FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

System is go

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cyruscloud View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyruscloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: System is go
    Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:04pm
Received my system today I don't have my e-mail accessible right now to grab the actual listed spec but I will summarize it.  Will have photos soon, I took some during the unboxing for record incase something was wrong. Lighting in my room is terrible though so not sure how well they turned out at this point.  Working on benchmarking and getting some essentials in place. Trying to decide on what anti-virus to go with, use to using AVG but have had times where I felt it was a bit of a performance hog. Would like a good free options that isn't too intrusive and just handles my basic protection needs without all the flash. I've heard Avast and Microsoft essentials are good looking into them.  So far idle temps with HWmonitor, CPU is between 32 and 38C, Core#3 seems to stay a few degrees higher than the others.  Video card idles around 36 or 37, when I run windows performance test it got up to 71C. It still didn't get much louder despite then fan speed increasing some so I may look into upping the fan speeds on the video card will know for sure when I get a chance to run 3dmark. Not sure if I want to run furmark or not.  So far so good other than the power cable to the dvd drive being a little loose and there being a small bend in a place in the radiator of the cooler though there were no leaks or anything.

System specs

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1050]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CAS: * Azza Genesis 9000 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ 2 x 230mm fans, 4x Easy Swap HDD, Dual Power Supply Support, & front USB 3.0 Port [+48] (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: None
  • CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: Standard Coolant
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • ENGRAVING_MSG:
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: Asetek 570LX Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) [+43]
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_VC: Free Metro: Last Light Coupon [+0]
  • FREEBIE_VC2: None
  • GLASSES: None
  • HDD: 250 GB SAMSUNG 840 Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 250MB/s Write [+107] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200 RPM HDD [+94] (Single Drive)
  • HEADSET1: Cooler Master Storm Sonuz Gaming Headset w/ Flexible Headband & Detachable Microphone [+0]
  • IEEE_CARD: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD1: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard [+5]
  • MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X [+29])
  • MONITOR: None
  • MONITOR2: None
  • MONITOR3: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: * (4-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI
  • MOUSE1: AZZA Optical 1600dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge [+4]
  • MOUSE2: AZiO Levetron GM2000 2000 DPI 6-Buttons USB Gaming Mouse [+0]
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional [+31] (64-bit Edition)
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+77]
  • RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TABLET: None
  • TEMP: None
  • TUNING: None
  • TVRC: None
  • USB: None
  • USBFLASH: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+280] (Powered by MSI [Free 3DMark Advanced Edition coupon w/ MSI video card] [+0])
  • VIDEO2: None
  • VIDEO3: None
  • WNC: None
    cyruscloud View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyruscloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2013 at 3:55pm
    Finally back and with photos this time; rather than fill up the board with them I will just post a link to the album.

http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/cyruscloud/library/Azza9K?sort=3&page=1

Everything has been going smooth so far, temps are good, noise level is good and boot speed is insane with the SSD.  Really like the Sonuz headset and Levetron mouse too, great addons.  Only disappointment so far is the video card isn't the twin frozr model. The site doesn't really tell you which you are getting I was expecting the twin frozr version since it has higher clocks and a better cooler but instead it is the single fan model.  Still runs quite cool and isn't too loud even at 70% fan, haven't needed to push it beyond that so far but would have liked to of known that before hand since I researched the other version heavy and liked it only to not get it but a different version.  One good thing to note, if you choose to get the metro last light coupon you will get the 3dmark coupon anyway, so no reason really to choose there so nice surprise on that one though I thought it might work out that way.

Only other oddity or surprise really is this case is naturally designed and advertised in its reverse form making it unique really but it allows building reverse or standard. Was quite surprised they chose to build this standard considering that probably required more work than its natural reverse form. I don't really care either way I am more use to the standard but was expecting it to come reversed like you see in most places. You can see in the photos they turned the motherboard tray around and swapped the doors to make it like a standard case though the power supply is installed in the front which is good as I wouldn't have wanted to give up one of the bottom fans. Only problem with front power supply is no power switch you can get to if you want it since it's inside the case.

Edited by cyruscloud - 12 Jun 2013 at 3:56pm
    PGrimm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PGrimm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:29am
    sorry  don't click links from web boards :)   but  you should post a pic :) 
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic