Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Upgrading PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kusraevd View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kusraevd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Upgrading PC
    Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 1:12pm
I was wondering if someone could help me to find out if I can upgrade my PC ty. Lemme know if u need any info on it I bought about 2 years ago
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 4:21pm
Give us the specs. Are you looking for better performance in games, etc?
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
kusraevd View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kusraevd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 7:35am
Yes I am looking for better performance particularly in CSGO I have been getting 100-150 fps with low settings trying to get about 250.
Specs are
Windows 10 Home
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 Ghz CPU
8GB DDR4 Memory
AMD Radeon RX 580 4GN GPU
1 TB 7200 RPM Hard Driive

As i was told CSGo is not GPU game it is more of a CPU game
Thank you 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 11:54am
Excerpt from Tom's hardware. It is but your GP will also play a part.

You need to see what MOBO you have. Being cpu intense upgrading the cpu would be a good boost. Or overclocking your current cpu. If you do make sure you have a good cpu cooler. Your cpu has an AM4 socket taking 65watts. Most likely an cpu with the same socket will fit. You need to verify with the MOBO manufacture. If so a AMD Ryzen 1600x 6 core 36 Ghz cpu is about the best you can go. Your not talking about a big Ghz difference but you will have 2 extra cores. I would try an OC first.

Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy. 
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

b) Limit your cpu, either by reducing the OC, or, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 70%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 30% improvement in core speed might do
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

kusraevd View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kusraevd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:54pm
I dropped all of the video settings to low and FPS stayed the same. 
This is the mobo
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd  
B350M BAZOOKA (MS-7A38)  
H316641543    
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic