Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No recovery disk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brokevillage View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokevillage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No recovery disk?
    Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 1:33pm
Just got my now 3rd Cyberpower PC, everything runs great and no problems.  However, I did not get a system restore disk and there was not a Windows sticker on the PC with a serial number.

If / when that SSD fails how do I go about putting windows back on the new HD without that disk? 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 5:22am
Hmm, 

If you bought the OS license it will be buried in the BIOS. CP has stopped putting license numbers on the case sticker a while back.

You can run a program to recover the license key for your future use. But unless the MOBO fries it will recovered through the BIOS.

On the recovery disk, I don't recall hearing CP stopped including one. I would E-mail support with your recent order number to see if they should have & missed it. We are seeing more and more CD drives are going away. So recovery options need to go towards USB sticks. You didn't happen to get a USB stick did you?

If they have stopped and you don't have a recovery disk, you can do like I have been for years now. Get another HD, install it or use and exterior dock. Use one of the many free or paid software to "clone" your C drive. This is better than a recovery disk. If something happens you can install the cloned drive in minutes and your back at 100%. Instead of hours getting things installed and then re-install your software. Then every few months re-clone to save any changes. It is a little work but will save hours if you need set your system back up.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic