Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This Just In

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
XvidameaX View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XvidameaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Just In
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 8:51pm
 This is my 4th computer I've purchased here in the last 10 or so years. All others have been exactly what I was expecting. This one ( which just arrived yesterday ) is questionable. It runs good but the build quality seems lacking or at least confusing. First thing I noticed was the Nvme drive was in the No.2 slot, ( Rog Maximus X Code MB ) meaning that it sticks out at the bottom of the board at 90 deg angle. All most touching the power supply shroud ( NZXT 340 case ). Why put it there instead of the No. 1 slot which is under the MB shroud panel where there is a heat sink with thermal pad which was designed for it? Anyways I do have about an 1/8 inch clearance where it is so haven't messed with it. So I also order the NZXT Kracken X 62 so I downloaded CAM so I could configure it. After install it showed no fans. Looked around the internet for a manual because I didn't get one and showed the proper connections for the fans. Long story short the NZXT fans are PWM and what I found in my case was 2 Coolermaster fans which are DC. Probably why they weren't connected to the pump fan array but to the MB instead. After looking closely at the ordering page the picture shows NZXT fans and on the " More Info " window it says Aer P140 fans, the fans in the picture. Which I didn't get, along with an instruction manual.
The unpacking had some surprises too first thing was the MSI box with all the extra parts. Had me worried for a second until I saw that my Asus MB was indeed in there. The driver CD was inbetween the foam and the cardboard box like it was just pitched in there at the last second and its in rough shape.
All in all worst experience from a name I trusted, Cyberpowerpc.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:02am
CP does seem to be more hit and miss on assembly. Like some don't give a crap and just throw things together. It is  a shame.

Never trust a picture, in fact I think they have it posted they are used a promo only.

The MSI box in your ASUS build is totally ridiculous. This shows who ever put it together had no care at all for the end product.

That's one reason I would never suggest someone who can't at least do some basic work on a system to buy one here so the HD and fan items can be easily fixed if you have some experience.

Edited by GAN1957 - 12 Jul 2018 at 5:03am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:03am
Well if you have any issues please DM me and I will be more than happy to help you in resolving any problems.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
XvidameaX View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XvidameaX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by GAN1957 GAN1957 wrote:

CP does seem to be more hit and miss on assembly. Like some don't give a crap and just throw things together. It is  a shame.

Never trust a picture, in fact I think they have it posted they are used a promo only.

The MSI box in your ASUS build is totally ridiculous. This shows who ever put it together had no care at all for the end product.

That's one reason I would never suggest someone who can't at least do some basic work on a system to buy one here so the HD and fan items can be easily fixed if you have some experience.

Its not just the picture. When you click the " More Info " the specs sheet comes up saying that the Aer P140's are included.

This is at the bottom of that page.

*** This specification is subject to change without notice. Please look up manufacture specification for detail reference. We are not responsible for typo or graphical errors. All typographical errors are subject to correction. ***

After chking NZXT on they're web site it says the same thing come with Aer P140's.

This is MORE that misleading advertising its on the verge of fraudulent.

What are they doing here, buying the kits, taking out the expensive fans and replacing them with inferior ones then selling them? Ebay maybe?
On Amazon NZXT sells these exact fans for $16 a piece. I'm sure the Mastercooler ones I got aren't that much.
Or are they trying to make you believe your buying the standard "kit" but in reality they just getting the pump and radiator?

Either way its very shady business practice, one that the Cyber Crimes Division of the FBI might want to look into.

ssskelton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssskelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:01pm
Quote This is MORE that misleading advertising its on the verge of fraudulent.
If the description indicates you will receive certain fans, and you get a lower quality item that is not on the verge of fraud. It is fraud. 

I'm not going to go off on a side rant about silly disclaimers, but I'll say this one thing. Simply saying you aren't responsible for mistakes has little/no impact on the actual legality of said actions.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience.

Edited by ssskelton - 12 Jul 2018 at 3:03pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 4:37am
So if it states on NZXT site the same thing I would look at them, since CP purchases from them. Don't blame you. That is what I do when checking is go to the manufactures website to see. Now if you add fans I do believe CP may have a habit of removing what it came with. So I would make darn sure to have it documented I wanted any original equipment plus my added equipment.

Not good
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:02am
Perhaps a definition of what CP mean by "Standard Fan" in their cooler specifications would be useful.

Do they mean:

1.  The fan which the manufacturer of the fan describe as the standard.

OR

2.  CP's "Standard" $5.00 Chinese fan.

Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:16am
"What are they doing here, buying the kits, taking out the expensive fans and replacing them with inferior ones then selling them? Ebay maybe?"

What happens is CP gets the cases discounted and so they get a "stripped down" version of the cases that doesn't include the fans sometimes. Whenever you order be sure to specifically ask whoever is handling your order if it comes with the fans pictured.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic