therefore, when they made fun of me, I finally decide to cancel it.

You should check more company before ordering computer. (same as me)
I should check more company...
There were too many company with different prices.

cf) Are you gammer ?  (SLI support)

Howitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:10pm
Thanks,

I would have loved to configure a totally tricked out full bore dream machine, but when you have a budget, which was around $1200 including a monitor (that I purchased elsewhere), you gotta do what you gotta do. I basically chose one of their pre-configured systems and didn't change much. I honestly no longer have the time nor the energy to do tons of research on every single option out there (but for some reason I have the time to post on this forum - what gives?Smile).

Concerning the motherboard: I've always had good luck with MSI brand motherboards, so that's my main reason for not changing it from the default configuration. Hopefully the board I'm getting doesn't totally suck. I'm sure for the games I normally play it'll do fine.

Regarding SLI: I was somewhat skeptical that, for my budget, two lower end cards would truly outshine one nicer one. Plus, my gut tells me that an SLI configuration is a potential area for problems. Who knows, maybe two lower end cards in SLI would stomp the crap out of the 9800 GTX+ my new computer is going to come with? I actually tried doing a quick search of SLI vs. Single articles, but didn't run accross anything that seemed to help. Maybe somebody can provide some links to some cool articles on Dual vs. Single video cards.

Edited by Howitzer - 14 Sep 2008 at 2:17pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SixStringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:20pm

9800GTX+ GPU is a good card and if you SLI later, they kick butt over the 280GTX in a review I read on www.guru3d.com.

Good luck and let us all know how it goes!!!

You can also "Step-up" to a better video card within 90 days with an EVGA card. I bought a system with a 9800GTX and the next week or so the 200 series came out. I am now stepping up to a 260GTX for free!!!
Salan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:24pm
Good luck on your build.

I have had a number of MSI boards in the past and they have always done well and stood up over time.

The 9800gtx+ is a good card and as Six said you can always add another one later on.

CM HAF
I7 950
Zalman 9900LED
EVGA Classifed
12G Corsair Dom 1600
2 X BFG 285 OCXs
1500W Silverstone Strider
2 x Intel 80G X-25-M in Raid 0
LG BR Bnr, LG DVD Bnr
2 x WD 1T Blk
W7 Ult 64 Bit
Howitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the info Six. I'll have to look into the "Step-up" promo from EVGA when i get a chance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SixStringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Howitzer Howitzer wrote:

Thanks for the info Six. I'll have to look into the "Step-up" promo from EVGA when i get a chance.

Yeah,,, just make sure to register your GPU when you get it to qualify for the Step-up...
Howitzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howitzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 2:49pm
I just checked the order status page and it finally shows some info (before today it would only give me the basics).

It now tells me the expected ship date is Sept. 15, which is one day sooner than I was told when I first put in the order.

Edited by Howitzer - 14 Sep 2008 at 2:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic