FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating My CyberPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wengertime89 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wengertime89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating My CyberPC
    Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 4:54am
hello, im New To Computer modding and upgrading, youtube offers lots of helpful tips on how to replace things, but im un sure what is better then what i have now, so with that being said i could use some advice, currently my cyberpowerpc handles most games with no lag, but i ran into lag when i started playing No mans sky, its not enough lag to keep me from playing but it can be very annoying at times, so im interested in upgrading parts to my pc to handle it with no issues, here are the specs i know about my pc, this will be a slower build so it does not have to happen over night, so if you guys can offer me advice on which items to upgrade and which you think would be best to purchase and replace for my pc, specs are , 
Processor  2.8 GHz
RAM  8 GB DDR4
Hard Drive  1 TB Mechanical Hard Drive
Graphics Coprocessor  RadeonTM RX 580
Chipset Brand  AMD
Card Description  Dedicated
Graphics Card Ram Size  4 GB
Number of USB 2.0 Ports  2
Number of USB 3.0 Ports  6
Other Technical Details
Brand Name  CyberpowerPC
Item model number  GXiVR8020A5
Hardware Platform  PC
Operating System  Windows 10 Home
Item Weight  28 pounds
Product Dimensions  18.5 x 7.9 x 17.9 inches
Item Dimensions L x W x H  18.5 x 7.9 x 17.9 inches
Color  Black
Processor Brand  Intel
Processor Count  6
Hard Drive Interface  Serial ATA-600
Hard Drive Rotational Speed  7200 RPM
Optical Drive Type  None
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme GXIVR8020A5 Desktop Gaming PC (Intel i5-8400 6 Core Processor, AMD RX 580 4GB, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HDD, WiFi, Win 10 Home 64-bit), Black - VR Ready
CPU: Intel core i5 7400
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B250M-A (MSI B250M bazooka is the one pictured as far as I can tell)
GPU: MSI RX 580 4GB ARMOR (pictured in ad as far as I can tell)
RAM: 2x4GB sticks of ADATA 2400
PSU: ATNG POWER CO., LTD MODEL: ATM-500FB (not specified in ad and I couldnt find any specs or reviews online)
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
Case fans: Apevia branded
Case: Aluminum (I believe) with acrylic front and side panels. Cooler Master: Master Box lite 5

i will Note I Added Extra Ram ( now have 28gb total  i added the same Ram Cards Just more of it ) and i added extra fans, ( just usb fans ) that has helped with the pc from over heating  those are the only " mods " ive done, thank you. As Far As Costs Go. Id Like To Stay Within 100-300$ Per item that needs replaced. again it will be done over time so offering me with advice on which items to replace and what to replace it with would be Great! thank you everyone
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:32am
Off the bat ATNG is not the best PSU. Don't think they are a fire hazard though.

Are you sure your internet provider has the speed you need. For instance DSL will cause issues when trying to game, no matter how good your system is.

RAM is not a key factor in gaming.

The biggest influence outside of your internet speed is your graphics card. Then your CPU. Your CPU speed seems OK although you don't have your CPU listed as far as the brand & series.

Your RX 580 is not a bottom line GPU. Have you tried dropping some GPU settings, especially anti-aliasing . Take them off  MAX.

Some games like WOW can be affected by your hard drive. For this one a good SSD makes a big difference. Where in a game like BF4 an SSD helps with load times but not so much help in-game.

First if your internet speed is low, nothing is going to help.

A good SSD or M2 drive will help. They run about $100.00 or more depending on the size & speed. I wouldn't go less than 240 to 250 GB's at least.

Then the biggest thing will be the GPU upgrading to a Nvidia 1070. Several hundred dollars.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

wengertime89 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wengertime89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 6:50am
hello, thank you so much for the info, our internet is Infinity High Speed, i never knew ram is not a key factor good to know!! ill try dropping some of the gpu settings  do i do that in game? or under a pc setting, I printed out everything you said so im gonna focus on all that
lov86calv View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lov86calv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 7:56pm
Update it with kodi website for your apps able to follow the popular shows on PC.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 5:21am
Originally posted by lov86calv lov86calv wrote:

Update it with kodi website for your apps able to follow the popular shows on PC.

Another idiot rambling on a post 3 months old..
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic