Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSU power supply catalogue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bayfox View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PSU power supply catalogue
    Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 2:41pm
so i recently ordered a 8700k with a rtx2070 and the adata hybrid cooled ram
i think i got a pretty nice deal on everything, it was mostly all the parts i wanted except an evga power supply

so when i was theory crafting my build, i would always choose that 600w evga gold, but now it doesn't seem to be available
site wide it seems they aren't carrying Any evga psu.. it makes me regret not ordering between thanksgiving and Xmas
i'm glad the adata liquid rgb ram is still available because that was their "december" promoted brand, yet between xmas and new year it wasn't available.. anyway, i put it in my build next time i saw it available...

backto the topic, i went with a thermaltake 600w smart gold... there are a few other forums who it seems detest thermaltake PSU over evga, but those may be a bit outdated.. aside from a sh--ty sata cable on one of the models, the buyer reviews on thermaltake smart and toughpower seem to be pretty good.. this unfortunately is all i have to go on, all i could find similar was the 600w smart White, not gold.. i also looked at the thermaltake smart M series, but couldn't find the exact model, so i'm assuming it's going to be a slightly better version of those not available directly to consumers, as i'm sure they are pushing the budget white 80plus, the toughpower, and the semi modular smart and rgb line ups.. all that considered, the ones available from cyberpower are probably 'better than basic and affordable' versions..

anyway, with that all said.. just wondering what everyones thoughts are or if anyone recently ordered a build and if you had either of those 2 power supplies
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:22am
Don't assume it s better than a retail. Some items CP has a contract for a "custom" component. For Instance the GEIL Super Luce RAM. Not the same as  the retail version in speed.

Overall Thermaltake is one of the better choices for PSU's. Others XFX, Corsair TX, IN WIN (which produces PSU's for other retailers)
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:19pm
 I wish CyberpowerPC would offer Seasonic PSU's on the configurators. 
Windows 10
Overclocked 3570K
570 LX cooling, push pull
Cooler Master HAF-XM case
750w Corsair TX PSU
16gb of 1866 Corsair Vengeance ram
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic