FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starting up new pc help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dennis.d90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis.d90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting up new pc help!!
    Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 5:06am
Just bought my new pc got it home hooked up all the cables. I went to turn on the computer and as windows is booting up I get to the screen that says setup is preparing your computer for first use the a box pops up that's says windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation. This is the first time I bought a pc like this what do I need to do now?????
Keiichi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keiichi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 12:12pm
I had something similar happen to my system when I got it, despite me stating I did not want them to install the OS.

Cyberpower does have an 'image' they load computers with, but sometimes the image will not always work with the custom system they make.

So what you will need to do is reinstall the OS using the cyberpower disk.

Be sure to get the Product Key that is attached to your computer written down for ease of use.

Next, install the OS off the Cyberpower disk, just answer the questions as best you can, but for the most part, it should be fairly straight forward.

Next, have the other disks ready, you will want to install the following when you get the Windows Desktop:

1) Motherboard Drivers/Chipset (For the OS to detect your system peripherals correctly)
2) Ethernet/LAN drivers (So you have network ability, which should be with the Motherboard CD)
3) Video Card Drivers (So the resolution is a bit easier to read)
4) Audio Card Drivers (For your audio capability, even if it is onboard.)

Note, most of the drivers will probably be on the Motherboard CD, namely the Ethernet/LAN and Audio if you aren't using a card audio.  Same with Video if you aren't using an dedicated graphics card and using the built in card (Which I doubt).

At this point, your computer should be at the level of installing software, but given this is a new PC, I would recommend doing Windows Updates first, and run a couple of Benchmark and Mem Test programs to make sure everything is properly running before you install software, that way, if something does come up as bad, you have the ability to return it right away versus putting too much time in setting up stuff you are about to lose because you have to send it back due to a problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic