Forum Description: All Post-sales desktop and laptop supports and services
URL: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=33184
Printed Date: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:45pm

Topic: Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP
Posted By: aznMofo
Subject: Constant BSOD and software crashes. PLEASE HELP
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 5:31pm
Hey guys,
I just recently got my new Fangbook HX6 laptop last week after waiting 3 weeks for it, and things have not gone smoothly. Ever since i've gotten it I have been getting constant BSOD's relating to either the killer wireless card, or by "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" problem. As well, ton's of software such as microsoft flash, google chrome and multiple games crash non-stop during the day.

I've updated all of my drivers that i could think off, and i'm starting to run out of ideas

It is very hard for me since I use this computer for both gaming, and for all of my school work, and it alarms me that it is will to crash at any time, especially when trying to complete my crucial assignments.

Any help will be appreciated!

Specs:ADAPTER: Full Range AC adapter 180W, AC in 100~240V ~ 2.5A 50~60Hz, DC output 19.5V, 9.5A
BAGS: None
BATTERY: 9-Cells Lithium-Ion battery pack 11.1Vdc 7800mAh 87Wh
BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth
CD: 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X + DL Super-Multi Drive (NB-FANG-DVDRW)
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4800MQ Mobile Processor 2.70 GHz 6M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 3.70 GHz
FLASHMEDIA: Built-In 2in1 Media Reader
HDD: 240 GB Kingston HyperX 3K SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 555MB/s Read & 510MB/s Write [+192] (Single Drive)
HDMI: Built-in HDMI Port
INVERTER: None
KEYBOARD1: Built-in Full Size Keyboard w/ Red Backlight [+0]
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: None
MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel HM87 Express Chipset Mainboard
MOUSE1: Built In Multi-Touch Touch Pad [+0]
MSSDx1: None [-99]
NETWORK: Killer E2200 10/100/1000 Mbps Gaming Network Card
NOTEBOOK: CyberPowerPC FANGBOOK EVO 15.6" FHD LED-Backlit 1920x1080 Display w/ Red backlit performance keyboard with programmable keys, Built-in 720p HD webcam, HDMI Port, Li-Ion Battery, & Universal AC Adapter
NOTEBOOK_COVER: Fangbook EVO HX6 Cover
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows 7 Professional [+31] (64-bit Edition)
RAID: Non-RAID Storage
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: Supreme HD Audio w/ THX True Studio Pro Technology
SPEAKERS: Premium Stereo Speaker System
TABLET: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in 2x USB2.0 Ports + 3x USB3.0 Ports
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GTX 765M 2GB PCIe Video (NB-FANG-501)
VIDEOCAMERA1: Built-in HD Webcam [+0]
WNC: 5th Generation Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260HMW 802.11AC, 867Mbps+300Mbps Wi-Fi + BT 4.0, Mini PCI-E combo [+32]
WTV: None

Replies:
Posted By: PlaneGuy
Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 5:58pm
Have you run chkdsk and memtest? You could also run SFC /scannow which will check the integrity of all your files and replace corrupt ones.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_XyQMi7fxYtgczKimW4MA

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 6:33pm
I haven't run a memtest yet, I'm probably going to run one tomorrow night before i go to sleep and have it run overnight. I ran chkdsk and found no problems at all.

I ran sfc/ scannow and found one problem which was "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir/Logs/CBS/CBS.log For example C:/Windows/Logs/CBS/CBS.log"
I have no idea what that means, but any insight might be helpful.

I've also gotten the blue screen "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" based from my e2200 killer wireless network card, and some other random BSOD recently, but don't know what to do.

If anything ill probably go to a computer shop this weekend or something and see what my student budget can do to fix this computer.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 6:45pm
What does the screen say when it crashes? I need something that looks like http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/49382-63-irql_not_less_or_equal-bsod-help#. - this .

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 6:51pm
Most recent one was this.
On Thu 11/14/2013 1:16:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111313-11481-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75B80)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5003, 0xFFFFF70001080000, 0x48ED, 0x48EF000091DE)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

The one that had the IRQL error doesn't show up anymore. As more errors and blue screens show up ill keep updating. But basically when i checked on whocrashed last time it said the error was the e2200 card driver, which i already reinstalled.

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 6:57pm
Well ntoskrnl.exe means somethings wrong deep inside the OS. There are a few different things to try http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/23643-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html - here with instructions on how to do them. I'm just not sure how much you feel comfortable doing.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 7:08pm
Comfortable as in what? I'm currently trying to write an essay, but its pretty gay to get there types of errors.

I just got another blue screen just now with there details:
On Thu 11/14/2013 3:04:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111313-12823-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x99, 0x306EE7, 0x2, 0x2F5DAD)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

So now i've had around 4 different types of blue screens, and its quite annoying. Would it just be better to drop it off to a store and have someone professional do it instead.

Posted By: GAN1957
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 5:19am
There are several programs that can help you decipher crash dump files.

I agree first run Memtest, and go from there. Especially since you did not order name brand RAM. Always suggested.

Check these links out>>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74712/how-to-find-bsod-error-messages/ - Bleeping Computer , http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html - NirSoft , http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681381%28v=vs.85%29.aspx - Windows Error Codes

-------------
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Posted By: CyberHD
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2013 at 5:07pm
I don't suggest going to a local shop. You will need to pay. This is a new notebook so let us take care of it if you are unable to solve this issue.

One thing to check if the BSOD references the killer nic, is open the Killer network manager software if installed. If you have an option for APP MODE, choose APP MODE. Also, i believe in Advanced there is an option for application control. Try to disable that feature.

If problem persists, contact tech support for further assistance.

-------------
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 8:38pm
I'm planning on running a memtest tonight before i go to sleep. Is there anyway to do this through the bios, since i've overheard you can without downloading an external application.

As well, since im in no possibility at this point to ship it all the way back to california to get it fixed, is there any other options for repair wise?

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2013 at 8:40pm
I also got a couple of more BSOD that occurred over the past two days, just in case any of these can give some insight on a potential problem:

On Sat 11/16/2013 4:34:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-5990-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x8D, 0x32A242, 0x510004, 0xFFFFF68000007ED3)
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

On Sat 11/16/2013 4:34:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x8D, 0x32A242, 0x510004, 0xFFFFF68000007ED3)

On Sat 11/16/2013 1:17:55 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-5974-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF8000318D6DC, 0xFFFFF8800D19EDA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 11/15/2013 11:39:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-5896-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: e22w7x64.sys (0xFFFFF88007FD2FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0xFFFFF880216A6000, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF88007FD2FA0)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e22w7x64.sys
product: Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
company: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.
description: Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: e22w7x64.sys (Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Qualcomm Atheros, Inc.).
Google query: Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Fri 11/15/2013 9:11:57 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111513-6006-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x122F)
Bugcheck code: 0x10E (0x1F, 0xFFFFF8A00B6CA060, 0x0, 0x1EF5FA)
Error: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 11/15/2013 4:02:13 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111413-11497-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x5003, 0xFFFFF70001080000, 0x98D, 0x98F0000131E)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 9:37am
Well almost all of them say memory corruption, so make sure to run Memtest. If you have any sticks of RAM lying around, put those in and see if the problem persists. Also, make sure you have the latest drivers for all of your hardware. There's a program called Driver Sweeper I think that will get remaining pieces of the driver off the system if they were left behind during the uninstall. Only do this if you are rolling back.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 12:59pm
Thanks alot for the help guys. Sadly i passed out last night so i forgot to run a memtest.

If I am not able to remove one stick of ram to test them individually, I'm guessing running memtest with both sticks would still be able to tell me that they are corrupt, just not able to tell me which one i assume?

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 3:43pm
Yes it will tell you one, or both, are corrupt, but not which one. That's when you open the computer and test one at a time. Even if the first individual stick is corrupt, still put the second one in, just to be safe. Memtest can take awhile. My 16GB took 12 hours, so be prepared.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 4:23pm
Lol alright. Thanks for the input. I'm planning on running it tonight before i go to sleep anyways, since this is my only source of entertainment.

Any tips on how to run memtest anyways, since this will be my first time. I installed it on an usb that i had lying around. I'm assuming i boot it from the usb in the bios? Any tutorials would be helpful since the most i find are booting from disks.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 5:00pm
I put it on a disk and then just selected to boot from the disk in the BIOS, so it should be the same for the USB as long as you downloaded and followed the instructions for the bootable USB. http://www.memtest86.com/technical.htm - Here is the instructions.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 6:09pm
Alright, ill try to run that tonight, and i'll update with results in the morning. Hopefully it's either the ram or the os thats the problem since they would be a quick fix.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:07am

Alright guys, just finished up the tests of my memtest i ran all throughout last night. Seems like I do have some corrupt ram. Results can be found http://imgur.com/2Xj6Nkx - HERE
So what are my choices from here other than buying new ram, or shipping it all the way back and possibly waiting another month before they fix it and ship it back to me?

Posted By: kaptainkeel
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:24am
If you're confident enough in taking the back of your laptop off to get to the RAM, you could try each stick separately to see which one is the faulty one. If you can figure out that, you MIGHT be able to return just that stick to CPPC for a replacement, but I'm not sure of their policy on that with laptops. At least then you can still run your laptop with one stick of ram while waiting for the replacement. Other than that, there's not much you can do besides the two options you listed: Buying new memory which may or may not be the only problem, or shipping it back.

-------------
Core i7 4770K to be OCed | NZXT Phantom 630 | Z87X-OC
soon R9-290X to be OCed | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz to be OCed | 250GB Samsung 840 Pro
Cooler Master V1000 | Corsair H11

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 10:46am
I'm pretty confident with taking the ram off since I've done it multiple times, but I'm at away at University right now, so I have no tools to unscrew the back plates. As of right now im just sitting with both ram sticks in with no way of testing them individually unfortunately.

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 12:00pm
It would probably be better to just get two new sticks of RAM. There could be a chance both are corrupt, so you would need to replace them anyway. Even if one is corrupt, it's not good to be running two different types of RAM. With Black Friday, right around the corner, Newegg should have some good deals on RAM.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 1:31pm
Alright, Thanks alot Guys. Hopefully if I do end up buying new memory it should solve all of the issues. I'll keep it posted on what goes on with my process.

Does anyone know on the other hand whether or not the Fangbook hx6 runs 200 pin or 204 pin ram. Just so i order the correct one.
On that note to look back when i ordered they never had an option for me to choose a brand name, and now its offered for an additional $29. I would've spent the additional $29 in a heartbeat rather than spending an additional $100+ on two new sticks of ram...

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 1:32pm
And i know before you mentioned an os problem as well. Do you think it would be a smart idea to reformat and reinstall after i install the new ram?

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 4:09pm
No, just check one ting at a time. If after hanging the RAM the problem is still there, then reformat. But I don't know which type of RAM it uses. Is there anyone you can ask to borrow a screwdriver? I think you said you didn't have one.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 6:16pm
Hanging the ram? Did i happen to miss something in our conversation?

And Yeah, im trying to look around my residence, but noone has a small screwdriver. So I'm stuck waiting, Ill see if i can get it open soon so i can take a look inside.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 10:48am
Just got this BSOD again, i'm not quite sure whether or not its based off the ram or if it's just something else, but If anyone can tell me it would be appreciated.

On Mon 11/18/2013 6:46:39 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111813-6224-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x99, 0xFFFFF900C2E50B84, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.

On Mon 11/18/2013 6:46:39 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!memset+0x6486)
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x99, 0xFFFFF900C2E50B84, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 11:16am
Like I said, personally I'd just send it back for repairs after checking each stick individually.

-------------
soon R9-290X to be OCed | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz to be OCed | 250GB Samsung 840 Pro

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 12:08pm
I meant changing lol. But the ntoskrnl is in the OS so the only thing you could do by yourself is reinstall the OS. If you don't feel like doing that than just send it back. Just remember you have 30 days from the day it ships.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:00pm
30 days from when it left their warehouse? I'm going home in two weeks, and I was planning on testing the ram individually myself before i did anything. I was going to check to see whether or not it was the ram of possibly a motherboard problem. If it were to be a ram problem would I be able only to ship them that ram module to fix instead of the whole laptop itself?

Since i'm in no means of returning this laptop since once the issues get fixed out I believe I should be fine, but If I do have to send it in for repair I'm perfectly okay with that.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 2:39pm
No you can't just send the module back, it has to be the whole computer. And yes, I'm pretty sure it is from the day it leaves the warehouse.

-------------
CoolerMaster HAF 912
Intel i7-3820
Gigabyte G1.Assassin II
EVGA 660ti 2gb SC SLI
256gb OCZ Agility 4
16gb Kingston HyperX
1Tb WD Caviar Blue

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by PlaneGuy PlaneGuy wrote:

No you can't just send the module back, it has to be the whole computer. And yes, I'm pretty sure it is from the day it leaves the warehouse.

I've heard of them allowing you to send just the module back for desktops, and even sending out the replacement before the broken one arrives so long as they place a hold on your bank account. Not sure about laptops though. Best bet is to just call them and find out, but I don't think they'll do that since most of the laptops are simply rebranded.

-------------

Posted By: CyberHD
Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 3:43pm
For notebooks, I would recommend to send them in. Notebooks are much more fragile then desktops so you have a much higher risk of causing damage if you do not work on notebooks normally. However, if you are able to change the RAM on this notebook, just be very careful as physical damage will not be covered.

-------------
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2013 at 5:05pm
Okay so let me just clarify. If I am able to determine that it is only a single ram module causing this issue than I can only send that one in? Because that would make it alot easier since I would still be able to use the laptop for the time being.

But if its a problem that is worse I'm happy to send the whole laptop in for repair. I'm quite familiar with changing RAM in a notebook since I've done it a couple of times, but I've never opened up this laptop yet. I'll keep you guys updated but how would i get to sending in a single piece of RAM when I've figured out its faulty, or through whom?

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 5:29pm
I'm just going to post an update since I though it was necessary considering how well of a job they did.

So originally the plan was for me to send it back and to pay for an upgrade to a name brand RAM since it was a faulty ram module. However after they received it they promptly fixed it over the break and shipped it back out. The good thing was that their customer service kept me updated, and called me on a regular basis which was really nice especially when the laptop was shipped back out.

I've had the laptop for the past week now, no more problems. It seems like the issue has been fixed with no random BSOD's in the past week after doing my own stress tests.

Thanks CyberPowerPC. Will order from again!

Print Page | Close Window