Print Page | Close Window

PC is great, cable management, crap.

Printed From: CyberPowerPC
Category: Feedback
Forum Name: Customer Feedback
Forum Description: Tell us of your purchasing experience.
URL: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55267
Printed Date: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:19am

Topic: PC is great, cable management, crap.
Posted By: alfakenyjuan
Subject: PC is great, cable management, crap.
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 9:46am
I bought my pc a last month, got it in a few weeks ago.  It was working great for a few days, and then I started noticing a burning smell.  Couldn't figure out where it was coming from and just kept using the pc.  Computer shut off suddenly while I was playing a game.  Burning was coming from the pc.  Took the back panel off and the wires were melted.  The technicians tied ALL the extra wires from the psu and stuffed them directly NEXT to the psu.  No air going by cables, means heat, means melting.  Tell  your technicians to be smarter about that when building.  Got the psu replaced by you guys and you didn't even bother to send me a copy of the psu that it came with.  The supply it came with had special connectors for the lighting in my computer.  The new one just has the regular wires coming from it.  

Word of caution, always check cable management when getting a pc built for you.

Replies:
Posted By: omgitsbees
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 4:12pm
Yikes! This is good to know. Waiting to see what the CP defense brigade will say to this. Still waiting on my PC but will double check the cables when I get mine. 

Posted By: Peregrine
Date Posted: 07 May 2019 at 7:53am
That sucks, but it isn't common. Not defending anyone, but this is the only post I've ever seen about this issue and I've been hanging here on and off for 2 years. 
Usually the wiring is shockingly good. I didn't pay for the 'better wiring' and was blown away and how neat and tidy it was. I replaced the PSU and couldn't even put them back the way they had them, it was that good.

So did they help you out?

Print Page | Close Window