FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping to Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
whitelitender View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelitender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping to Canada
    Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 8:18am
How long will it take to ship a desktop to Canada, British Columbia Vancouver?
Nice reply please ^^Embarrassed
Boomer19982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Boomer19982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 5:42pm
To be honest the same time anything else you buy across the border. The thing that is iffy is how long it takes for your build to be made. Just helpful hints. Do NOT order a pre made computer. Do NOT order a generic power supply. Do NOT expect it to built on time.

Be sure to look at the forums here to get a good idea on a good build. We have some very capable techies on here who are not here to sell things so we won't push you to buy anything needlessly. Just give us what you want your computer to do and your desired price point. For example I am primarily a gamer and want something a rout $1500, or I need it to do mostly video editing and looking to spend $800 to $1000.

Welcome to the forums.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 4:25am
Yep, it just matters on how fast they build it.

Check with your post office, you will be charged extra fees for importing from the U.S.

If you really get interested, start a new thread in the build section (unless you are very sure and don't get the standard PSU). Post your max budget (U.S.) and what it is for. The membership will chime in with suggestions.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

whitelitender View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelitender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 8:05am
I'm sorry, I am new to Cyberpower and buying stuffs from US. How much additional fee do I have to pay for importing from America? Thank you ^^
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 10:12am
Originally posted by whitelitender whitelitender wrote:

I'm sorry, I am new to Cyberpower and buying stuffs from US. How much additional fee do I have to pay for importing from America? Thank you ^^

You need to contact your postal service/customs to find out. That is who asses the fee, CP will not know.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

genimoemu View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genimoemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 2:14pm
NOTE: July 24-17
The exchange rate from USD. to CAD. on July 24-17 is 1.25 CAD. for every dollar in USD.. You need to add the difference to the the price of the system you want. The import fee (customs tarrif) or what every name they use is not cheap. Look for an additional fee of around 200.00. If you call UPS to find out exactly what the different parts of the fee represent a UPS representative will not answer(Most likely doesn't know!) and tries to get you off the line as quickly as possible. In short the difference in exchange rate plus the customs fee will cause the system to be equal to or greater than the price for a comparable system purchased in Canada. Also, check the manufacture date of the system you want or specifically ask a sales person if the system hardware is being assembled on order or a stock unit in inventory( Note built on order is more than just installing the OS which is purchased. The Notebook I purchased was one year old sitting in inventory and there was still a considerable delay in receiving the order in spite of purchasing a rush on assembly and shipping.
Another thing to consider is online chat support for a CyberPowerPC Notebook which very good. Not only was there a long wait time, the information that was received was wrong and the attitude of the representative was very poor! I'm still waiting for a tech. rep. to get back to me on my last tech support request which was more than one month ago.  It wasn't surprising to discover that online chat support is outsourced.
An alternative route might be to get a list of Computer re-sellers that receive their product from Ingram Micro Canada (Largest Computer Distributor in Canada) and research support quality, pricing and business practice integrity for the individual re-sellers. Just a suggestion. 
CarlaS View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarlaS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 7:17am
Hi... For anyone that is currently wondering about duty fees into Canada. I am thinking of getting a PC shipped into Canada as well. Even with all the fees it's still worth it especially when you're building your own. I have tried picking my own in Canada and for what I want I'm still coming in at about $2200 Canadian. I can build something nice here and it's only about $1900 US. It works out to the same minus the worry of not putting it together which I would like to do but this is my very first time.
See the hyperlink below.
I hope that helps. It will be dependent on your province. I think we only pay the tax on it. https://www.crossbordershopping.ca/calculators/canadian-duty-calculator

Edited by CarlaS - 14 Aug 2017 at 7:27am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic