FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Login Login

New PC Review - Fairly Detailed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjbcl1 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjbcl1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PC Review - Fairly Detailed
    Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 11:03am

Like many of you on this forum, I was hesitant to purchase a Cyberpower PC due to some of the bad reviews. There were good reviews, but it always seemed the bad reviews were especially horrid. As a background, I have built PC’s before (but its been a very long time) and the last PC I purchased was a custom, but it was from another company and I was never impressed with the build. I was going from a FX Processor with a basic motherboard, and my OS drive had failed along with issues I was having with the processor. I overclocked it the last 4-5 years, and it finally started giving all kinds of odd issues. I finally did decide to order a PC from Cyberpower. Below is the order I finally submitted

·         *BASE_PRICE: [+1795]

·         CABLE: None

·         CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]

·         CAS: [SUMMIT1G EDITION] LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Mid-Tower Dual chamber Gaming Case w/ USB 3.1 Type-C, Tempered glass on the front & side [+59]

·         CC: None

·         CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 3.1GHz [4.3GHz Turbo] 12 Cores/ 24 Threads 70MB Cache 65W Processor [-180]

·         CS_FAN: Default case fans

·         ENGRAVING: None

·         EVGA_POWER: None

·         FAN: CyberPowerPC DEEPCOOL Castle 360EX ARGB 360mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate [+40] (3 x Standard 120MM Fans)

·         FREEBIE_SSD: 480GB WD Green SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD

·         HDD: 1TB Seagate® FireCuda® 520 (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 760/700k [+187] (Single Drive)

·         HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) Seagate SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 256MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+69] (Single Drive)

·         HEADSET: None

·         IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

·         KEYBOARD: None [-5]

·         MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory [+30] (Team T-Force Delta RGB [+45])

·         MICROPHONE: None

·         MONITOR: None

·         MOPAD: None

·         MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK X570 TAICHI ATX w/ WiFi 6, RGB, Intel LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 8 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [+139]

·         MOUSE: None [-3]

·         NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network

·         OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking

·         POWERSUPPLY: 750 Watts - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply [+72]

·         PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring + [Red] Phanteks Premium Extension Cables sleeved set [24Pin MB + 8Pin CPU + 6+2 Pin VGA] [+39]

·         PROMOSALE1: CyberPowerPC FPS Gaming Mouse Pad [+0]

·         RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 3 to 4 Weeks

·         SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)

·         SLI_BRIDGE: None

·         SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

·         SPEAKERS: None

·         USBHD: None

·         USBX: None

·         VIDEO: AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB GDDR5 Video Card [-267] (Single Card)

·         WARRANTY: PREMIUM WARRANTY: Standard 1 Year Parts WARRANTY + ONE (1) YEAR SHIPPING [+19]

·         WNC: None

·         WTV: None

This was my third order. I had cancelled two previous order because I requested too many changes. I was aware of the policy but just couldn’t make up my mind and kept upgrading my wants/desires lol. Even this final order is not completely correct. The Thermaltake was replaced with an Enermax 850w because I thought I might want to overclock in the future. The video card was just a placeholder as I had already purchased one for this build. In fact, I was going to do a bunch of upgrades when the computer arrived, and they were as follows…

1)      Asrock x5700x Taichi OC+

2)      X6 Deepcool ARGB CF120

3)      Samsung Evo SSD

4)      Various Splitters for ARGB and PWM

5)      Black/Red Linkup Extensions (didn’t want to delay the order yet again so left the ones on)

About a week before the PC was supposed to ship, I received notification from Cyberpower (Willis) that my Taich x570 was back ordered. I was trying to do an almost total Taichi build and the back order would delay the shipment. OR I could see if a replacement board could be agreed upon. I decided to switch to the Gigabyte Aorus Master x570 if they would do it for no added cost. That board is more board then I need, but VRM/Thermals are better, and even though it has a chipset fan it can be set to silent so you can barely hear it. Willis agreed and the build progressed. My son ended up buying the Tainchi 5700xt I had, and I picked up a Gigabyte Aorus 5700xt. It took 1 month give or take from the day I ordered until the PC shipped. I had assumed it would take that long, so it was no surprise.

The PC arrived yesterday, and I immediately tore it apart lol, replacing everything I had purchased.) It was during this I noticed a few things.

1)      The front panel USBc cable was not connected to the motherboard. In fact, the cable was buried in all the power supply cables on the other side of the case. I suppose it could have come loose during shipment, but I know the connector is very tight on those.

2)      The Firecuda M.2 was installed without the heatsink. This drive doesn’t come with a heatsink, so I was surprised to see it without it. Luckily and ironically, it was in the motherboard box they sent with all the extra cables, screws etc. It’s easy to put on which I did but had me scratching my head on why it was missed.

3)      This is personal preference, but the AIO pump was connected to the CPU fan, and the fans were directly connected to the power supply via some cable adapters. I had this on my last PC, unfortunately the fans at 100% all the time (loud but cool) This motherboard has hybrid PWM headers, and had one for the pump so I was able to set it not only to 100%, but it will notify me if it fails; actually same with all the fans. Three fans were connected via PWM splitter to the CPU fan head, and the other three fans to system headers.

4)      It seemed they just through in the extensions with one comb on each one and not neat. Now that’s being pretty picky and because of was replacing them anyways, it all worked out.

After installation of all the items, I fired up the PC to find all the drives in the PC from Cyberpower being recognized and ready to use, Windows only needed about 5 updates and most of the other drivers were close enough that I decided not to upgrade them until I had some issues. (I don’t do the whole beta driver thing)

Here are some pics of the rig. Please note that the red SATA cables and ARGB cables that look messy are all me! I must straighten those up tonight after I’m sure everything is solid. I did run Furmark, Memtest, Aida64 and even Sandra (I love all the geeky information) The only item that got close to hot was the video card junction temp, but that is known on a 5700xt to get very hot when stress testing. The chipset temp was never very high and I’m comfortable with the temps as others have seen those temps. Now I have it purring on my curved 34” display with all setting as high as they will go (not a 4k Monitor, so I’m running 1080p at 100hz) Not a problem so far, unless you count the corrupt driver I downloaded that froze Windows lol…luckily a roll back fixed that.

https://imgur.com/a/inyJ0sM

I wanted to leave a very detailed review due to the bad reviews. Willis was professional and super helpful in the buying process. While I would hope I don’t need another computer in the near term, I know where Ill get it based on this experience. If anyone has questions, reply and Ill do my best to answer. Ill also upload additional pics if there is something you want to see specifically.

Musti View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Musti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:24am
Hey mjbcl1, I'm trying to build a new pc and you seem like you know what you're doing. Would it be ok if I emailed you the specs I was thinking about and you could give me a few pointers if I have everything right? I'd really appreciate any guidance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic