Print Page | Close Window

Had my comp one month now...

Printed From: CyberPowerPC
Category: Feedback
Forum Name: Customer Feedback
Forum Description: Tell us of your purchasing experience.
URL: https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11931
Printed Date: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:18pm


Topic: Had my comp one month now...
Posted By: 70sGamer
Subject: Had my comp one month now...
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 2:20am

...and I couldn't be happier about it.

Go here for my initial experience of ordering and receiving
my comp.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11455

I'll re-post my build specs at the bottom.

Well, I have to say that I'm very happy with my comp. I primarily use it for video editing, graphics-intensive games, watching some TV and movies, general internet and e-mail usage, and my profession, writing.

I’ve used it every single day that I’ve had it. The only problem I’ve had is that on two occasions the mouse wasn’t recognized on start-up. I unplugged it, plugged it back in, and all was right again. Note even worth noting, really. I will add that it’s a Razer Naga MMOG 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse. Not exactly a typical mouse.

The highest temp I’ve seen while using it was 41c. It runs cool and quiet.
All movies / videos play perfectly. The monitor has a beautiful display for Blu-Ray and high quality H.264 MP4 video files that I’ve made for my PS3 and HDTV in the living room.

The Blu-Ray drive has worked perfectly in all ways.

The Sentry temp/fan display has worked perfectly.

The sound is incredible for on-board audio. I have it running through a 500 watt surround sound head unit.

The aforementioned mouse is VERY handy for gaming and any
application where you use a lot of macros. I’d imagine it would be a dream for someone who plays World of Warcraft, which I don’t, so I can’t say for sure.

The keyboard is nice. I like the back-lit keys and the ability to change the light to off, or 3 levels of brightness. I will say that I wouldn’t buy this keyboard if I’d have used it beforehand. It’s a very nice keyboard. The keys are crisp and snap nicely when I’m writing for long periods of time. But… The extension on the left side where the gaming controls are makes it too long. It just feels weird when I look down at it, like it’s sitting crooked or something. And, the additional gaming button section stretches your left hand further out away from the mouse and makes gaming uncomfortable to me. The extra gaming keys are more awkward than just using the keyboard, which is what I ended up doing. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the default keyboard offered and bought a nice back-lit keyboard with a traditional layout.

The UPS I bought with it has come into play on two occasions when the power went out. It was flawless both times.

That’s about all I can think of to report on. Any questions, fire away.

Have a great day all.

My Computer's Specs:

CAS: CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: LG WH10-LS30K 10X Internal Super Multi Blu-Ray Rewriter [+104] (Black
Color)
CD2: None
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1090T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport
Technology [+56]
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
[+15] (Green Color)
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
(Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard [+72]
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module
[+94] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display
w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+339]
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support
DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN,
Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge
for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
MOUSE: Razer Naga MMOG 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse [+64]
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI
Ready [+37]
SOFT1: Microsoft® Office® 2010 Home and Business (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook + OneNote) [+159]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
TEMP: NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum High Performance Fan Control, Clock, &
Temperature Display [+69]
TVRC: None
UPS1: OPTI-UPS ES1500C 1400VA/980W Uninterrupt Power Supply [+189]
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module + USB Bluetooth 2.X
EDR Dongle with Led Light Thumb Size [+29]
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+111]
(Major Brand Powered by AMD)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter
Network Card [+29]

 



-------------
-
CM 690 II Gaming Case
870A-UD3 Mobo - 8GB RAM
AMD 1090T Liquid
HIS HD 6870 1GB
1TB SATA-III
LG BluRay RE 10x
SteelSeries Keyboard
Razer Naga MMOG
Sceptre 27" 1080HD
Bluetooth
Win7 64bit



Replies:
Posted By: hunter2618
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:30am
change out that power supply to the corsair 750w asap cause yours probably wont last a month

-------------
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/


Posted By: Deividis
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:08am
Yea man you will start to see your system go if you keep that PSU in there....That PSU lowers the lifespan of a PC to about a year...if your that lucky. But nice to hear everything is good



-------------
Intel i5-760 Quad Core
4 Case Fans
AMD HD 6850
700w Cooler Master PSU
1.5 TB HDD
24'' Acer Monitor
(Upgrades Soon: Blu-Ray player, Ultra Media Card Reader, 120 GB SSD)


Posted By: zooman
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:05am
Originally posted by 70sGamer 70sGamer wrote:

...and I couldn't be happier about it.

Go here for my initial experience of ordering and receiving
my comp.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11455

I'll re-post my build specs at the bottom.

Well, I have to say that I'm very happy with my comp. I primarily use it for video editing, graphics-intensive games, watching some TV and movies, general internet and e-mail usage, and my profession, writing.

I’ve used it every single day that I’ve had it. The only problem I’ve had is that on two occasions the mouse wasn’t recognized on start-up. I unplugged it, plugged it back in, and all was right again. Note even worth noting, really. I will add that it’s a Razer Naga MMOG 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse. Not exactly a typical mouse.

The highest temp I’ve seen while using it was 41c. It runs cool and quiet.
All movies / videos play perfectly. The monitor has a beautiful display for Blu-Ray and high quality H.264 MP4 video files that I’ve made for my PS3 and HDTV in the living room.

The Blu-Ray drive has worked perfectly in all ways.

The Sentry temp/fan display has worked perfectly.

The sound is incredible for on-board audio. I have it running through a 500 watt surround sound head unit.

The aforementioned mouse is VERY handy for gaming and any
application where you use a lot of macros. I’d imagine it would be a dream for someone who plays World of Warcraft, which I don’t, so I can’t say for sure.

The keyboard is nice. I like the back-lit keys and the ability to change the light to off, or 3 levels of brightness. I will say that I wouldn’t buy this keyboard if I’d have used it beforehand. It’s a very nice keyboard. The keys are crisp and snap nicely when I’m writing for long periods of time. But… The extension on the left side where the gaming controls are makes it too long. It just feels weird when I look down at it, like it’s sitting crooked or something. And, the additional gaming button section stretches your left hand further out away from the mouse and makes gaming uncomfortable to me. The extra gaming keys are more awkward than just using the keyboard, which is what I ended up doing. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten the default keyboard offered and bought a nice back-lit keyboard with a traditional layout.

The UPS I bought with it has come into play on two occasions when the power went out. It was flawless both times.

That’s about all I can think of to report on. Any questions, fire away.

Have a great day all.

My Computer's Specs:

CAS: CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: LG WH10-LS30K 10X Internal Super Multi Blu-Ray Rewriter [+104] (Black
Color)
CD2: None
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1090T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport
Technology [+56]
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
[+15] (Green Color)
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan
(Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard [+72]
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module
[+94] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MONITOR: 27" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X270W-1080P LCD Display
w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI, & HDMI-Input [+339]
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support
DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN,
Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge
for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
MOUSE: Razer Naga MMOG 5600 DPI Gaming Mouse [+64]
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI
Ready [+37]
SOFT1: Microsoft® Office® 2010 Home and Business (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook + OneNote) [+159]
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
TEMP: NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum High Performance Fan Control, Clock, &
Temperature Display [+69]
TVRC: None
UPS1: OPTI-UPS ES1500C 1400VA/980W Uninterrupt Power Supply [+189]
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module + USB Bluetooth 2.X
EDR Dongle with Led Light Thumb Size [+29]
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+111]
(Major Brand Powered by AMD)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: Zonet ZEW1642S IEEE 802.11b/g/n 300Mbps PCI Wireless Adapter
Network Card [+29]

 

Thanks. As a (maybe)future customer this is encouraging news.


Posted By: Deividis
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:41am
zooman dont ever make a decision to buy from a company based on the forums lol Forums are mostly just to help with problems and you will find more people who complain then actually are happy because the people who are happy usually never are here because they are enjoying their new computer lol

To get the best reviews my friend go to resellerratings.com There you will find true reviews of this company and many more like it and you choose where you want to buy from



-------------
Intel i5-760 Quad Core
4 Case Fans
AMD HD 6850
700w Cooler Master PSU
1.5 TB HDD
24'' Acer Monitor
(Upgrades Soon: Blu-Ray player, Ultra Media Card Reader, 120 GB SSD)


Posted By: zooman
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Deividis Deividis wrote:

zooman dont ever make a decision to buy from a company based on the forums lol Forums are mostly just to help with problems and you will find more people who complain then actually are happy because the people who are happy usually never are here because they are enjoying their new computer lol

To get the best reviews my friend go to resellerratings.com There you will find true reviews of this company and many more like it and you choose where you want to buy from

Thanks for the reply. I have been reading those reviews. As I have said I'm a long time Dell customer. I have been a Dell community member since 2007. I totally understand peoples complaints. I myself have complained many times on there forums. All you have to do is read the forums about the alienware laptops to see how unhappy folks are. My questions will be answered with time here.
My biggest complaint with Dell is the proprietary parts and the lack of true updatability of there PCs.
I like cyberpowers configure.My thing is how the warranty works (the first few months)after that I'm good.


Posted By: 70sGamer
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by hunter2618 hunter2618 wrote:

change out that power supply to the corsair 750w asap cause yours probably wont last a month
 
Stop that! LOL
 
I'll get to it. If it melts, I'll post on my powerhouse EeePC and let you know so as not to cheat you out of the "I told you so." Wink
 
 


-------------
-
CM 690 II Gaming Case
870A-UD3 Mobo - 8GB RAM
AMD 1090T Liquid
HIS HD 6870 1GB
1TB SATA-III
LG BluRay RE 10x
SteelSeries Keyboard
Razer Naga MMOG
Sceptre 27" 1080HD
Bluetooth
Win7 64bit


Posted By: 70sGamer
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 10:23pm
@zooman
 
Glad the post gave you some peace of mind. Keep reading (like I did) and see if the deal seems right to you.
 
If you order from here, post and let us know how it goes and what kind of a machine you've got coming!


-------------
-
CM 690 II Gaming Case
870A-UD3 Mobo - 8GB RAM
AMD 1090T Liquid
HIS HD 6870 1GB
1TB SATA-III
LG BluRay RE 10x
SteelSeries Keyboard
Razer Naga MMOG
Sceptre 27" 1080HD
Bluetooth
Win7 64bit


Posted By: 70sGamer
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Deividis Deividis wrote:

Yea man you will start to see your system go if you keep that PSU in there....That PSU lowers the lifespan of a PC to about a year...if your that lucky. But nice to hear everything is good

 
Thanks. Fingers crossed. Wink
 


-------------
-
CM 690 II Gaming Case
870A-UD3 Mobo - 8GB RAM
AMD 1090T Liquid
HIS HD 6870 1GB
1TB SATA-III
LG BluRay RE 10x
SteelSeries Keyboard
Razer Naga MMOG
Sceptre 27" 1080HD
Bluetooth
Win7 64bit



Print Page | Close Window