FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Terribly built and their warranty is a joke.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jinxt View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinxt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terribly built and their warranty is a joke.
    Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 3:11pm
My computer was purchased as a gift and delivered on Dec 19th 2018. Because of holiday travels I've been away and was only able to unbox my new computer last week. I was pleasantly surprised to see how secure it was packed (premium packing service was paid for).
As I lifted the machine out of the box after unbolting it (no tools provided, I have a set of hex keys). I noticed immediately how loose everything was, the case almost came apart.
This immediately set off my alarm bells. I began inspecting the rest of the computer.
My video card (RTX2070) was screwed in but not in the slot. I took pictures and removed the card to take more detailed pictures of the damage. Then I set the card in the slot (I noticed that the case was bent in the general area, the locking lever on the slot is gone).
Next I saw that only the right side of my radiator (liquid cooling system) and the fans attached to it were screwed in, the left side was unattached and lifted off the case.
At this point I'm wondering if the professional who built this thing was drunk while doing it.
In the next few hours, I managed to get the computer to boot but I found several other issues such as, they gave me a different brand of ram from what I purchased. The red pulsing light on my liquid cooler is not working, though I've checked the connections. I paid extra for professional wiring, the wiring wasn't clean and several connections were loose. My case comes with the hardware and cables to mount my video card vertically, none of these parts were passed on to me. I paid for an hdmi cable, cable is no where to be found (tiny issue and my focus is mainly on the damaged $500 video card).

So I reached out to support, sent them photos and explained what happened. I was ok with the fact that I couldn't return and get a refund because it had been over 30 days since arrival. I was away and wasn't home to open the box that's my fault, fine.
What I'm shocked by however is the total lack of professionalism and responsibility taken. They will not replace the incorrect ram, or the damaged video card. I was able to fix some of the other issues, eg: reinstall the radiator and fans correctly, and cleaned up the wiring myself ...
My expectation was that they do the bare minimum to make it right.
They advertise a 3 years warranty on labor and 1 year warranty on parts. But I was told my situation is not covered.

I'm now reaching out to share my experience across all platforms Cyberpower is associated with.
How is this type of customer service and practice legal? I spent $2,000 for a damaged computer that arrived unbootable. Quality control is nonexistent. I've built computers before so I was able to make it work. But the video card is not performing as it should and often causes the computer to crash. They could've easily corrected their total fail by offering me replacement parts, I would've happily mailed back the damaged card and incorrect ram, reinstall the parts myself and let all the other stuff go.

Edited by jinxt - 12 Feb 2019 at 3:13pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:06am
Not in anyway acceptable.

We don't hear of this bad of a situation often. I would PM CYberHD. "No insult" intended. You didn't post your full build specs, so of course none of us as members really know if everything your posting is correct. No pictures, no build list. Nothing to compare.

Hopefully you got the extended warranty. If not you only have 30 days of free shipping back to CP. Even if that had expired, you should be able to pay to ship it back. Now playing the devils advocate here. I ship a system. someone signs for it, then a month later I hear it was damaged. HMM why did this person wait a month to let me know. Sounds fishy.

Now to basics, a "warranty" only covers failed parts, not damage (unless the damage was reported in a very short time after the package was received). Which not letting them know until a month goes by is a big fail on your end. Outside of incorrect parts, if I was CP, I can't really blame them for this one.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

[email protected] View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdandersonjr@msn.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2019 at 12:51am
Similar experience here although I just received my order, it is late and no one to contact yet. My PC arrived very quickly and was packed nicely. Upon unpacking, I found the three front fans all broken off the mounts. Complete and total junk. Totally unacceptable. I have not even powered it on yet and may demand a refund. Email sent to support, I guess I'll find out what kind of company CyberPower really is. Why did I spend over $900? It certainly wasn't to receive junk I cannot use!Angry
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2019 at 4:54am
Originally posted by jdandersonjr@msn.com [email protected] wrote:

Similar experience here although I just received my order, it is late and no one to contact yet. My PC arrived very quickly and was packed nicely. Upon unpacking, I found the three front fans all broken off the mounts. Complete and total junk. Totally unacceptable. I have not even powered it on yet and may demand a refund. Email sent to support, I guess I'll find out what kind of company CyberPower really is. Why did I spend over $900? It certainly wasn't to receive junk I cannot use!Angry

Well of course this is not acceptable. Since you didn't ask questions first, did you get the ultra care packing?

Did you get the standard "junk" PSU?

Did you get the standard junk fans?

Well demand all you want. CP warranties are posted clearly. You will be charged a restocking fee unless you let them repair it.

Although a very valid point. If your complaining about fan issues, you don't need to be buying a CP system. These aren't the cookie cutters from Wally World. As long as the case is not damaged, send CP pictures and they will RMA new fans. If you ordered the "stock fans" they are junk anyway.

If the case is fine, suck it up and get some good fans. Take 5 minutes and correct the issue.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

omgitsbees View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omgitsbees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:19am
Originally posted by GAN1957 GAN1957 wrote:

Originally posted by jdandersonjr@msn.com [email protected] wrote:

Well of course this is not acceptable. Since you didn't ask questions first, did you get the ultra care packing?

Did you get the standard "junk" PSU?

Did you get the standard junk fans?

With all due respect, these are not relevant questions. It's 100% unacceptable to get a broken computer from CP no matter what. Are you seriously arguing that CP is intentionally selling broken parts? If they shipped a computer with broken parts then the warranty shouldn't mean crap, CP needs to own up and fix the problem.
dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:52am
What was the response from CP?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic