FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Please Help] Concern regarding new comp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
UnloadedShell View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnloadedShell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Please Help] Concern regarding new comp
    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 12:41am
This is my first gaming desktop purchase and what other ways than to head over to Bestbuy and buy a prebuilt (I kind of now regret that decision). I chose CyberPowerPC - Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 2TB HDD + 240GB SSD - Black

Specs are as follows
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 3700x processor 3.6ghz
16gb ballistic ram
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Graphics (ASrock?) 16gb (8151 mb vram and 8157 shared memory)
2TB Hard drive
240 GB SSD

Now I bought this computer thinking it would withstand most games thrown at it but I am not sure if its because the settings are limited and I haven't adjusted it yet to get the full potential of it or this computer is seriously lacking a lot and I am better off returning it. I tried to run GTA V and Fivem in particular. The FPS sits around 47-57 never reaches 60. I had the settings on ulta, then very high, then high, and still.. how LOW do I NEED TO GO?! This is a pricy computer to not be able to run GTA V on very high... c'mon now. I am not sure what to do or if I should play with the settings of the graphics card and tweak it for full optimization. Can anyone please advise? I am struggling to improve my FPS here and I am not sure what is the issue.

Edited by UnloadedShell - 26 Apr 2020 at 12:56am
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 4:52am
Your not trying to get 60 frames on a 4k monitor are you?

Most don't know this.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-9100F-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X/4054vs4043

I was shocked an I3 games better than the 3700X. 

Those Intel cores are just so much stronger at moving gaming data. Of course the 3700X beats the I3 at every other test , just not feeding a GPU.

Whats the world coming to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=xecCNB5vmrw&feature=emb_logo
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnloadedShell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 6:49am
No, I am not trying to get 60 frames on a 4k monitor. I have an LED QHD FreeSync Monitor. I am not even getting close to 105 on gta v.. this is frustrating. It also seems like all my games are somehow locked at 60fps if not below with a GPU around 60-70% never going up. Here is my benchmark 

Edited by UnloadedShell - 26 Apr 2020 at 6:55am
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 7:17am
Is this in a small form micro build? 
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnloadedShell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2020 at 6:55pm
No, it is a big unit.
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnloadedShell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 9:38am
Starting to regret buying this pc even more.. I thought I would get more help but honestly I am very disappointed with Cyberpower's support team online and on the phone. Yes, I understand a lot of people not working and maybe unable to answer the phone bcuz of whats going on in the world.. but cmon not even online? Not even the forums.. this is unbelieveable. Today, I discovered a new issue which is why I am posting here.. super weird sound coming out of the CPU cooling fan and this happened on its own just out of the blue. Also, my PC CPU runs at 100% as soon as I startup windows 10 and then it remains at that percentage until I open task manager to see whats causing this and it quickly jumps down making me unable to see whats overloading the CPU. This is a week old PC and I have nothing installed on it apart from few games from Steam. Nothing else...I've also included a video hopefully anyone that is able to help can pinpoint this issue and help me out here. I am losing my mind.

https://streamable.com/l7gzz2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic