FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations for upgrading pc parts?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cutechango View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutechango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommendations for upgrading pc parts?
    Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:07am
My current specs are:
Processor: AMD FX 6300 (Six-core processor)
Installed RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 250 Series
I believe my hard drive is 1 TB

Not sure which model my computer is, but it's CyberPowerPC. Running on a 64 bit operating system.

Would anyone have any recommendations on parts I should upgrade (in priority as well, meaning which part should be upgraded first)
I've had my computer for just about 2 years now, and I use it to run simple games and general use but still want to have an upgrade since it has slowed down since I've purchased it.

>yes i'm a cp customer but i don't know my customer id off hand. if someone tells me how i can get this info; i can try to find it.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutechango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:11am
If I forgot to add any other components of my current computer, please tell me so I can receive maximized feedback.
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:59am
Not enough information. How much are you willing to spend? What will be the primary use of the PC? What games? From what you described it is currently used for it is fine as is.

Edited by Notanymore - 18 Feb 2019 at 12:01pm
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutechango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Notanymore Notanymore wrote:

Not enough information. How much are you willing to spend? What will be the primary use of the PC? What games? From what you described it is currently used for it is fine as is.

Primary use of the computer as said above is general use along with light gaming, nothing too hardcore that requires an amazing computer.
I'm looking for simple upgrades, so a couple to a few hundred dollars is all I'm willing to spend considering if I spend any more than that, I'm better off buying a completely new build. Games such as fortnite, csgo, minecraft, etc.
These games can sometimes lag, I'd rather be able to play with more frames. 
Any suggestions on how to speed computer up? Should I take it to the repair shop to get it externally and internally cleaned? Would that help?

Also, just to speed my computer up overall and having more frames, what should I upgrade?
Aeropostle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aeropostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:34pm
The FX 6300 is adequate for the games you have listed. So your motherboard is fine.  IF it were my machine, I would find 8 more Gigs of Ram.  Samsung 860 Evo 500 Gig SSD's are reasonable and affordable now. Right at a hundred bucks.  Install the Operating system on the SSD and your machine will be so fast it will absolutely surprise you.
Your last weakest link is the Graphics card.  The cheapest option would be to find something a little newer on the used market.  One of the best options would be to grab a Nvidea 1050ti.  They're 125-145.00 new.  You won't need to upgrade your powersupply as most designs get all the power they need from the PCI-E slot.  The 1050ti is exceptional regarding power effeciency to performance.
Other current cards to look at would be Radeon RX 570, 560 or Nvidea 1050, or 1060.
Old Cards to look at would be AMD Radeon HD 7950, HD 7970, R9 280, R9 280x, R9 290X,  Nvidea GTX 960, 970
System 1: Ryzen 5 2600 Asus Prime 350B 16 Gigs Corsair DDR4 3200 Radeon His Ice2 R9-280x
System 2. Intel 8700k Asus Prime with Strix RTX 2060
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutechango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 9:46am
Thank you very much, I'll check into this stuff Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic