FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

Once and never again! Worst company ever!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mawadhi View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mawadhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Once and never again! Worst company ever!
    Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 2:22pm

My story has a good ending, just not with CyberpowerPC. I hope potential buyers will avoid my mistake of not reading the huge amount of negative experiences (including mine) before having to deal with this terrible company.

I purchased a $2,000+ Threadripper PC December last year. Ever since receiving it I've had stability issues; boot problems, random crashes, and BSODs. I tried extensive troubleshooting steps; clean Windows install, re-seating everything, driver reinstall, MemTest86, Prime95, FurMark, etc. I sent it for RMA on January which took close to a month, and they replaced the motherboard and RAM while I told them multiple times that I suspected the PSU, but they refused to listen... After the RMA I still experienced the same stability issues so I called tech support many times in the following months until they told me that they have to replace the motherboard again and that I have to pay for shipping the entire PC. I asked two personnel on the phone why they keep insisting that it's not the PSU, but they always dismiss me and act as know-it-alls... For anyone unfortunate enough to deal with support, be prepared to deal with rude and uncaring personnel. 

I decided to follow my hunch and replace the PSU myself and, lo and behold, the PC is finally stable after more than 8 months! I called customer service and asked if it's possible to refund the PSU or compensate me for my inconvenience. They said that the return window has passed and they can only exchange the same PSU, or I can ship the entire PC for another RMA, and that I have to pay for shipping! Talk about tone-deaf! That's terrible! Of course I won't pay more money for an extra useless PSU and there is no reason to RMA a stable PC! They were not willing to budge at all, not willing to accept their mistake, no shipping waiver, no store credit or promo, nothing... So I called Rosewill, the original PSU manufacturer, and explained my ordeal with CyberpowerPC. They told me that they were willing to refund the 8+ month old PSU for any PC part from Newegg (owner of Rosewill), no shipping cost, and no questions asked! Talk about amazing customer service! I'm so happy! As for CyberpowerPC, I will never deal with this scammy company again. I'm pretty sure happy customers here are just lucky that their PC passed this company's crappy quality control.

Edited by mawadhi - 05 Aug 2020 at 2:58pm
crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 3:34pm
How many watts did you have to upgrade to? 

Was this a custom order made here or a big box stores configuration to sell? 

I would never buy a Rosewill PSU. Its good to see they took care of you.

Components have warranties. All CP dose is charge you for taking care of it. You can bet they don't pay the same shipping costs we do! I would say maybe 1/3, and keep the rest. 

I tell people to just go ahead and get the return shipping warranty for $19 . And even more so for AMD products with slower support on drivers and bios. 
Cooler Master HAF-X case with 2 200mm fans
240mm liquid cooler with push pull fans
500gb Samsung 850 EVO
Overclocked I5, Samsung SSD, Corsair PSU, Sapphire Vega56
mawadhi View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mawadhi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by crawler crawler wrote:

How many watts did you have to upgrade to? 

Was this a custom order made here or a big box stores configuration to sell? 

I would never buy a Rosewill PSU. Its good to see they took care of you.

Components have warranties. All CP dose is charge you for taking care of it. You can bet they don't pay the same shipping costs we do! I would say maybe 1/3, and keep the rest. 

I tell people to just go ahead and get the return shipping warranty for $19 . And even more so for AMD products with slower support on drivers and bios. 

-Same watts, different brand.

-Custom order made here.

-Well at least they backed up their product with good service, unlike CyberpowerPC.

-That is, “if” they take care of it, which in my case they didn’t. Also, some components have worse warranty with them such as the CPU. So, you get the short end of the stick either way.

-As for myself, I would tell people to save their $19 and look for another company with actual post-purchase service, or self-build.

Edited by mawadhi - 05 Aug 2020 at 5:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic