Need Help? We're here for you.
Order online or Call (800)707-0393
Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Price increase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Price increase
    Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:12am
It seems all builds just went up $50 today. Just wanted to let everyone working on putting together a rig know. This seems to be happening more often, but I guess there's nothing we can do about it. Bummer!  Unhappy
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
Rhyalus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:19am
Was it based on RAM pricing?  It is so expensive these days...

R

i7-8700K / Gigabyte Aorus 5
Corsair H110i
16GB DDR4 RAM
3TB HDD
1TB WD Blue SSD
500GB Samsung 960 EVO M.2
GTX 1080 8GB
Phantek Enthoo Pro
gladirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gladirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:19am
GPU pricing seems to have gone up a lot as well.  That could be the cause of it.
bakes82 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bakes82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:10pm
Doubtful, its because they were running a 50$ off for the day so they increased builds by 50 so you could get 50 off :p
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:55am
May also be tied into the GPU availability. Currently (for any f you who have an AMD GPU) there have been reports of the latest driver update for AMD trashing out some GPU's. I also believe there may be a class action suit against them.

From what I can glean they bought out another company and attempted to put out drivers that can update both. Once installed your GPU is trashed. I know because my sons system was affected, he ended up doing research on this. We both are extremely familiar with what to do about GPU issues. We tried rolling back, clean driver install both ways. He spent 4 hours trying to get his system back up. Nothing worked. He ended up using integrated GPU and we ordered a new Nvidia 1070. When we ordered several were back ordered. Took us several days for a new shipment to get in. He slapped it in and he is back up.

Hopefully AMD comes up with a fix, otherwise we will be looking to join a class action when we find it. Try to see if there is possible work around by going into the GPU BIOS, possibly even flashing it. We found nothing when this happened for a work around yet.

So you AMD GPU owners, be very careful about updating to the latest GPU drivers.

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

SR300 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR300 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 8:48am
I've had no problems with latest driver's.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic