FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Titan X option?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Destond View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Titan X option?
    Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 9:22am
Not seeing any option for Titan X cards. Any explanation? Thank you.
Boomer19982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer19982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 12:39pm
If I had to guess, it's because the Titan X pascal is going for more than $1300 starting, and that's if you can get one. You can get twin high end 1080s for less money and it out performs the Titan X. With the rarity and the sellers choice pricing it wouldn't pay to put it on the menu.
Destond View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Boomer19982 Boomer19982 wrote:

If I had to guess, it's because the Titan X pascal is going for more than $1300 starting, and that's if you can get one. You can get twin high end 1080s for less money and it out performs the Titan X. With the rarity and the sellers choice pricing it wouldn't pay to put it on the menu.

The articles and benchmarks that say 20-30% increase in performance are false? In what way would the 1080 out perform the Titan X without cherry picking and subjective opinion that it's stupid to buy one? 

I have no interest in "system bragging", but I'm also not concerned about paying 75% more (or whatever) for only 20% increase. I want the 20%, period. I'm also already planning on two Titan X's in SLI, so the "SLI to save money" angle is moot.

A simple "out of stock; not keeping up with demand" would be appreciated if that's the case. I actually don't know if it is or not which is why I'm asking. I'm in no rush, which is why I don't understand why they wouldn't at least have the option available to get in the queue for one, since the current culture is to "pre-order" games and movies before they're even released.

Edited by Destond - 19 Dec 2016 at 1:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic