FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to start?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:27am
Originally posted by Ssweet Ssweet wrote:

Thank you for the information Gan1957. I will definitely post what I plan to buy before I do. 

Good information about the MOBO adapter. I do not currently have 1GB internet speed where I live but I do want it if it ever becomes available. 

No matter where you go there will be trolls and someone to sh*t on you or poke fun at you. Look if I want to spend that much money I will, which is my choice. If you guys do not have that much to spend that is not my problem but please do not bash someone who wants too. The goal of this post was to find a good build to start at. Which it did help me lean toward a build and some other information I did not know.

We don't really read minds here. Now if people posted "I'm not concerned about costs, I do 3D work, I do heavy multi-tasking" we can take that into consideration. LOL So often we see individuals that have no idea what will do the job. We try to save "everyone" money when we can. Yes there are some who really don't care about how much they spend, great. That is not the majority of individuals we have seen over the years. In some instances the overkill especially with RAM has it's uses. More cpu cores for sure. Scientific, 3D work, video editing are examples where it pays off for most of the upgrades. Were talking about no more than 5% of the people who come here.

I completely agree, when you think how fast components become outdated, blindingly fast. It does make sense to spend half that (especially if your just gaming). Then come back and get a completely new system with some seriously new tech in a couple of years, in my opinion. For me, I would love to spend less and with that amount of cash, take a vacation. Ah I can see the single malt 18 year old scotch calling me. 

@Peregrine... You having a bad day? Slap you wrist.

Edited by GAN1957 - 13 Feb 2019 at 5:28am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:42am
"No matter where you go there will be trolls and someone to sh*t on you or poke fun at you. Look if I want to spend that much money I will, which is my choice. If you guys do not have that much to spend that is not my problem but please do not bash someone who wants too."

I think you are missing something. No one here is poking fun at you or trying to defecate on you. You see here a a lot of people like yourself who make the most regrettable of mistakes. They only figure it out after it is too late. The members are trying to keep you from that. The folks here are trying to impress upon you in the STRONGEST terms that your whole thinking in a gaming rig makes absolutely no sense. For instance, I spent a total of $2350 on my rig and it has all the bells and whistles. RGB everywhere and an 8 core cpu. I can run every game at 1440P and a whole lot of em at 2160P. But you really don't want to run your card at 2160P anyway just because of the heat that generates.The rig now cannot be improved upon having spent that much. I now can't even think about buying another rig for a very long time because I spent that much. I'm stuck with an awesome rig for a long time now...LOL! There is nothing I can do to improve it that's worthwhile, or get a better gaming experience and I've spent a total of $2,350. But you see that is well below your $4000-$5000 budget. When the members see you suggesting trying to spend that much it just appears outrageous to them because they know you'll be basically just wasting money if you just want a gaming rig like you've said. You won't end up with a better rig and gaming experience then someone who spent only $2,500 by spending $4000-$5000. Hope that helps in explaining the responses.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Davester9 Davester9 wrote:

I have to wonder why some people feel the need to resort to profanity and insults in an attempt to get their point across.  Perhaps they lack the conviction of their statement?

Really? You think my post... lacked conviction?!?
Conviction: /kənˈvikSH(ə)n/ noun a firmly held belief or opinion.

I think I made a pretty firm statement. LOL Was there perhaps another word you meant to use?
As for me using profanity... yea, that's just me. I swear. A LOT. It's not resorting to anything. 
Afterall, I am from Ohio. 
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/12/congratulations-ohio-you-are-the-sweariest-state-in-the-union/281988/

Quote No matter where you go there will be trolls and someone to sh*t on you or poke fun at you. Look if I want to spend that much money I will, which is my choice. If you guys do not have that much to spend that is not my problem but please do not bash someone who wants too.
We are not being trolls. We spend our free time here trying to help people build good systems for whatever the budget is. It has zero to do with if we can afford it or not. THAT was a troll comment. We are trying to SAVE YOU FROM MAKING A MISTAKE. WE are here all the time. WE see the common mistakes people make every damn day. What does a gaming PC need?
PROCESSOR, RAM, VIDEO CARD. That's it. Those things are not 4 grand. 
You are going to spend 4 grand and be just as outdated in 4 years as the guy that spent $2000.
I promise you. 
TRYING TO HELP!

Quote  @Peregrine... You having a bad day? Slap you wrist.
Maybe I was a little cranky.

Quote The folks here are trying to impress upon you in the STRONGEST terms that your whole thinking in a gaming rig makes absolutely no sense. 
/applause

Look OP. Spend whatever you want. I don't give a f**k. Oh, there I go again. :D
But when you're back here in 4 years because your $5,000 rig can only play Overwatch 4 at medium resolution? Remember this day.

Davester9 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davester9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
Perhaps, since you think yourself above reproach, you might consider that your comments are not taken seriously because of the juvenile way in which they are presented.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 11:04am
Above reproach? I certainly never said that or implied it.
I've been helping out around here for 2 years. That is why I get taken seriously.
Again I say: TRYING TO HELP.

I will certainly apologize if I offended OP. I'm sorry OP, that I offended you.

But dude... don't spend 5 grand. 3 tops. ;)

Edited by Peregrine - 14 Feb 2019 at 11:04am
Ssweet View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
I'm not offended I think its funny. All I really wanted to know is where to start from. For example the exclusive series area or Esports area. Then from where under that tab to go. I know the basic dont's. My problem was where to start hence the topic. Personally I want a high end computer don't really care if its obsolete the second I buy it. Almost everything you buy is obsolete the second you buy it.

I do understand what you guys are saying though and I appreciate it. It is going to be a personal preference in the end with if I want to spend the extra money or not. Maybe it will get its full potential usage maybe not who knows.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 5:50pm
"Personally I want a high end computer"

You do realize they are all high end, right? CP doesn't even sell any rig that would be considered low end. You might be able to throw together a mid-range rig if you go real low on GPU. Every CPU on this site is a high-end CPU though.
Ssweet View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ssweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:04pm
What are we going for 3 pages here? So you consider an i5 high end? There is no need to nit pick. Let the damn topic end.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:31pm
"So you consider an i5 high end?"

Not a matter of nit picking. Of course the i5 is a high end CPU:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

A number of people here have tried to help you and educate you but apparently you insist on maintaining your ignorance. I'm done.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic