Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please help me know if this configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leviathan213 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leviathan213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me know if this configuration
    Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 3:46pm
Hi, I'm trying to buy a nice setup for my kid, and I would appreciate knowing if this is good...?

I'm sorry for not knowing the lingo Confused or what is pertinent.  I'm really trying.  He really wants to buy "Sunset Overdrive" and also have the capacity to make and share videos of his gameplay on various games.  

Thank you in advance to anyone who can weigh in and help me.

ˇ        BLUETOOTH: None

ˇ        CABLE: None

ˇ        CAS: CYBERPOWERPC X-Saber 620 ARGB Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Full-Size Tempered Glass Window [+25] (Black Color)

ˇ        CASUPGRADE: None

ˇ        CC: Avermedia GC551 Live Gamer EXTREME 2 (External) Capture and Broadcast Full HD gameplay [+228]

ˇ        CD: None

ˇ        COOLANT: None

ˇ        CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz [4.25GHz Turbo] Six-Core 19MB Cache 95W Processor [+64]

ˇ        CS_FAN: Default case fans

ˇ        ENGRAVING: None

ˇ        EVGA_POWER: None

ˇ        FA_HDD: None

ˇ        FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

ˇ        FLASHMEDIA: None

ˇ        FREEBIE_VC1: FREE NVIDIA Fortnite Bundle [+0]

ˇ        HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

ˇ        HDD2: None

ˇ        HEADSET: None

ˇ        IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

ˇ        KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard

ˇ        MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory [+97] (ADATA XPG Z1)

ˇ        MICROPHONE: None

ˇ        MONITOR: None

ˇ        MOPAD: None

ˇ        MOTHERBOARD: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, Gbt LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

ˇ        MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse

ˇ        NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

ˇ        NOISEREDUCE1: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]

ˇ        OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition)

ˇ        OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

ˇ        POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply [+1]

ˇ        PRO_WIRING: None

ˇ        PROJECTOR: None

ˇ        PROMOSALE1: CyberpowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse [+5]

ˇ        PROMOSALE2: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 GAMING HEADSET [+5]

ˇ        PROMOSALE3: CyberpowerPC Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]

ˇ        RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days

ˇ        SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)

ˇ        SLI_BRIDGE: None

ˇ        SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

ˇ        SPEAKERS: None

ˇ        USBHD: None

ˇ        USBX: None

ˇ        VIDEO: GeForceŽ GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+102] (Single Card)

ˇ        WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]

ˇ        WNC: None

ˇ        WTV: None

TypicallyWrecked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TypicallyWrecked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Sounds like a lucky kid. :) Alright, let's take a peek at your setup...

COOLING  -   You chose "Standard Case Fans" and are only using a 120mm CPU cooler. I'd double check that the case actually comes with adequate fans. If possible, upgrade to the 240mm CPU cooler, since the case supports it.

HARD DRIVE  -  You have a 1TB HDD (platter, spinner). You really should upgrade to an SSD combo drive setup at a minimum. It will help the computer load a lot faster, and will load games a lot faster as well. Something like this: 

ANTI-VIBRATION FAN MOUNTS - Unnecessary. If fans are "vibrating", replace them or screw them in...waste of money IMO.

POWER SUPPLY  -  I personally would go for at least 750W, just to be on the safe side, and to allow for upgrades in the future. 

CAPTURE DEVICE  -  I can't link external "competing" sites...but this is a huge waste of money. Avermedia and Elgato (both of whom CyberPowerPC offer) are competitors, but the general consensus is that Elgato has a bit more inclusivity, and wider selection of built in support. That said, if you want a streaming capture device, please just go to Google and search for it or contact me in a PM. That price...for an Avermedia GC551 is outrageous. 

Generally speaking, buy the computer from CyberPowerPC, but stay away from the accessories. You'll get convenience, sure...but it's easier to deal with companies that have a much more robust and well-rounded return/warranty policy. CyberPowerPC is GREAT for a custom built PC, but doing your research online for accessories is your best way to go.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask!! 
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
i9-9900K
Corsair H150i Pro
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2080 OC Edition
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA 850W Gold PSU
500GB SSD/3TB 7200RPM
32GB Intel Optane Memory
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:32am
If your shipping it get the ultra care packing plan to protect it form UPS.

Did you use checkout code spring0410 or NORUSH for 5% off the total.

For sure using the Ryzen CPU go with a 240mm sealed cooler, or large fan based one. A 120mm with a single fan is not much better than a standard fan cooler.

Yep, checking the specs on that case on CP's site. It lists 3 case fans all optional. Order 3 I owuld consider a different case that has built in dust filters. Like the  Phanteks ECLIPSE P400 . Or the Thermaltake View 27 black Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:40am
As TypicallyWrecked said, you should really consider an SSD for your main Windows drive. Traditional hard drives impact the performance of the PC way too much. People should really consider at least 250GB-500GB SSD's for Windows and a 1 or 2 TB HDD for their data. SSD's just make the user experience sooo much better.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:33pm
Am i missing something here? Why are you paying $228 for the Avermedia GC551 Live Gamer EXTREME 2? Pretty sure GEFORCE Experience that comes with your RTX 2070 does the same thing for free:

GEFORCE EXPERIENCE: Capture and share videos, screenshots, and livestreams with your friends

Avermedia GC551 Live Gamer EXTREME 2 (External) Capture and Broadcast Full HD gameplay

Anybody see a difference there? I never capture or livestream games but I'm not seeing a difference there? You can also livestream on Steam which your son will no doubt have installed anyway. I'd kill the Avermedia and use the money for upgrades like a bunch of fans. Preferably RGB for the cool factor. Your case is not going to come with those fans pictured. That case only allows for 4 fans. I'd be picking another case not enough airflow and no way to provide enough cooling.  I'd also be running a 240 mm cooler instead of the 120mm but where would you put it with that case? Supposedly on the front but that is not going to leave you a way to cool the inside of the case except for one exhaust fan on the back. You'll end up wasting a fan slot on the front too. Nowhere near enough cooling on the inside of the case. Even if the 120mm was adequate you'd still not have enough airflow cooling. The case has got to go. You'll have money left over from killing the Avermedia so I'd use some of it for a Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB as the hard drive. Add a bigger HDD later they're cheap now. I think a 650 watt PSU is fine. I've never needed even 600 watts for any rig. 600 watts is the lowest I'll go though. Only way I'd go higher than 650 watt is if I'm running a GTX 1080 Ti or above, You're not buying that. If fans are rattling it might be your case that is actually rattling due to the fans and not the fans themselves. Look for a checkout code for 5% off purchase if you qualify.

Edited by Notanymore - 11 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
TypicallyWrecked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TypicallyWrecked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Notanymore Notanymore wrote:

Am i missing something here? Why are you paying $228 for the Avermedia GC551 Live Gamer EXTREME 2? Pretty sure GEFORCE Experience that comes with your RTX 2070 does the same thing for free:

GEFORCE EXPERIENCE: Capture and share videos, screenshots, and livestreams with your friends

Avermedia GC551 Live Gamer EXTREME 2 (External) Capture and Broadcast Full HD gameplay

Anybody see a difference there? I never capture or livestream games but I'm not seeing a difference there? You can also livestream on Steam which your son will no doubt have installed anyway. I'd kill the Avermedia and use the money for upgrades like a bunch of fans. Preferably RGB for the cool factor. Your case is not going to come with those fans pictured. That case only allows for 4 fans. I'd be picking another case not enough airflow and no way to provide enough cooling.  I'd also be running a 240 mm cooler instead of the 120mm but where would you put it with that case? Supposedly on the front but that is not going to leave you a way to cool the inside of the case except for one exhaust fan on the back. You'll end up wasting a fan slot on the front too. Nowhere near enough cooling on the inside of the case. Even if the 120mm was adequate you'd still not have enough airflow cooling. The case has got to go. You'll have money left over from killing the Avermedia so I'd use some of it for a Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB as the hard drive. Add a bigger HDD later they're cheap now. I think a 650 watt PSU is fine. I've never needed even 600 watts for any rig. 600 watts is the lowest I'll go though. Only way I'd go higher than 650 watt is if I'm running a GTX 1080 Ti or above, You're not buying that. If fans are rattling it might be your case that is actually rattling due to the fans and not the fans themselves. Look for a checkout code for 5% off purchase if you qualify.

Good info Notanymore...the only thing I want to cover is the capture device. Like you mentioned, there are some situations that render the Elgato and Avermedia useless...but the basics are the following:

Most streamers/youtubers/etc (once they get big) will have a system that they game on, and then an older/2nd system that they will encode/upload with. I, like many others use Streamlabs OBS. This is the software that does all the encoding and has the ability to upload directly to the site (YouTube, Twitch, etc). Now in my case, I'm a simple guy and don't want to have a complex setup so I just use Streamlabs OBS on the same computer that I use to game. But a lot of people want to reserve all of their system resources for gaming, and not for encoding/uploading, so they will opt to use the Elgato/Avermedia to offload their video feed to a second computer, where they will then run Streamlabs OBS to encode/upload this export/inport video feed. 

You are right in the sense that if the individual is NOT using a second computer, then using an Avermedia or Elgato is really not going to help much, because the sole purpose of those devices is to take the feed from one device (PS, Xbox, PC, etc) and feed it to another device to upload. If you're gaming and uploading from the same computer, you don't need one of these devices. 

All that said, the reason you wouldn't want to use something like GeForce Experience or Steam's built in stream capability is 2 fold. 

1.) GeForce Experience is both a resource hog and a buggy piece of software. I, like many others, uninstall that as soon as I get my computer. Its capture/streaming capability (like the others mentioned) is barebones and doesn't have any useful customization options. If you don't want GeForce Experience, use DDU to fully uninstall the drivers, and then re-install JUST the driver...not the GeForce Experience app. It causes more harm than it's worth IMO. Just head over to the GeForce forums and read their take on it. 

2.) Standard built in stream/capture software like Windows Game Bar/Capture or Steam's built in capture software is barebones at best. Something dedicated like Streamlabs OBS allows you to do overlays, custom graphics, personalization galore, various "scenes" for if you're AFK / BRB / Offline, etc. For anyone wanting to stream on Twitch specifically, this is all very important. For people streaming to YouTube it may not be as important, as long as the software allows the direct stream capability, camera integration, and doesn't just capture the feed to upload later.  

Of course, all of these things are subjective and depend exclusively on the individual's desires/needs for streaming capabilities. So bottom line: 

You only need an Avermedia/Elgato capture device if you are offloading the video from one device and importing it into another device to render/encode/upload. If you don't need that functionality, there would be no reason to have one. 

Streamlabs OBS is 100% free and offers incredible customization and flexibility with regards to where you want to stream/upload to, and how you want to do it. There are tons of videos on YouTube as well on how to set it up and the best settings for uploading to the various sites that are out there.

Edited by TypicallyWrecked - 12 Jan 2019 at 12:23am
Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
i9-9900K
Corsair H150i Pro
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 2080 OC Edition
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz
EVGA 850W Gold PSU
500GB SSD/3TB 7200RPM
32GB Intel Optane Memory
Notanymore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notanymore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:15pm
Well thanks for clearing that up. Now I feel like I've just got to have one right this second. Just kidding...LOL! I looked at the various GEFORCE EXPERIENCE features last night. Looks like there is some customization. Have not had an interest in livestreaming but next time I game I'm going to give this a try just because I'm curious now. Thanks!
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 3:47am
 @Leviathan213....What budget are you working with? The members here can post builds for you to consider. To help you find the best configuration for your price point. 
Windows 10
Overclocked 3570K
570 LX cooling, push pull
Cooler Master HAF-XM case
750w Corsair TX PSU
16gb of 1866 Corsair Vengeance ram
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic