FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHEA Uncorrectable Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Patrick07 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHEA Uncorrectable Error
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:55pm
Just got my son a Gamer Xtreme Liquid Cool Gaming Desktop and he is getting random blue screens when playing his first game, RUST.
Message is WHEA Uncorrectable Error. 

Please advise on a solution, a little disappointing to have this issue on a brand new desktop. Thanks! 

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Extreme Liquid Cool Gaming Desktop
Intel Core i7-9700, 16 GB Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti - 2TB HDD + 240GB SSD
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:34am
Well another customer who I wish had read the forums and asked questions first.

What are your full build specs?

Make sure you don't have the "junk" standard PSU is the biggest thing. these have high failure rates, provide uneven power (ripples) which is hard on everything long term and have fried systems.

Many GPU related issues are caused by drivers. After you open the side cover and make sure everything is seated and plugged in, Do a clean install of the GPU drivers.

This type of error seems to point twards a "hardware failure", not strictly a driver issue. Make sure your video card is seated and plugged in (also all other components) get a look at that PSU, What brand is it?

Here are a couple of links for free programs that can help isolate driver related issues.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic