FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Power supply - testing for faulty power supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
hunter2618 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 4:46pm
lol salan
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/
subhematoma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subhematoma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Cyber_Tech Cyber_Tech wrote:

Metalman261,

Please PM me your customer ID and I will look into if you are still under our one year warranty. It is over a year from the Original Date of Purchase, you will need to contact AMD directly for replacement. You mentioned that AMD would not honor a CPU replacement above. Please include some details of your contact with AMD in your Private message to me and I will look into this further and see if we can help you out with our partner.

Well thats nice, thanks Metalman 261.
Cyber_Tech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2009 at 9:57am

Just a update on Metalman261.

Please if you need assistence you need to PRIVATE MESSAGE us with your customer id and contact information. We are at the ready to help, however, need your information to get this taken care of for you.
Regards Cyber_tech
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
Mudig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 11:16am
Today I turned on my computer and noticed that it didn't make the usual beep sound. The screen is black and nothing is happening. I've only had this computer since November, I don't know what is wrong with it. I looked inside and noticed that everything is running fine but the graphics card. The fan isn't spinning. As for the motherboard, I noticed that one of the lights aren't working. The blue light I believe, but the rest of the lights are on. At one point, I left the computer on for a long time and it finally worked, but then after a half an hour it stopped working again. Not sure what else to do, am I going to have to send it back to CP so they can figure out what's wrong?
Mudig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2009 at 12:44pm
I also ran this test and the power supply was running. So I don't know what the problem is. Could it be the motherboard? Sometimes the computer boots up fine and then screen goes black again, and sometimes it won't boot up at all.
Mudig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 12:08pm
NOBODY is helping me. I called and everytime they tell me that they are too busy to take my call. I'm pissed off, I payed over $3k for this computer and already it has stopped working? FOR NO REASON AT ALL?! Customer service here is very poor.
Mudig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mudig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 12:30pm
Nevermind I finally got through.
fragmag View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fragmag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by @power @power wrote:

This is a brief explanation on the infamous paper clip test that our tech support personnel will ask you to perform if your system doesn’t respond when attempting to power on or if your system powers on for a few seconds before shutting off. Please proceed with caution.
Seriously? You guys have an infamous test that you make the customer do? Does qc check this before they ship it out? Why is it infamous? How often do people have to troubleshoot pc's you guys send to them? Scary.
Cyber_Tech View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 8:39am
fragmag,

The test is conducted to help our tech over the phone determine the source of the problem our customer with power failures. We make every effort to ensure that we do not a simple problem that can be fixed over the phone and subject our customer with having to ship the system back for warranty service. 
Regards Cyber_tech
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
bharani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2009 at 8:54am
Hi All,

mine was a new PC purchased in january,it was a 1k range core i7 pc. it was great so far, but suddenly one morning it just didnt turn on. There is a samall bulb on the mother board that turns on when i turn it on but nothing else turns on. I tried the paper clip test and when I turn it on with paper clip the front light and fan turn on but nothing else. I am calling the tech support but we have been playing phone tag, they did call me back but then I wasnt there. Rest of the the time their phones are pretty busy for the time it is convenient for me. Any suggestions what could be the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic