FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PICS YES! Six month update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Arrowslinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arrowslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PICS YES! Six month update
    Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 11:25am
Wife just took delivery

First I am not a photographer

Second I know you can see a hair in one pic, I know ewwwww!

Third I know my floor is a bit messy

Fourth do not say anything about the PC on a wood floor, the case has 1/4 inch rubber feet Tongue

Fifth I decided not to wait and went ahead and replaced that tiny video card with my 5870 Clap

All in all I am happy with the machine one tube light got jostled around in shipment. The power cables could have been stored a little better but they were tie wrapped. The engraving could have been nicer but looks fine.

Enjoy the pics and my review is in the feedback section Smile  

Edited by Arrowslinger - 13 Jun 2012 at 11:07am
baseball8610 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baseball8610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 8:29pm
Hmm now show us whats in the box.
hunter2618 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2011 at 11:22am
nice looking pc!
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arrowslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 8:22am
5870 in!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 11:50am
hows she running for ya?
Paragon Backup & Recovery Free Edition   http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/             pc wattage calculator   http://www.antec.outervision.com/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arrowslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:22am
Originally posted by hunter2618 hunter2618 wrote:

hows she running for ya?

Fantastic!

I got it at 4.1Ghz intel burn test ran 20 passes and it never reached 68 Celsius No errors blue screens and my games run flawless   

I was a bit surprised I did not get a huge bump in fps with theHunter a game I play more than any. e8400 + 5870 I got 50 fps, with the i5 2500k + 5870 I did go up into the 80s fps. With that said I do notice the four cores vs two gives me a steady fps when moving around the maps. With the e8400 it would drop into the 30s and bounce back into the 50s. This setup is giving me a steady fps across the board.

I think I may pull the switch and go ahead and drop another 5870 in it   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter2618 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 3:37pm
FYI....newer video cards are coming out very soon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arrowslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:46am
Originally posted by hunter2618 hunter2618 wrote:

FYI....newer video cards are coming out very soon

Yea and in reviews even the 6970 will not give me a huge increase I think I will hold off, the price guesstimates of the 7 series scare me a little Wink
vegence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 11:23am
ewwww...hairy computer
FangTom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FangTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 6:32pm
Raidmax PS???????
Why
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code! - TD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic