New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Quick questions about cables, ports, and chassises
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick questions about cables, ports, and chassises

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TenzinWalker View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenzinWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick questions about cables, ports, and chassises
    Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 3:56pm
For starters, I am currently customizing my first build, and I am a little confused about HDMI ports, certain chassises, and a few other things.

HDMI ; Research states that HDMI is able to provide high quality audio and video, so does this mean that additional wires and cables for audio and video respectively will not be necessary? Whats the difference between HDMI mini, and a regular HDMI port? What's HDMI "male"? What connectors do I need to connect my PC to the monitor?

CHASSISES ; According to the CyberPower website, many PC casings completely lack HDMI ports. When I look under "I/O" tab, I just see USB and audio ports, no HDMI. Does this mean that the chassis is unable to contain a PC that is capable of generating video? Surely not.

FINALLY ;  Does a PC come with cables? HDMI? What cables exactly does a PC come with, or do I need to buy my own?

Thanks in advance if you can answer any of my questions.
Tenzin
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 4:30am
Some basics on HDMI. >>>> https://www.cnet.com/news/why-all-hdmi-cables-are-the-same/

Chassis have nothing to do with how many or what "ports" you have or what the completed system can do. Ports are contained on the MOBO and the Video card. The MOBO comes with a plate designed to fit over every port it has. This plate is a standard size and every case has an area it fits into. This exposes all the ports in the finished system. The same with video cards. They can come with different ports and a universally sized plate which fits into a case.

The only cord you will get is the power cord for your PC. All other cables you will need to get.

I would highly suggest posting your full build specs before you buy. Let us know what the system is for and your max budget. Members will chime in with suggestions. There can be big differences in quality, cooling, etc.which oculd bite you later.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

TenzinWalker View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenzinWalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 8:50am
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ngbVjy

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($484.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($77.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung - Spinpoint F3 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB ROG Strix Gaming OC Video Card  ($749.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair - SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.89 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($99.39 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor: MSI - Optix MAG271C 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($269.00 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Corsair - K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Corsair - M65 PRO RGB FPS Wired Optical Mouse  ($45.86 @ OutletPC) 
Headphones: Corsair - HS50  Headset  ($45.67 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2512.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-04 11:48 EDT-0400

Here's a rundown of a PC I am thinking g of building myself.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 4:30am
Well, the message board is for CP "customers". Not to assist taking buying opportunities away from CP.

Not that I agree, but I will honor it. Sorry, no more comments from me.

Good luck.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic