Go to CyberPowerPC Home, Cyberpower - Unleash The Power

Live Help
Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP
    Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 5:29pm
I'm just going to post an update since I though it was necessary considering how well of a job they did.

So originally the plan was for me to send it back and to pay for an upgrade to a name brand RAM since it was a faulty ram module. However after they received it they promptly fixed it over the break and shipped it back out. The good thing was that their customer service kept me updated, and called me on a regular basis which was really nice especially when the laptop was shipped back out.

I've had the laptop for the past week now, no more problems. It seems like the issue has been fixed with no random BSOD's in the past week after doing my own stress tests.

Thanks CyberPowerPC. Will order from again!
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm
Okay so let me just clarify. If I am able to determine that it is only a single ram module causing this issue than I can only send that one in? Because that would make it alot easier since I would still be able to use the laptop for the time being.

But if its a problem that is worse I'm happy to send the whole laptop in for repair. I'm quite familiar with changing RAM in a notebook since I've done it a couple of times, but I've never opened up this laptop yet. I'll keep you guys updated but how would i get to sending in a single piece of RAM when I've figured out its faulty, or through whom?
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 3:43pm
For notebooks, I would recommend to send them in. Notebooks are much more fragile then desktops so you have a much higher risk of causing damage if you do not work on notebooks normally. However, if you are able to change the RAM on this notebook, just be very careful as physical damage will not be covered.
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
kaptainkeel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaptainkeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by PlaneGuy PlaneGuy wrote:

No you can't just send the module back, it has to be the whole computer. And yes, I'm pretty sure it is from the day it leaves the warehouse.

I've heard of them allowing you to send just the module back for desktops, and even sending out the replacement before the broken one arrives so long as they place a hold on your bank account. Not sure about laptops though. Best bet is to just call them and find out, but I don't think they'll do that since most of the laptops are simply rebranded.
Core i7 4770K to be OCed | NZXT Phantom 630 | Z87X-OC
soon R9-290X to be OCed | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz to be OCed | 250GB Samsung 840 Pro
Cooler Master V1000 | Corsair H11
PlaneGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlaneGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:39pm
No you can't just send the module back, it has to be the whole computer. And yes, I'm pretty sure it is from the day it leaves the warehouse.
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_XyQMi7fxYtgczKimW4MA
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:00pm
30 days from when it left their warehouse? I'm going home in two weeks, and I was planning on testing the ram individually myself before i did anything. I was going to check to see whether or not it was the ram of possibly a motherboard problem. If it were to be a ram problem would I be able only to ship them that ram module to fix instead of the whole laptop itself?

Since i'm in no means of returning this laptop since once the issues get fixed out I believe I should be fine, but If I do have to send it in for repair I'm perfectly okay with that.
PlaneGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlaneGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 12:08pm
I meant changing lol. But the ntoskrnl is in the OS so the only thing you could do by yourself is reinstall the OS. If you don't feel like doing that than just send it back. Just remember you have 30 days from the day it ships.
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_XyQMi7fxYtgczKimW4MA
kaptainkeel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaptainkeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 11:16am
Like I said, personally I'd just send it back for repairs after checking each stick individually.
Core i7 4770K to be OCed | NZXT Phantom 630 | Z87X-OC
soon R9-290X to be OCed | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz to be OCed | 250GB Samsung 840 Pro
Cooler Master V1000 | Corsair H11
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:48am
Just got this BSOD again, i'm not quite sure whether or not its based off the ram or if it's just something else, but If anyone can tell me it would be appreciated.

On Mon 11/18/2013 6:46:39 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111813-6224-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x99, 0xFFFFF900C2E50B84, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 11/18/2013 6:46:39 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!memset+0x6486)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x99, 0xFFFFF900C2E50B84, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
aznMofo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aznMofo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:16pm
Hanging the ram? Did i happen to miss something in our conversation?

And Yeah, im trying to look around my residence, but noone has a small screwdriver. So I'm stuck waiting, Ill see if i can get it open soon so i can take a look inside.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic