Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Very Impressed with Benchmarks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mank View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Very Impressed with Benchmarks!
    Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 8:24am
Back in December I purchased the SLC 10060 Liquid cooled Gamer Supreme Gaming Tower.

It came with the following parts:

ASRock z370 Pro4 Motherboard
AData 16 gig Ram(2X8)
WD Green 250gig SDD
EVGA GTX_1080 Video Card
Intel 8700K processor
CP Branded AIO
CP Branded Power Supply

Since my purchase, I decided to perform a few upgrades so I could better overclock the system and increase its performance:

Upgraded to a CoolerMaster 240 AIO liquid cooler
Upgraded the PS to an EVGA 750-watt unit
Added a Samsung MVMe 960 Pro SSD

After getting the SSD and the new liquid cooler, I performed a de-lid of the CPU and applied some liquid metal to help with thermals. I then updated the BIOS on the Mobo to version 1.70. and began to overclock in small increments. I was able to hit a stable high of 5.2ghz with the new PS and AIO cooler.

https://valid.x86.fr/w6y7bl

I then decided to make an attempt at OC'ing the GPU and run some benchmarks. I was really impressed! At the time I ran the Firestrike benchmark, my system was in the top 21 in the world for a single GPU GTX-1080 and 8700K processor! Still in the top 34 systems to this day!

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/15077899

https://www.3dmark.com/search#/?mode=advanced&url=/proxycon/ajax/search2/cpugpu/fs/P/2283/1085/35300?minScore=0&cpuName=Intel%20Core%20i7-8700K%20Processor&gpuName=NVIDIA%20GeForce%20GTX%201080&gpuCount=1

I backed down my processor OC to 5.0ghz and ran the Userbenchmark utility and got these results:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7714117

Pretty danged impressive at the time!

At this time, I'm running the standard Auto OC of 4.7Ghz, and this system can play any game that I decide to throw at it without any hiccups or stutter on even the highest of settings!

10 months in after the purchase and I am VERY happy with my CyberPower built unit!

Edited by Mank - 27 Oct 2018 at 8:24am
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 12:23pm
Yeah quite impressive. You're going to be STUCK with that PC for a very long time because of the high benchmark. To buy a newer one is rather pointless. I was all set to buy my next CP rig until I benchmarked mine and found how ridiculously high the benchmark is. Can't really justify buying another anytime soon. I'm trying to justify maybe buying an RTX 20-series GPU looking for an excuse when gaming with my current card. There are none.

Edited by Notanymore - 29 Oct 2018 at 12:25pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:56am
GAME ON DUDE!!!!!
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Mank View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Notanymore Notanymore wrote:

Yeah quite impressive. You're going to be STUCK with that PC for a very long time because of the high benchmark. To buy a newer one is rather pointless. I was all set to buy my next CP rig until I benchmarked mine and found how ridiculously high the benchmark is. Can't really justify buying another anytime soon. I'm trying to justify maybe buying an RTX 20-series GPU looking for an excuse when gaming with my current card. There are none.

Being "stuck" is exactly what I wanted..lol. My last system was a custom unit that I built myself back in 2008. It only started showing its age at the end of 2017(4K support required an upgrade). With that system I was able to upgrade the CPU, Memory and GPU several times over over the course of that 10 years.

Rather than building a new system myself, I chose CyberPower due to the price of video cards at the end of 2017 - because of the mining craze. It was cheaper to buy an OEM system than to buy all of the parts individually, especially adding in the cost of the video card - which was upwards of $700 at the time I started looking at parts.

ASRock just added a BIOS update that will allow this Z370 Pro4 motherboard to support faster memory and the new I9-9900K processors from Intel, so I'm already sitting on the ability to upgrade memory and add a few more cores should I choose to do so. Also, I should be able to get a couple of  video card upgrades(generations wise) over the life span of this system, so I'm hoping to get at least 5+ years of enjoyment out of this system(if not more).

Someone at CyberPower really did their homework when designing the SLC10060. The upgrade-ability of this unit, for its price, makes it a definite "go-to" system for the price conscientious user/gamer. The longevity that someone should be able to get with this system is incomparable to other OEM builders at the same price point.
Mank View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by GAN1957 GAN1957 wrote:

GAME ON DUDE!!!!!

Thanks!

Just wanted to let you know that you were instrumental in me making the decision to upgrade the power supply in this unit. 

If I had any criticisms about this unit at all, it would be with the generic power supply and AIO cooler(120mm unit) they chose to use in this system. It's supposed to be an 850 watt PS, but in my early overclocking attempts, I could not hit stable overclocks beyond 5.0ghz. It turned out to be ripple/stability issues with the provided power supply..or dirty voltage - if you will pardon the term. After upgrading to the EVGA 750 watt PS and the CoolerMaster AIO, I was able to hit a stable 5.2 ghz OC without issue. I could have gone higher, but that would have required another AIO upgrade to a 280mm or 360mm unit to keep temps under control and prevent thermal throttling of the CPU under load.

Here's a couple of pics of my system as it stands now:

https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=39594
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic