Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radiator fan noise.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pollyfone300 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pollyfone300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radiator fan noise.
    Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 3:16pm
I just bought a medium size rig from cyberpower, preassembled. It's been about a week and a half and I love the computer but I noticed the rearmost fan that is in the radiator housing is making a funny grinding sound as if its bogged down. Sure enough when I looked back there it looks like its struggling to spin, slowing to the point my eyes can almost discern individual blades. Being who I am I poked it with the soft tubing from a diflouroethane can and momentarily stopped movement. After that it reached peak and has stayed there silently but after a shutdown and restart it starts all over again. If I let it be at boot it will eventually go away after a few minutes but it doesnt happen consistently. Is my radiator fan dying? Do I need another and if so what size is that, 120mm? Does any 120mm work or do I need a specific variance?

My specs
Windows 10 home
32 gigs 3000mhz DDr4
2T optane boosted mechanicle drive.
256 SSD Boot drive.
Intel I7 8700 3.7mhz
Motherboard TUF Z370-plus
GPU GTX 1080ti

dforrest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dforrest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 4:39pm
Is it by any chance one of the $3 "Standard" fans?
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 5:08am
Originally posted by dforrest dforrest wrote:

Is it by any chance one of the $3 "Standard" fans?

Most likely so, the standard fans.

No big deal, replace it with a decent fan.

First post, so I assume you bought an off the shelf unit. For sure check your PSU, if you have a standard one get it out of your system. If it is EVGA, Corsair (not the builder grade), XFX, Thermaltake.

Any body reading this, the membership will not suggest buying a system off the shelf or from a third party. CP often uses lower end parts. Get on the message board and start a thread. Post what you are looking at or what the system is for and your max budget. The membership will chime in with suggestion and get you the code to save 5% off your total.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:28am
Any fans of the same measurement should work. If you need help just DM me and we can see if we can replace it if its under warranty.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic