Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tracer II RGB Keyboard Color Picker Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gmorlang View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmorlang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracer II RGB Keyboard Color Picker Problem
    Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:18pm
So Iíve played a lot with the keyboard customization app for the Tracer II and the main problem Iíve come across, and Iím curious if any one else has a solution, is that when you use a preset color scheme the colors are very bright and vivid but when trying to do a custom user set up and I use the color picker the colors are faded and not very vibrant. Almost as if Iím not able to see the entire color picker. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks I advance!
~Garrett
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 11:14am

Wow, I apologize this is happening to you. Explaining this over the forum will take a while. Give our customer support a call and they will be able to help resolve the problem your having. I hope your week is going well!

Phone: 888-900-5180

Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
gmorlang View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmorlang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 4:43pm
Here are some example pics of what's happening.

My dark green looks teal. If I pick red it looks pink on the keyboard. Everything is faded for some reason but in a preset mode the colors look great.

Edited by gmorlang - 11 Apr 2018 at 5:02pm
gmorlang View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmorlang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 12:33pm
Customer service was not able to help me at all. Iíve emailed them pictures and explained whatís going on and the guy on the phone was stumped so if there is anyone out there that had this problem or knows how to fix it Iíd love to hear from you. Thanks!
Wagashigrrl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagashigrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 4:18pm
No Tips here. My NB-408-107/ Tracer II 15 VR has been with me for two weeks. The program for Mechrevo Color Wizard is definitely buggy and is somewhat better than having no application at all.

The bold eye popping Welcome Effect at boot up, as I understand it when talking to support, is (as of now) only temporary. I discovered that using the Color Wizard completely removed the Welcome Effect. And although the UI appears to have an option to enable it, it does not. work Moreover, the tool tips on the Color Wizard application do not really make much sense for User Mode. See pic

Currently on my machine, the rainbow lighting effect is buggy. The red/yellow/blue/lavender rainbow shows up as red/red/paleblue/palelavender

I looked at the Japanese Mechrevo site and tried to find a version of the application that might work better. I did find that the Asian version has a very different color wheel type UI and that very likely there is a probable bios conflict -- I couldn't get a version of the application to work for me.
gmorlang View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gmorlang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 9:20am
So after many phone calls and and emails and chat sessions with CP I got an answer out of them on how to fix it. For some reason the MyApp RGB Keyboard driver they have on their servers isn't a complete version. They sent me the following email and my works perfect now:

Thank you for contacting CyberPowerPC Tech Support.

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.  Your drivers for your keyboard are in the link below.  You may want to use google translate to translate the page to English.  Your Keyboard drivers should be the second file from the top.

http://www.mechrevo.com/plus/search.php?keyword=MR%20X6Ti-S&kwtype=0&searchtype=title&typeid=25&exact=1

FIRST OFF DO NOT TRANSLATE TO ENGLISH!  For some reason when I did this it loaded a different page and I was unable to find the driver. Keep it in the original language. It will look like this: https://imgur.com/a/3yhNg8T

Where I circled on the right is where you need to click to get the correct driver. 
BEFORE YOU INSTALL ANYTHING MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL MyApp/MyColor FROM YOUR COMPUTER. 

After you download that driver from Mechrevo and uninstall the previous version of the driver on your Tracer II go ahead and install the new one. After a few brief moments it will ask you if you want to restart your computer, click yes, and you are good to go!

The new app will look exactly the same except at the top of the color wheel there are new blocks that have the deeper, more vibrant colors to pick from.
Here's a picture of the new MyApp: https://imgur.com/a/qBNh4fB

Hopefully this works for all of you!! Let me know if  you have any other questions.
Wagashigrrl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagashigrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:20pm
Excellent. Thank you.
The colors are brilliant now, much better.
The Welcome effect still doesn't save. :p

Really do appreciate your follow up, gmorlang!
mrcankles411 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrcankles411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2018 at 9:56am
What version exactly does it give you in the download? Mine was 1.4.2.1 but the color selection is completely different than yours and none of the buttons work.
sorry to revive an older thread, but this is the most informed one i've come across.
here is what mine looked like after using the new software.
btw i believe i have an nb-408-106 possibly. going off memory.

anyway here is what mine looks like
https://imgur.com/a/OUoab1h
D0is View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D0is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2018 at 6:23am
Hi iíve had the mycolor app and it was quite buggy. Tried to download from this link you posted but when the installation is finishing the whole pc freezes, o had to do a hard reset to get it working again but the installation is corrupted. Any thoughts?
ScratchyPixel View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScratchyPixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 12:06pm
i have found that if you install the app in windows and then later boot into your linux partition with the changes made, the keyboard no longer illuminates, until you log back into windows when the app is running.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic