FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

New Register Member (Revised)...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poppy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Register Member (Revised)...
    Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 7:55pm
Hello folks. Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm a middle age fella married with two little girls. Girls are 18 months apart so I'm not really looking forward to back to back homecomings, proms, college, then weddings. Family and I enjoy camping, jeep wheeling, hiking, surf, pond, and deep sea fishing. I am a 19 year veteran of a volunteer fire department firefighter/EMT. I am also currently a Captain and have been an officer for 8 years now. My other hobbies include just about anything old, tractors, history, small towns, and dinning out (not fancy). I also like firearms but I am not an armory. I also enjoy spending my private time on the PC searching the internet for my hobbies, playing games or watching stupid stuff on youtube. Family and I enjoy some tv time as well and watch shows like Duck Dynasty, Law and Order SUV, Vikings, Black Sails, Game of Thrones, and just about anything on the history or discovery channels. As you can see Wife and I do just about everything with our girls so we are a tight knit family. We have three pups. One yellow lab, one Jack Russel and a pug. Yes I know, weird mix. LOL

I am in the market for a new PC. I've never thought about building one or having one built. My current PC is an HP, AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core 3800+, 2.00 GHz. It has 3.37 GB of Ram. I am running a GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card. The computer is about 8 to 10 years old! I bought it from Best Buy as an open box item.

It has served it's purposed over the years. My younger brother is into computers and he told me he would build me a system about two years ago. However, he told me that the prices of the components have come down a lot that I wouldn't be saving much now. So I've finally put all my other hobbies (jeeps, boats, fire arms) on the back burner to try and upgrade my system. I have been having issues with my frame rate and games just running slow. My PC no longer accepts Windows updates so I fear it's only a matter of time before it goes down all together.

I have never been really into gaming on the internet. My first game I started out playing Star Trek Online. I forget how I found out about World of Tanks but I've been playing that for over a year now. I love changing the game play with mods but my computer doesn't like it too much. So I am force to remove them. My FPS is running from 30 to 7 during intense battles. For this reason I don't even attempt to try other online games out there.

I will be looking for my new system to be able to play online games without any issues with frame rates running on the best settings for game play. I don't do to much video downloads but I like youtube and I will start doing GoPro uploads. I don't really need components to help with that though. I don't plan to need a duel video card so that isn't an issue. I may have a 2nd monitor in the far future if that means anything. Mainly to do two things @ once. Like play an online game as well as surf the internet in between battles or other game plays. But from what I am told I should be able to do this with one video card. I would like to be able to add game mods without slowing down the PC as well.

Some of the games I play are Star Trek Online, World of Tanks. War Thunder. However, I would like to play other battle or online strategy games.

I looked @ a system @ Newegg, Ibuypower, and DS. I must say that I really don't know to much about the components other then what folks I play with tell me. I have been doing some research though. Just not really sure what I want. I posted the rest on another thread in the building sub-form.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post...

poppy

Edited by poppy - 22 Mar 2014 at 11:30pm
Cyber_sales View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_sales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2014 at 6:25pm
Welcome to the forum. Below is a configuration that you can take a look at. It will have the necessary power to run the games you mentioned.

Configuration URL: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1FYAXJ

*BASE_PRICE: [+1405]
BLUETOOTH: None
CAS: XFX TYPE01 High-Airflow Mid-Tower Gaming Case W/ USB 3.0 & Toolless Drive Bays [+52]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Default case fans
DOCKINGSTATION: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: * Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler w/ PWM fan - Efficient Cooling Performance [+4]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_VC: None
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
HEADSET: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Delta Gaming Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghosting & red backlight
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE X79-UP4 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 5, GblAN, 4 GEn3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 1 PCI
MOUSE: AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows 8.1 (64-bit Edition) + Office 365 FREE 30 Days Trial
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Corsair CX750 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply [+28]
RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 2 to 3 weeks
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+1489)
_view_: {A0EC2FAD-E8F2-43CC-A1BC-A15615DC49B0}
_load_: 3/24/2014 6:12:08 PM
vondes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 2:28am
If you are looking for entertainment, join a dating site, click here now. It does not mean you need to divorce your husband and look for a new partner. Most men are looking just for communication actually. And some flirting will add more joy to your life. I think such interaction is beneficial for everyone. I have a few pen pals on such sites too. And it is fun. Try it!

Edited by vondes - 16 Aug 2020 at 12:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic