Live chat with a representative
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New PC wonít turn on...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tjm13 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjm13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PC wonít turn on...
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 6:35pm
I purchased my first Cyberpower pc in April 2018. First I just want to rant for a second and say I didnít hear anything about my order for over a month. Besides that, I ended up reviving my new PC at the end of May 2018.

Now on to the questions. My PC was running perfectly for the month that I have had it so far but out of no where,; one day it stopped working. Nothing touched/knocked the inside of the PC and the lights on my MOBO are still shining but when I go to push the power button. The front of my system flashes for a quick second and then does nothing. Almost like it is shorting out. Once it ďshorts outĒ, I can press the button as many times as I want an not a single light will flicker on the front of my case.

I have tried to speak with Cyberpower reps about my issue but they have been little to no help to me.

Any ideas would be great.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 5:19am
First post your full build specs.

First look at your PSU. Hopefully you don't have the "standard" one. These are noted for being a problem.

Look on the support page and try the "paper clip test" to see is the PSU is OK.

Make sure all components are seated and plugged in.

Does sound like a PSU or possibly switch.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:06am
If you need help DM me and I will troubleshoot the issue for you. It sounds like the power supply might be the issue. 
Regards, Cyber_Tech2

Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.

Email:[email protected]

Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic