FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Tracer 15 laptop screen flickering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
surixplays View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surixplays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tracer 15 laptop screen flickering
    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 2:26pm
I have the tracer 15 laptop and it has been working absolutely perfectly until yesterday, my screen started flickering on and off rapidly.
It's not a GPU problem, I already disabled and reenabled/updated/etc. the nvidia and integrated gpu.
The flickering is extremely rapid and looks like the screen is turning on and off, no colors or blocks or anything like that, just on and off flickering.
When hooked up to an external monitor the external monitor works perfectly.
I tried system restore and even on the system restore screen it was flickering.
I've tried booting my laptop in safe mode and it was still flickering. 
The ONLY thing that has stopped the flickering, interestingly enough, is when the brightness is on the lowest or 2nd lowest setting.
The 3rd lowest and 1st brightest setting causes the the most rapid seizure-inducing flickering, whereas the middle brightness settings still cause flickering but not as seizure inducing.
When the screen is on for long enough (an hour or two?) even on the lowest settings, it does eventually start flickering on all brightness settings.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with a loose cable? Or if I would have to get the entire screen replaced?

Thanks for reading!
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:09am
It could actually be an issue with drivers. Update the video card drivers first. If you already have done that call in to let one of our live techs help troubleshoot the issue. 

CUSTOMER & TECH SUPPORT:(888) 900-5180
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
rudster3 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudster3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:20pm
I have this same exact issue. Tried updating drivers, no go. Even stops flickering when brightness is turned down as the OP describes. Did anyone find a fix?
rudster3 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rudster3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by rudster3 rudster3 wrote:

I have this same exact issue. Tried updating drivers, no go. Even stops flickering when brightness is turned down as the OP describes. Did anyone find a fix?

And just to add to this, my friend and I bought the Tracer 15 at the same time back in 2017 and he is experiencing the same issue. 
moosemanxl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moosemanxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 11:15am
I too have the same issue with my Tracer II 15. The issue started a few days ago, no real change in laptop use, and not banged around or treated roughly. No significant heat (always use a cooling pad) and the screen started to flicker is the same way.

EDIT: Driver restored to old patch (patch was from way before this issue) then updated to current, then reinstalled, still flickering wtih no change. Tech support please advise.

Edited by moosemanxl - 21 Apr 2019 at 6:59pm
SibblesnBits View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SibblesnBits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:18pm
Has anyone ever resolved this issue? I am having the exact same issue as OP to the letter with a Tracer III Xtreme 17. Tried everything he has as well, only lowering brightness seems to resolve it even at all.
GarrettMiller View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GarrettMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:04pm
 I started having the exact problem a few weeks ago too! Any answers from CyberpowerPC tech support? This has really thrown a wrench in my game development business!
Porch01 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porch01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 6:41pm
Yup, terrible service for this issue. I have been battling it as well. The fixes cyberpower gives are crap. They never work. Ours was a bad motherboard. After replacement, it last 2 months before doing the same thing again. Stay clear of cyberpowerpc labtops until they formally address this issue.
Rikaterra View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikaterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 4:18pm
I have the same isue in a model tracer iii xtreme 17, when I try to raise the brightness above 15 (max 100) my screen blinks very fast and if I try to raise it up to 100 the brightness is the minimum, this is very annoying because the price of the laptop was too high
Rikaterra View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikaterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 8:28pm
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-correct-color-profile-your-monitor-windows-10

FIXED FINALLY!!!

Right Click desktop
Click Display Settings
Advanced Display Settings
Display Adapter Properties
Color Management
Select PNP Monitor
and select Use my settings for this device
select profile 
add
and close 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>