FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Poor Customer Service / Technical Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tmoch View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poor Customer Service / Technical Support
    Posted: 07 Jan 2017 at 6:30pm
Poor Customer Service / Technical Support

Short synopsis (order product and received a wrong and defective product instead and forced to pay for shipping to return and replace the product with a lesser version for a $10.00 credit…)

I ordered a full build Desktop PC on Cyber Monday and received the product at the end of December. With the purchase of the PC on cyber Monday I was provided with free items of promotions. Included in these promotions was a CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting [Valued at $99.00]

When I received my product this item was however not included in the box and was instead replaced with the lower end model CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 Blue LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (KB-161-201) [Value unknown].

This was a mere inconvenience however the keyboard sent to me with my order was defective. The Left Shift Key was non-functioning. After troubleshooting the keyboard it was identified to be a defective product.

This then prompted me to contact CyberpowerPC’s customer service/technical support line. At this time I was provided an email RMA status and they offered me a $10.00 credit for the incorrectly shipped product however did not provide a resolution to the defective product. After another call through to customer service I was offered a replacement for the Blue LED keyboard to another Blue LED keyboard as long as I paid for the shipping to return the product to their warehouse. [$25.00 shipping cost from Canada to USA]. When inquired regarding the product I had originally ordered (CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting) I was informed that this product is sold out and end of production. This product however is still listed as a purchase promotion on the cyber power pc website today January 7th, 2017. Would this not be False Advertising?

Even thou I explained the whole situation including that they had not only sent me the wrong product but a defective product, they refused to cover shipping costs and refuse to offer me a comparable product to the one in which I originally ordered. This is one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had and feel defeated as a customer due to the process.

I am very disappointed with my experience with CYBERPOWERPC and would not recommend my friends or family to purchase from them in the future. Buyers beware, review customer service forums.

Edited by tmoch - 07 Jan 2017 at 8:48pm
Boomer19982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer19982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 8:05am
Accidental switching of the product during shipping is NOT false advertising. Plus if you look in the disclaimer it states clearly about errors in description and shipping errors. It's in the legal disclaimer you are supposed have read. If you would have done your due diligence you would have seen that we ALWAYS tell everyone to get the return insurance.

Also this a common practice will most direct shipping vendors. It's not just them.

I do agree their policies suck, but you also need to be responsible when you buy anything sight unseen.
tmoch View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 12:52pm
Thanks Boomer19982 for the response. 

I believe you may be confusing what I had implied by false advertising. I have done my due diligence now though and have reviewed what constitutes false advertising in the United States of America through consumer laws. 

"Deceptive advertising, also known as false advertising, refers to a manufacturer's use of confusing, misleading, or blatantly untrue statements when promoting a product.Advertising law will protect consumers from deceptive advertising through the enforcement of specific legislation"

This would in fact apply to the continued promotion of product: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Kontact Blue Switches and Programmable RGB LED Lighting [Valued at $99.00] 

This product is still advertised on https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ as a featured promotion. This product is however as described by customer service and technical support to be sold out or end of production. If this information is correct this in fact from the described law false advertising. (manufacturer's use of misleading or blatantly untrue statement when promoting a product; this applies to the promotion of a free keyboard in which they do not have in stock at this time or in the future). Which honestly makes me question if legal restitution is required to have my order fulfilled as per consumer law. 

I also wish to point out that my disappointment with this company comes from the fact that this company in fact shipped me the wrong product. I understand the warranty claim and the disclaimer with regards to shipping the product back. The coverage of shipping costs only applies to the computer itself within the first 30 days without the return insurance. I am expressing that this in fact is not a defective return insurance but a combination of incorrect product shipment with a defective product. This product is also a cyberpower product so this outlines a lack of support for their own products. 

Also by the infered "we" statement within your post I will assume you in fact work for cyberpower or perhaps it was a grammatical error; either way this process / practice is not shared by direct shipping vendors. If you firmly believe this I implore you to review the return disclaimer of that of Dell or HP. 

Also to purchase something sight unseen only applies to consumer to consumer sales so I am not sure why this is referenced here. Either CyberpowerPC is a company of reputable standards or they are not. At this point my position stands to not recommend or re purchase from this company again.
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2017 at 3:31pm
I'm wondering if OP got the $10 shipping insurance (warranty). This situation illustrates why you should, though I thought any initial ship-out defective parts (even freebies) would be replaced for free without a charge to ship them back to CP in the 1st 30 days for everyone. You would think they would Email a prepaid label. Not positive if this applies to Canada also, but I have never seen anything saying it doesn't either. I don't believe it's actually an error in descrip, there is an RGB multi-color Skorpion model, and a diff. single-color model also. If the RGB version was specified in the promo, OP should be entitled to it as a replacement, if it's still available. The thing is it was also defective, so I believe it s/b replaced for free, or a credit compensation as offered if it's not available. BTW, the listed value or the blue-only model was listed at $79 vs 99 for the RGB.

OP said CP claims the RGB model was discontinued. However, that mystifies me as it is a current promo w/ all new rigs. I guess it could be possible that CP wants to save their last quantity for new sales promos, but if that promo was on when OP purchased their rig, shouldn't they be entitled to a replacement with the same model also, as the 1 they received was defective? Also, I looked under "Gear Store" and the RGB model is still for sale (discounted for $49), and even tried putting it in my cart and it let me, so to me it seems like CP was giving this customer the runaround or a snow job when they claimed that model was sold out!

I am advising this customer to call back CP and politely ask for a supervisor if they won't help him out at 1st w/ free replacement, as I believe CP is in the wrong in this situation.

BTW I have had almost all good experiences w/ CP cust and tech service, except I actually got a wrong color keyboard also (funny that), but it was a much cheaper item I didn't even want. Came w/ a mouse that was crap. The color didn't match what was on the invoice. I got the ship insurance, but it seemed silly for either party to pay to ship a few lbs. item I didn't even want, so I asked for the cheapest item they have on here as compensation, a $3 mouse. I wish that 1 would have been included w/ my order, or either Skorpion kybd instead of the plain mouse/kybd set I received, but I missed that promo. They wouldn't even give me the $3 mouse as compensation for their error in shipping the wrong color set (mono-color, you selected which single color model you wanted), and a supervisor wouldn't authorize the item either. The invoice had the correct color but that was not what they shipped. Then I uttered a word to them I am not proud of, and told them after buying a $1600+ rig, and hoping to buy another after a # of yrs (my rig was fairly future-proof, but I found the best deals were here), I would think they could spare a $3 item (prolly cost them even less, CP basic mouse), and it was darn cheap of them not to compensate me. That is the ONLY problem I have ever had w/ CP, and I will most likely purchase from them again in a few yrs, unless someone happens to point me to another similar site that's cheaper w/ equal selection, support, and reliability. Though I doubt that would happen or I'd know about the place. I guess a new player could come along but not likely. I have also purchased from IBP way back and everything went smoothly also, I just ordered parts (CPU) that were not as reliable.

I would still recommend CP but you should call and ask questions, or ask here in the Forums, B4 you buy. It's been reported by some longer time regs here that they do suffer from QC and cust. serv. problems from time to time, but so do other companies. I am still happy w/ my experience here and will remain a customer. Smile

Edited by TECHLORD - 08 Jan 2017 at 11:35pm
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 5:15am
Although a valid concern, All this for a "freebie".

In no way should be charged for an RMA as long as you requested it"before" the first 30 days. CP has always had a 30 day free RMA for defective parts even if you did not order the $10.00 extra free 1 year shipping.

I would PM CyberHd and get him involved. He may well be able to assist. Something sounds off.

You bigger issue may well be what you ordered. I don't see that you asked any questions before you pulled the trigger. The membership always suggest that. FIrst to make sure you have a quality build, second to see if we can save you cash.

In this case for the $10.00 more warranty, you would not be having this issue. Second hopefully you don't have the standard "PSU" which is junk will provide uneven power and has fried systems.

If you want to help family and friends, tell them to do there research and ask questions first. Post what you want the system for and your maximum budget. CP has and always will have issues, some their fault, a lot customer errors. Reduce these issues by asking questions.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:17am
That freebie was a $100 item, an RGB programmable mech. keyboard w/ macro capability. I know what those go for. Yes, the list/selling price is prolly inflated. I wish I had received that item, but there was a lesser promo. There is 1 reg on here who loves his.
If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 12:17pm
If possible may you message me your order number as I would like to further look in to this matter.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com
Please email rma.status@cyberpowerpc.com for status checks on RMA or repairs.
14695 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 14695 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 12:36am
Would someone please look into my order. I placed a $2000 order in November and Im yet to receive my sons gaming chair I bought him for Christmas. Thank God at least I received the computer on Christmas Eve. Ive left messages for Carlo to call me. Last update was shipping out in December. U5RWP7 is my order number. Disappointed to say the least. Thank you,
Trent Conard
TypicallyWrecked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TypicallyWrecked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by 14695 14695 wrote:

Would someone please look into my order. I placed a $2000 order in November and I�m yet to receive my son�s gaming chair I bought him for Christmas. Thank God at least I received the computer on Christmas Eve. I�ve left messages for Carlo to call me. Last update was shipping out in December. U5RWP7 is my order number. Disappointed to say the least. Thank you,
Trent Conard

Ummm, if you're actually a real person and not a bot...you should open your own thread.

That said...you're telling me you ordered a system 2 months ago, and made 1 phone call to see why you didn't receive something? Wow. Um, leaving a message for someone to call you is not exactly what I would call too desperate/worried about your item. If someone didn't deliver a freaking gaming chair to me with my rig that I ordered, I'd be calling customer service / tech support 10 times a day every day until they gave me a tracking # for my item. You need to email them at techsupport@cyberpowerpc.com, then call them until you get someone on the line. Don't call "Carlo"...call everyone. Don't get off the phone until someone answers your question. You can be polite, but firm.

Edited by TypicallyWrecked - 21 Jan 2019 at 4:17pm
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
i9-9900K
Corsair H150i Pro
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2080 OC Edition
32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000Mhz
EVGA 850W Gold PSU
500GB SSD/3TB 7200RPM
32GB Optane
CNodd View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CNodd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 6:49pm
Good customer service would never require calling 10 times per day. Sadly, in my experience, CP offers terrible customer service.

It's nearly impossible for me to get through to them, between phone calls hanging on hold indefinitely, then not returning my phone calls when I'm forced to leave a message, emails not going through, and the only representative I could reach (via email, despite emailing every email address posted on CP's website) sat on his hands and would not lift a finger to find someone that could help me.

Now it seems my emails are, once again, going into the ether.

CP has been aware of these issues with their phone and email systems for weeks and yet no improvement and no outreach to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic