Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ultimate 30% OC only showing 17%

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
froilanci20 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote froilanci20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate 30% OC only showing 17%
    Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 5:37pm
i got a ultimate 30% oc but when i start my desktop it only says 17% OC, do i have to do something to reach this beside changing sa profile in BIOS to make it OC? how would i know if the OC did work beside it not crashing

i dont have know anything on OCing, im a newb in this type of stuff
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 4:43am
Not a good idea to let CP overclock. They often just ramp up voltages. You may be reading it correctly.

First post full build specs. Let the membership see what you have, cooling, junk PSU, cpu cooler, etc.

Then I would reset the Cmos and start over with software that most MOBO's have. Or just look up your model MOBO and OC it yourself.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 7:27am
Not a good idea dealing with OC'ing AT ALL if "i dont have know anything on OCing, im a newb in this type of stuff".

Why did you even think you NEEDED to OC? 
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 9:42pm
What is telling you it's '17%'?

Are you doing the math yourself?

What program are you using to see everything?

What CPU do you have?

What is the core clock and Vcore?

Give as much info as possible so we can actually help you. In reality I could talk almost anybody through a overclock on Skylake but I need at least basic info. What Mobo you have would be necessary also.

Edited by Kevolu - 27 Oct 2016 at 9:45pm
ShaneB26 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneB26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 12:55pm
Not to hijack this thread, but I read all the "don't let CP overclock your CPU" posts after ordering haha -_-

I am supposed to be receiving my PC in about a week and a half is there anyone who could help me unoverclock the CPU when it comes in?
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 4:36pm
Yeah, I can. Let's see where it's at first. It could be perfectly fine, honestly.
ShaneB26 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaneB26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2016 at 4:46pm
Awesome thank you very much I will be back on as soon as I get it!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 4:53am
Reset the bios and your done, if needed.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic