FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scam alert! Do NOT buy from CyberPowerPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Oktavien View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oktavien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scam alert! Do NOT buy from CyberPowerPC
    Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 10:37am
I am furious. I made my first purchase with CPPC on 10/07 for a custom i7 computer with one of the new 8th gen processors. The price came out to about $3800 which included the cost of 1 day UPS shipping. Fast forward to Friday 10/20 and UPS delivers the computer with a broken case frame. I contacted customer service the next day to let them know and ask what my options are. To make a long story short: none of them are any good. 

Option 1: Return the computer to CPPC via their complimentary UPS return shipping label and wait approx 10-14 days for it to be repaired and back in my possession. They offered to mail it back to me with complimentary 3 day UPS delivery which is nice but keep in mind I paid almost $200 for UPS 1 day delivery. I find this to be problematic because the entire time I'm without the system their return policy is still ticking down (30 days). Meaning they'll have had the computer longer than me by a factor of THREE or FOUR times and yet it still counts against my days for consideration of return? Very strange if you ask me.

Option 2: CPPC offered to mail out a replacement frame so I can do the work myself. This option isn't very appealing to me because if I have to replace the frame then why not just build my own computer in the first place? The whole purpose of buying from CPPC was to save myself time and frustration (how ironic this is turning out to be). 

Option 3: I can return the system to CPPC for a refund. However, Thomas from the CA office refused to provide me with a return shipping label if this was the route I would be taking. He said their policy only allows return shipping labels for repairs (not returns) and that I'd have to pay this cost out of pocket. This is less than ideal as the system is nearly 70 lbs and shipping it to CA from my location would cost a decent amount of money. Not only that it feels like the company is punishing me for something that was entirely out of my control? 

To add to my frustration the amount of empathy Thomas and Steve D have shown in my situations is, literally, zero. Thomas tells me that he can't provide me with an employee ID number because CPPC is a small company and they'll know who he is if I say he's from the CA office. Steve gave me the same answer when  spoke with him. I honestly thought CPPC  was a bigger company than what they are claiming to be which begs the question if they're so small then why are they giving me such a hard time with a $3800 purchase? I asked Thomas if he would make an exception and match the 1 day UPS delivery option I originally purchased as a compromise and he flat out denied my request. 

Honestly, this has been such a hassle and waste of time of my time. I really hope others out there learn from this situation and stay away from CyberPower PC. They are a scam company that builds faulty computers and then charges customers to return them. Sure, some will say the computer could have been damaged during delivery. However, consider this: the computer was packaged fairly well and I documented the unboxing processes to which I noticed the broken case immediately. It seems more likely that it was put in the box this way as the packaging of it was decent. 

CPPC has quite a bad reputation and it's easy to see why. I may choose to update this post later with pictures of how it was delivered but for right now just thinking about this whole situation has given me a headache (again) and the rant is long enough. Purchase from CyberPower at your own risk! Very Risky!!! 
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 6:53am
$3800?!?! My god man. Launching nukes with that thing? I hope to god you're going to tell me you're a 3D Modeler and not a gamer.

I assume by "frame" you mean case. The fact that you call it a "frame" makes me think you aren't all that tech savvy? AmIRite? I get your frustration. But I would no question go with option 2. I think it's silly to even consider any other option.
It certainly must have been broken in shipping. You don't seriously think they put a known broken case in a box?

What part of it is broken?

GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2017 at 11:04am
Well you have a right to expect a system to get to you in one piece no doubt. I like the way people blame CP for something that is more likely to be a UPS issue. We see this all the time. CP does not run UPS people. They will however repair a system even if it's "not their fault" when the shipper damages a system.

Get real. Or when something fails in a system CP gets blamed, people think CP doesn't manufacture the parts, they just assemble systems. So why do they get blamed when a part fails. They replace the part during the warranty period.

People who don't ask questions before a build and do something like order rush (can easily have issues), which any long time member will tell you to never do. Give them the time they need to build it.

I wonder if you had the "ultra care packing" option added to your build. Which the membership tells everyone to do unless they pick it up themselves.

Another fallacy, is when people rant about CP's way of handling claims. That comes from not "reading" the warranty before you buy a system. Which is posted for all to see on the website which almost no one reads, then whines when they have a problem and blame CP for sticking with it's posted warranty.

You even stated the options. I get so sick of people ranting and not taking into account other factors they would know about if they read posted warranties and factor other parties involved.

Is CP perfect, no way. They have QC and CS issues most of them need a course on how to talk to people no doubt. But blaming them for factors that may be out of their control is not realistic.

I have seen things that should have never gotten by QC no doubt, but most all were resolved under their clearly stated terms. We have 6 systems in near 8 years. We had problems with 2 of them and got everything resolved. It is normal for people to jump on board and complain, it's human nature. There are hundreds who are to busy to post how they like their system because they are to busy using it.

No I'm not a CP employee or "fan boy", just stating what I have observed over the years here. If you buying a CP system don't do like this person did. Start a thread in the build section. Post your max budget and what the system is for. The membership will chime in with suggestions for a solid build, protected during shipping, advise you to give them the time they need and potentially save you a ton of wasted cash.

Edited by GAN1957 - 24 Oct 2017 at 11:09am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 6:31am
I am not a fanboi either. I 100% understand the frustration. ESPECIALLY spending that much on a PC. That might be the most expensive PC I've seen sold here. But I agree, Gan. 

Originally posted by Oktavien Oktavien wrote:

To add to my frustration the amount of empathy Thomas and Steve D have shown in my situations is, literally, zero. Thomas tells me that he can't provide me with an employee ID number because CPPC is a small company and they'll know who he is if I say he's from the CA office. Steve gave me the same answer when  spoke with him. 
Dell doesn't give their employees "Employee id's". 

However, consider this: the computer was packaged fairly well and I documented the unboxing processes to which I noticed the broken case immediately. It seems more likely that it was put in the box this way as the packaging of it was decent. 
This one always cracks me up. Others have said similar things. "They knew it was broke when they boxed it up and sent it to me anyway".
Come on man. You cannot seriously believe any employee of any company is going to willfully ship out broken stuff? Absolutely ridiculous. Even the newest part time employee that is only working there for the summer is not going to ship broken stuff.
Boomer19982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Boomer19982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 3:43pm
The UPS drop kick is a real thing. I know from people who work in the shipping industry that it happens often. The idea goes like this. UPS AND FedEx have a unwritten rule that if something is “accidentally” broken open a employee can option to dispose of pieces that have fallen out into their own pocket. The receiver has the option to make a insurance claim on the package. Usually the bosses won’t say anything as long as it doesn’t happen too often. Some handlers do this some don’t.

Next, what you are describing is not a scam at all. From what you represented Cyberpowerpc gave you what are standard options for custom items ordered by mail or online. You should always weigh in the problems of returning when choosing to order online. Does the price difference outweigh possible difficulties. You chose yes. I am sorry it didn’t work out this time.
High end computers are like high end cars. Treat them well and maintain them properly and you will get an incredible ride.
Peregrine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peregrine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 6:53am
How broken is the 'frame', I'm curious?

Mageman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mageman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:55am
okay I got one for this........since it was damaged in shipping shouldn't UPS be somewhat made responsible and cover the return shipping somehow????
Come join Riders of the Rebellion!!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Mageman Mageman wrote:

okay I got one for this........since it was damaged in shipping shouldn't UPS be somewhat made responsible and cover the return shipping somehow????

There would be free shipping for 30 days period. CP will want pictures to turn in a UPS claim. 

CP may ship a damaged case. One of my sons a few years ago can with a perfect box inside and out. When we removed the system there was a slight dent and a removable hot plug HD tray was damaged. We got things fixed.

I don't trust CP QC, that's why the detailed unboxing I often post.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

reyes.nathaniel89 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reyes.nathaniel89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 6:12pm
I completely agree with everything you had to say Gan. I absolutely don't understand as to why people blame a builder for components and/or damages during transit nor do I understand as to why people take their frustrations out of the builder for NOT reading specs, policies, etc. BEFORE THEY PURCHASE THE BUILD.. smh.. half the time, the customer doesn't actually read anything such as return policies, warranties, etc., but instead they just click to the finish and buy it without reading a single thing.

Also, rule of thumb as you stated in the forum before...check everything and take a crap ton of pictures for evidence... from the unboxing process all the way to fully set up running benchmark tests on the machine. In addition to that, it drives me absolutely batty when people sit, hardcore rage, and then start spouting non sense just because their product was damaged and NOT considered that FedEx, UPS, or what have you might have screwed the package up while they were getting it to the customer, but then again... it's easier to blame the builder rather than what might actually be the issue(s)...
Steveng08 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveng08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:14pm
I went through a very similar situation. They sent me a broken PC, improperly shipped, expect to me keep all the hardware they damaged as brand new, and then sent me a repaired yet broken again PC. The case looked beat up and used honestly. And then if you just want to rid yourself of this trash company forever, they punish you by making you pay the outrageous shipping back, even though they don't know how to ship a PC in the slightest it seems. They are scamming thieves people. Don't let the deals and random good experiences influence you at all. If they send you a broken PC you're automatically stuck with damaged hardware from all of the shipping, or you're out hundreds shipping it back. Punished for being a trusting and well paying customer. I hope they go under in the worst of ways.

Edited by Steveng08 - 23 May 2019 at 4:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic