FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Laptops Purchased

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Laptops Purchased
    Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 7:01pm
Yea the app is ok, it works..lol. No problems at all out of the machine to date. I just have the bricks elevated, we are extremely satisfied with our purchases.
Wagashigrrl View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagashigrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by a11ast3r a11ast3r wrote:

The only thing I noticed is that the power brick gets rather warm, since we have hardwood floors, I placed oven heating squares under them as to not damage the flooring. I will be getting laptop coolers for them, as after gaming for an hour or so the temps were about 140 degrees F, so I want to try to help that as much as possible, they should be here by the weekend, thank you Amazon. At this point, I would def purchase again. 

On temp control
Have you noticed the internal fan controllers?

My Tracer II has an application called MY APP, and it has keyboard rgb control (a little buggy at that) and also fan control. I disabled the AutoFan and put it on Medium Manual and the temps stay at about 140f/60c at highest. On AutoFan it got up to 170F/77C while gaming. My laptop series is NB-408-107. I also considered a laptop cooler but they only effect a small degree of change compared to the internal fans.

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 11:45am
Beer
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:20am
Well, we received our laptops, there was no issues with shipping, one box was a little beat up, but nothing at all major. We got them setup, I did all of the testing that you advised Gan, everything worked perfect, we have had 0 issues with them at all. We spend the most of Saturday gaming on them without issues at all. The only thing I noticed is that the power brick gets rather warm, since we have hardwood floors, I placed oven heating squares under them as to not damage the flooring. I will be getting laptop coolers for them, as after gaming for an hour or so the temps were about 140 degrees F, so I want to try to help that as much as possible, they should be here by the weekend, thank you Amazon. At this point, I would def purchase again. 
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:24am
Woohoo!! This proved to be a busy weekend for them, both my wife and I got emails that we passed the QA phase, and now I have a tracking number!! I'm happy to say that they exceeded their original ship date and we are set to have them delivered the 27th, as the original anticipated ship date was the 27th, they have shipped as of the 23rd!! Friday will be a big day!!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 5:07am
Thumbs Up
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:26pm
Post update, got notifications that our laptops have passed warehouse and are in production now! It says assembled! That means it will hopefully ship this week!!! Gan, I will follow the steps on both laptops and test them, I have already downloaded the apps onto a USB so that I can just move and run them from there without anything extra installed. 

Sales post date:4/9/2018Expected ship date:4/26/2018
Warehouse date:4/9/2018Assembly date:4/20/2018
Quality Control date:4/21/2018Final Quality Control date:-
Shipping date:-Tracking#:-
Note:4/9/2018: Order status notification emailed (order received)

4/9/2018: Order status notification emailed (order authorized)

4/20/2018: Order status notification emailed (order passed warehouse)
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by a11ast3r a11ast3r wrote:

Thanks Gan, I reached out via chat, took a good 40 minutes to get someone, but they informed me that they are pulling the parts and that it should ship out this week or next. At this point if it ships this week, that means little to not testing will be done, is my assumption anyway. I do know that I plan on documenting the whole unboxing and startup process with both laptops. We shall see! 

Great, follow the fire up list I posted.

a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 10:09am
Thanks Gan, I reached out via chat, took a good 40 minutes to get someone, but they informed me that they are pulling the parts and that it should ship out this week or next. At this point if it ships this week, that means little to not testing will be done, is my assumption anyway. I do know that I plan on documenting the whole unboxing and startup process with both laptops. We shall see! 

Edited by a11ast3r - 19 Apr 2018 at 10:09am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:31pm
Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic