Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Overclocking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
darkseeker View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overclocking
    Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 3:27pm
I just got a new cyberpowerpc and was wondering if I were to overclock would the warranty be voided? Thanks 
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:30am
No, it does not void warranty as long as it is not the cause of effect for something happening. If that makes sense.
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 5:17am
Post your full build specs if you will. Seeing this is your first post, the membership (if you checked on it) always suggests to post your max budget & what the system is for. Then the membership chimes in with suggestions for a solid build.

Often people buy off the shelf systems, these often come with "standard" PSU's which are not the best choice, you can avoid this when customizing a system. These can easily supply uneven power (ripples) which over the long run is very hard on components at the least, have a high failure rate and have fried systems. Open your case and if you have a Corsair, EVGA, Coolmaster, XFX, Thermaltake you should be OK.

As far as overclocking, it depends on which cpu you have. If you do OC and do not have the extra "tuning plan" CP offers and you fry the cpu your on your own. The tuning package allows a one time free replacement should you fry it.

The other common thing is generic RAM, not near as problematic, but can often be less quality. If you download "Memtest" which is free software you can run it and just make sure there are no errors. If not your fine. If so you can request an RMA to return it and CP will send out new RAM.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

antlerz22 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:17pm
Just built a desktop (my first desktop) all before were laptops. Anyhow I'm not too computer savvy but kinda like to try wade through the options and give it a whirl.
My forte is online gaming such as world of tanks, and am contemplating playing call of duty etc... type games- if they sound interesting etc.. My main concern is overheating as I have the ryzen7, 1700X and I've read where it has a tendency to run warm/hot and shut down. Also this build is overclocked  with a 120mm water cooled fan. Is that adequate for what I have or do I need to possibly add more fans? and with what I selected , are the components compatible to run smoothly without conflicts. I know I've already bought it etc..,,, but would appreciate any critique offered good or bad and what works or doesn't. Thanks

Tax Refund Special II

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1089]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: PPA 6FT HDMI to HDMI Male Black Cable 3-Pack [+15] (1 piece)
  • CAS: Thermaltake Core G21 Black Mid-Tower Gaming case w/ Both Side Tempered Glass Panels
  • CASUPGRADE: None
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz [3.8GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 16MB L3 Cache 95W Processor
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • ENGRAVING: Custom Message - Max 35 characters (including spaces) [+9] (Times New Roman Italic)
  • ENGRAVING_MSG: TRUMPS PRESIDENT SNOWFLAKES
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (AMD) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_MN: None
  • FREEBIE_WAP: None
  • HDD: 240GB ADATA ASU650SS-240GT-C SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 520/450 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 40/75k [+21] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)
  • MONITOR: 23.6" ASUS VP247QG 23.6inch 1920x1080 Full HD 1ms 75Hz Adaptive Sync/FreeSync� Eye Care Gaming Monitor [+153] (Single Monitor)
  • MOPAD: ROCKSOUL RSMP-00116 Gaming Mouse Pad [+9]
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming AM4 ATX W/ Intel LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+69]
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
  • SECURITY: None
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+1384)
  • _view_: {F2E32D3E-5AB7-4A4E-B5D4-E0C2A9407EA7}
  • _load_: 4/13/2018 12:27:25 PM
$1,384.00 � 1$1,384.00
Subtotal: $1,384.00
Sales Tax: N/A$0.00
Shipping UPS Ground: $125.00
Shipping Discount: $-125.00
Grand Total: $1,384.00

Edited by antlerz22 - 13 Apr 2018 at 6:28pm
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:07am
RYZEN GOES INTO MELTDOWN W/ JUST 120MM COOLING W/O AT LEAST *PUSH-PULL*  --  BUT BETTER YET, 240MM SEALED COOLING!!!!!!! You DARE try to OC and you will vaporize!!!!!!   Nuke

ALL cases, even w/ a popgun i3, need THREE or MORE case fans, yours comes w/ only ONE (SOMETIMES - if not left out) - you MUST add fans!!!!! And don't pay CP to OC anyway, THEY DO IT WRONG, simple to do yourself, FREE (WITH *PROPER* COOLING)!!

IF ALREADY ORDERED  **FLUSH THIS ORDER ASAP**  -- done after business hrs at CP in Cali, Fri Nite, no work done weekends - you'll lose nothing. AND ENGRAVED ITEMS CANNOT BE RETURNED   ** FOR ANY REASON, THINK VERY HARD, AND THINK TWICE, EVEN THREE TIMES **  -  FLUSH THIS DISASTER ORDER NOWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying Ryzen and ALL AMD CPU's run HOT is an UNDERSTATEMENT, it's like saying the SUN is SLIGHTLY WARM to the TOUCH!!!

I've seen 6' HDMI at NewEgg, $1.50 each!! (under $5 for THREE - and you got those OVERpriced Junkers in triplicate, prolly 99 cents on eBay, same rubber/conductors churned outta Asia by the billions, w/ 2 CENTS worth of materials (actually looked there recently and for 99 CENTS found ONLY TEN or FIFTEEN FOOT HDMI, couldn't even FIND the 6' they're SO CHEAP)!!!  --  So you just flushed 10 to 12 bucks there, i.e. paid FOUR HUNDRED PERCENT ABOVE what they'd be elsewhere!!!

P.O.S. kybd will die in a week, for the SAME $5 you get the RGB, MECHANICAL PROMO, $80 VALUE - DON'T BUY THAT *HUNK of JUNK* !!!

ALL PERIPHS GROSSLY OVERPRICED HERE - A MOUSEPAD IS A 2 CENTS CHUNK OF RUBBER CHURNED ON ASSEMBLY LINES - GET THAT CRAP FLUFF *ELSEWHERE* !!

You don't have spinner storage for files, 240GB NOT ENUF total sys storage space - so I HOPE you have/will buy elsewhere YOUR OWN ALREADY! If you order today, or CANCEL/REBOOT if already ordered, get a WD SSD, same 240GB size, FREE as the daily spec'l. (you need to buy a spinner here to get that tho, may be worth it)

NEVER A MONITOR HERE - ACER 24" 1080P ONLY **EIGHTY DOLLARS** at EGG -  **  HALF PRICE **  - TOTAL RIPOFF OVERpriced periphs strike again, geez, don't get these inflated fluff items here, try Egg or Amaz.

Get the ship warranty. 5% off w/ code SPRING0410 at chkout!

Didn't chk, but believe the GTX 1060 6GB was still on sale cheaper than RX 580, MORE VRAM, runs cooler (important w/ that SAUNA IN A BOX), and NVIDIA is the acknowledged industry leader OVER AMD!!

Edited by TECHLORD - 14 Apr 2018 at 7:19am

If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
antlerz22 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:26pm
Okay, I get the gist on periphery ie mousepad cable etc..
However I am dedicated to AMD, I've always been a fan of the underdog. So in that, what would you get to make the ryzen chip work with an extra margin of safety. IE... how many fans, what size, what manufacturer etc....
Also what exactly can I change in my order, will they allow a cancellation and let me redo an order---but do it where it will work without failing in the immediate future.
What I'm asking you is this, Im going to limit myself to $1500, but want to get the tax refund special offered. Go into the configure mode in that and you pick what you think needs to be tweaked or changed. I have until Monday 8:30am PST to talk to Leo who filled the order. So between now and then we can work this out hopefully. I'll check my emails frequently so we can respond hopefully in near real time thanks. If you want we can do this over the phone.
antlerz22 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:37pm

Heres a link to the build I worked up. Just scroll down the right side and it will eventually let one pick and choose options to configure.

Go through that and copy your build and paste in here and I'll go over it and when I call CyberPowerpc  Monday, I can see what my options are so far as cancelling and redoing what needs fixing. As I understand it they only allow one change---so cancelling would be my first move then a re-order. Does that sound doable with them to you? Thanks for your help.

Edited by antlerz22 - 14 Apr 2018 at 4:37pm
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:52pm
W/O looking gonna say get 240mm cooling like DeepCool, great on a budget, you'll get the 5 off code too. That gives you plenty headroom to OC as you please yourself. You can actually CNL like 3 OR 4X, it's been DONE here B4, DON'T worry!

Corsair AF120's are best case fans, (3 for $39) but you can try the basic 3 for $9 if tighter budgeted which are sometimes more prone to failure, but you WILL have 3 + 1 then, so may be worth a shot, up to you, I think you'll have enuf for the Corsairs though.

The 1060 was only $5 less, but I guess (I just prefer NVIDIA) the 4GB RX 580 will handle most games, as long as you add fans and a 240 to tame the CPU heat, the added AMD GPU heat won't be a problem at all it you prefer that. Just your 1st config as is was a Smoldering Bonfire in the making! The 580 actually also just went on spec'l so they're both like priced, B4 this, the 1060 was over $100 LESS than the 580, so I pointed that out to lower budgeted gamers.

I have 2 pending msg's so gonna click that link a little later prolly, since CP just closed anyway and you're not calling till Mon, but you can switch in the fans/cooling if you wanna see prices, if you didn't already pick something similar. You may have enuf for a pricier brand CPU cooler, but the DC 240EX is the best deal.

Edited by TECHLORD - 14 Apr 2018 at 6:02pm

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:59pm
If you must have an engraving, just get it Locally (even a monogram shop, could prolly even specify more exact placement if you bring the rig to a shop in Person rather than have CP do it). Only do this AFTER you've tested out the rig (CP's QC slips up at times), so you don't wipe your rtn privileges if you don't like the rig and want a full refund for something completely diff or just money back (may be restock fee if not defective, not sure). Not really likely, but I WOULDN'T risk getting an engraving here!

antlerz22 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antlerz22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 9:08pm
OKAY REDID MY ORDER, TOLD THEM TO CANCEL FIRST THING MONDAY BY 11:00AM MY TIME CST. IF NOT I WAS GOING TO CANCEL DIRECTLY AT THE BANK.
THEN I ORDERED THIS, HOPE I GOT THE PROBLEMS FIXED AND I JUST SQUEEKED BY USING THE PROMO CODE UNDER MY $1500 LIMIT.
HERES MY BUILD CRITIQUE THIS PLEASE, NOTE I CHANGED CHASSIS TO ACCOMODATE FANS ON TOP (2x120MM CORSAIRS WATER COOLED) PLUS 3 MORE CORSAIRS AS YOU SAID IN ADDITION TO THEIR 2 FANS INCLUDED. THATS SIX FANS IF THE WILL ALL FIT.
ALSO I WENT WITH A MECHANICAL HDD TO GET 1TB STORAGE INSTEAD OF 250MB SSD.
AND I STILL GOT THE MONITOR FROM THEM, AS I FIND IT REASONABLE CONSIDERING WHAT AVGAILABLE HERE VS ONLINE. I TIRE OF JUMPING AROUND ONLINE.

Tax Refund Special II

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1089]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CAS: Corsair Crystal Series® 460X ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front & Side tempered glass [+52]
  • CASUPGRADE: None
  • CC: None
  • CD: None
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: None
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz [3.8GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 16MB L3 Cache 95W Processor
  • CS_FAN: 3X Corsair AIR Series AF120 Performance Edition 120MM High Airflow Case Fans [+39]
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • EVGA_POWER: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: Corsair Hydro H100i V2 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate - Extreme Cooling Performance [+86] (2 x Standard 120MM Fans)
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_MN: None
  • FREEBIE_WAP: None
  • HDD: 3TB (3TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+18] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CyberpowerPC Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/2400MHz Dual Channel Memory (Performance Memory by Major Brands)
  • MONITOR: 23.6" ASUS VP247QG 23.6inch 1920x1080 Full HD 1ms 75Hz Adaptive Sync/FreeSync™ Eye Care Gaming Monitor [+153] (Single Monitor)
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming AM4 ATX W/ Intel LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 1 M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • MOUSE: CyberpowerPC Standard 4000 DPI with Weight System Optical Gaming Mouse
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply [+69]
  • PRO_WIRING: None
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
  • SECURITY: None
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Video Card [VR Ready] [+64] (Single Card)
  • VIVE_HEADSET: None
  • WARRANTY: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1 Year Parts WARRANTY
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • _PRICE: (+1570)
  • _view_: {B51665E6-4F09-4A36-8AB8-316D30E3434D}
  • _load_: 4/14/2018 7:35:01 PM
$1,570.00 × 1 $1,570.00
Coupon: SPRING0410 (5% Discount) $-78.50
Subtotal: $1,491.50
Sales Tax (N/A): $0.00
Shipping: (UPS Ground): $125.00