FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracer III overheating while idle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
opponent019 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opponent019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracer III overheating while idle
    Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm

Hi, I bought a Tracer III early last year (with extra specs) and it's heating up like crazy even if it's just browsing the internet or sitting idle. I already cleaned the fans.

When playing games it gets so hot that touching the metal between the keyboard and screen for more than half a second would cause severe burns, I fear it  will melt down.

I already contacted support and they were completely useless, their answer was: "technical support is technical support", and apparently having the laptop they built heat up so much it's dangerous doesn't enter into technical support.

Too sad since two friends already bought their laptops from Cyberpower based on my recommendation... I wish I could take it back now, one of them has had so many issues since day 1. I need this laptop for my job and it's a pain every time I turn it on. Loud fans and heat all over like 10 minutes after it boots.
Please, I need help and I'm too broke to be sending it to a place, I already paid so much for it and it's not even a year and a half old.

Edited by opponent019 - 26 Jun 2020 at 11:13pm
rediornot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rediornot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:33pm
Make sure you are running with the power supply unplugged so it is not drawing power while you are using it. Make sure it is on a hard surface and not a blanket or soft surface as they can get extremely hot. If you have a hdd change to an ssd and buy a multifan cooling tray for laptops. I got a 9 fan one from Amazon for a small price and does a great job keeping it cool. Haven't had a laptop since the fangbook 3 I bought here in 2015. 
CP Eluna242 case,ASUS 570x wifi,7-3700x,16gb ballistic ram,240 CP liquid cooler push/pull led fans ,RTX2070,1600w lepa psu, AOC 27cqg1 144hz 1440p,WD480ssd/1tb M.2.F@H team 142900 come fold with us
opponent019 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opponent019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 4:00pm
Thanks for your reply!

If I use it unplugged it's much slower and the battery lasts less than one hour. It also still heats up just as much.

It's always on a hard surface. I even tried putting it on a shelf made of railings (many holes) and it didn't make much of a difference.

I have an ssd for Windows and an HDD for my files. I don't have money to buy a 1TB SDD and either way my harddrives shouldn't be the ones causing this issue. Have had many other laptops and they wouldn't get as hot as this one while just sitting there doing nothing.

The fan would calm down the symptoms but it wouldn't solve the actual issue of why it's getting so hot while doing nothing.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic