Forum Name: Anti-virus
Forum Description: Anti-Virus Software - Ways to protect your computer
URL: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26098
Printed Date: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:53am

Topic: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Gaming PC
Posted By: aries2012
Subject: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Gaming PC
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 11:23am
i was wondering what the best antivirus would be for a gaming pc that doesnt use alot of resources and slows down the pc

Replies:
Posted By: Cyber_sales
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 3:59pm

Microsoft Security Essential would be my recommendation.

Posted By: Ttam
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 4:21pm
I also use microsoft security essential's and it works perfectly.

Posted By: MeaganShoults12
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 12:08am
I like ESET NOD32. 

Posted By: Ophaq
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 10:23pm
I like Avast! as it has a browser web rating add-on that is useful in addition to WOT. That way, you'll have two website rating add-ons (rated by large communities) that will tell you which websites are safe. Plus, you can combo this with Adblock Plus and prevent malware from advertisements.

Also, Avast! doesn't use any of your system's resources except when doing a scan (most antiviruses are like this).

Posted By: Rhyalus
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 5:30am
I use Avast as well....never had a problem.

R

-------------
i7-8700K / Gigabyte Aorus 5
Corsair H110i
16GB DDR4 RAM
3TB HDD
1TB WD Blue SSD
500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 8GB
Phantek Enthoo Pro

Posted By: jonnyboy
Date Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 6:55am
I'm with meagan. Eset is my choice and has been for years. Plus being able to easily use on other computers if I buy a new one like I just did last week. Of course it's not free, but any good anti-virus isn't. Can't wait for my new fangbook to come in ^^

-------------
An impossible task requires only a possibility not yet conceived.

Posted By: Spartan7
Date Posted: 31 May 2013 at 10:18pm
Personally I've had a great experience with Webroot Secure Anywhere. Uses almost no resources and requires no updating, its cloud antivirus, it is always up to date. Also, the entire package is about 1 megabyte. I also like Avast! as well.

Posted By: LeegsDeela
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 4:10am
I prefer Avast. It is smart software and give good protection to computer.

-------------

Time to work with those who have the best http://www.sbid.org/certifications - interior design qualifications .

Posted By: Numb
Date Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 2:15pm
I use AVG free for AV and Zonealarm free for firewall.I trust them on my pricey computer..

-------------
I5-3570k AsusSabertooth MB
2x His ICEQX2 7950Boost in Xfire 180 intel 330 SSD
8GBS Corsair Vengence 2133mhz
HyperX Ram Cooler
CM Storm Stryker
NZXT HUE case lights
Corsair AX850Pro 80 plus gold

Posted By: DrummerDude
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 4:56am
Avast is my choice, I would stay away from McAfee at all costs. Had this once on old machine, didnt like it one bit. But thats just me.

Posted By: kaptainkeel
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:55pm
I third Microsoft Security Essentials, along with the rare scan by Malwarebytes Antimalware. AVG used to be good, but eh... it kind of went downhill in my opinion. All of the premium/paid antivirus programs aren't good enough to warrant paying, unless it's for a business or something like that. Then, if you download a questionable file you could still always upload it to Virustotal.com which will scan it with 20+ different antivirus programs.

Posted By: MrPicklesAndTea
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 7:19am
Personally I'm a noob but I use Norton(You might want to use something else) and MalwareBytes(free). I tend to find that between the two the only viruses that get past are the kinds that will get past anything... No madder what I recommend MalwareBytes though, it has heavy duty virus scans.

Posted By: Davids back
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:37am
I use Northern Security 2013. That's probably the best program out there.

-------------
Watch Out

Posted By: modaga
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2013 at 5:31pm
ESET NOD 32

Posted By: Chaiiined
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:27am
I like Trend Micro

-------------
Eat.Sleep.Run.Game.Repeat

Posted By: MaxCreditPteLtd
Date Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 10:24pm
I will prefer Microsoft's security essential. I use this antivirus, and it does not interrupt to game. 

Posted By: kazuma
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 8:14am
avast and microsoft security essentials are probably the two best ones to do. They are both free and work well :)

I prefer avast over MSE but both should do good and I believe MSE has a higher rating.

Posted By: poppy
Date Posted: 15 May 2014 at 6:20am
I use Vipre. No add BS like the others give you and no fake viruses...

Posted By: James_S
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2014 at 11:43pm
I used to have NOD32, then switched to AVG but after another rebuild I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials and I am very satisfied. It doesn't slow the computer down too.

Posted By: rachelle
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 9:30pm
Hello

I am newbie for this forum site. I would like to suggest you Kaspersky and bit-defender antivirus for gaming pc or computer.  

Posted By: boyce
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 7:41am
The two most recommended free anti-virus programs recommended here now are Avira Anti-Virus Free and Avast Free

Posted By: boyce
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 7:44am
Here is the comparison best free antivirus http://bestantivirusforwindows.net/comparison-of-free-antivirus-software-for-windows-operating-systems/ - http://bestantivirusforwindows.net/comparison-of-free-antivirus-software-for-windows-operating-systems/

Posted By: maxy345
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 5:20am
Microsoft Security Essential is the best.....

Posted By: Bruce75
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 1:38am
I use GDATA Internet Security Suite.It is a dual antivirus suite,that uses the virus detection engines from avast and bitdefender.It is light on resources.

Posted By: rediornot
Date Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:06am
I use webroot, was recommended by my son who is currently active duty air force and works in the computer field and is a certified computer technician.

-------------
phanteks ethoo pro msi z170a m7 i5-6600k 4.38ghz 16gb gskill ram deepcool capt 240 cooler asus 1080 x 8 strix evga 750gq toshiba 480&240 ssd benq2765 gskill 780r keyboard&mouse [email protected] #142900

Posted By: NY gamer
Date Posted: 20 May 2015 at 6:43am
I prefer Avira.

-------------
Professional Reviewer, owner of many pc's

Posted By: fxgaming
Date Posted: 20 May 2015 at 7:03pm
Honestly use your brain and Malwarebytes. 

-------------
i7 [email protected] 4.7ghz
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Corsair 850w CSM
CyberPower Titan X100
ADATA 16GB DDR3 1866
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5.
128gbSSD + 1TBHD
Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooler

Posted By: NY gamer
Date Posted: 20 May 2015 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by fxgaming fxgaming wrote:

Honestly use your brain and Malwarebytes. 

No matter how intelligent a pc user is there are many out there smarter . Some of these people write malicious script to get their jollies. Everybody should have an antivirus program on their pc, and anti malware is also a good idea.

There are viruses out there that can steal all your info, destroy your hard drive, etc.

Malware is easy to get rid of, some viruses are much harder. And they do damage.

ALWAYS use an anti virus program. You need more then a brain, you need protection from many brains.

-------------
Professional Reviewer, owner of many pc's

Posted By: V.A.12
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 9:46am
I was always using free versions. First was Avira, then Avast, now AVG. 
AVG is the best.
But I find more and more important to have Malwarebytes. Dangerous viruses are rare for me, malware / adware more often guests. Things like famous wajam -  http://pcspywareshield.com/guides/superfish/" rel="nofollow - http://pcspywareshield.com/guides/wajam/
www.Malwarebytes.org" rel="nofollow - Malwarebytes is also free :)

Posted By: andrewstop
Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 8:20am
I think the best antivirus is Kaspersky, I use it for a long time, my computer is always clean, and safety
You can download and install kaspersky at: http://keykaspersky.com" rel="nofollow - https://keykaspersky.com

Posted By: rediornot
Date Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:46pm
The best anti virus for your computer is windows defender in windows 10 now. the other ones will drag your computer down.  i had bull guard and i thought that was good but everything it blocked had already been identified by windows defender and firewall. i tried avg a little while ago but my computer was running so slow it acted like i had a hdd instead of a ssd. cycling between pages. i kept the tuning program because you run that when you want it and it is not rooted deep in your operating system. once i removed the antivirus program my computer runs like brand new and i get windows alerts when something is not right. works for me.

-------------
phanteks ethoo pro msi z170a m7 i5-6600k 4.38ghz 16gb gskill ram deepcool capt 240 cooler asus 1080 x 8 strix evga 750gq toshiba 480&240 ssd benq2765 gskill 780r keyboard&mouse [email protected] #142900

Print Page | Close Window