Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small OC on brand new parts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Artunias View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artunias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small OC on brand new parts?
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 3:27pm
Two questions here.

1) Is the CP PC overclock really that bad? I'm also worried about warranties if something should go wrong related to the other thread just below that it can void warranties if you don't purchase it. I just wanted a small boost/tweaking so I only opted for the 10% overclock. With a professional builder, in my head, having them tweak the settings at a lower level (10%) seemed like it would just lead to a more optimal setup without hurting any parts in the long term overall - but the comments about their in house OC service hasn't seem overly positive.

2) On an 8700k and 2080, is there any real benefit to doing a small OC anyway? I don't even know if the OC service from CP PC includes GPUs. 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:04am
They just do a basic. Not worth what you pay. Most MOBO's come with software that you can use to do a moderate OC without the need to get into the BIOS. You can easily turn it on and off. Any OC will be reset if you remove the battery and reset the CMOS. Then you have to start over.

Put your cash into the tuning plan. This gets you a one time free CPU replacement if it fries.

With a 8700K and a "1080" your not really going to need an OC. I don;t know if you will even be able to tell the difference. 

Th OC is for the CPU, not the GPU. If you want an OC on the GPU you need to buy on listed as overclocked, or do it yourself.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 5:31am
"On an 8700k and 2080, is there any real benefit to doing a small OC anyway?"

Absolutely not that combination is obviously plenty fast.
Artunias View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artunias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 3:03pm
Yeah, I cancelled my overclock from them. Appreciate the replies!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic