FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New PC, need Windows 8.1 Product Key

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HardTrance9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardTrance9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New PC, need Windows 8.1 Product Key
    Posted: 25 Oct 2014 at 3:24am
Hi,

Got my new PC, Black Pearl..

On the back there is small squared sticker "Windows 8"
but didn't get any Windows 8.1 (digital license) product key or can't see it anyware, nor was sent to me via email.

Could you help me with this?

I got the Windows 8.1 DVD but if I load it, looks like it wants to reinstall Windows 8.1 again? The DVD has no Key either.

Many thanks.

Here is the info. I have.

SO#: 00453116   Cust#: T9TEC2
CyberHD View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 9:29am
You shouldn't need the key. Is Windows asking you for the key? If you have a digital license it automatically pulls the license info for you to allow Windows Activation. If yours won't activate and is asking for the key, please contact tech support at 888/900-5180 or [email protected]
Regards, CyberHD
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
yecalbor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yecalbor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 11:23am
I am having the same issue. Periodically I get a green screen from windows requesting activation of Windows 8.1. Like the above poster I don't have the product key on my laptop, or emailed to me, nor is it on the Windows CD.

SO# 00453115 I will send an email to tech support.
HardTrance9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HardTrance9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by CyberHD CyberHD wrote:

You shouldn't need the key. Is Windows asking you for the key? If you have a digital license it automatically pulls the license info for you to allow Windows Activation. If yours won't activate and is asking for the key, please contact tech support at 888/900-5180 or [email protected]

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

No I am not being asked for the key.The system works ok but when I tried to install the "ADD FEATURES", it will then ask me for the Product Key.

Maybe I am wrong I do not need the key for ADDING this features as I may have an additional cost.

Thanks for your help.
nikisa31 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikisa31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 3:42am
To retrieve Windows 8.1 product key, you may check out if SmartKey Product Key Recovery can help.
protomik View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protomik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 12:55am
Quote To retrieve windows 8.1 passwordyou may check out if SmartKey Product Key Recovery can help.

It can't find the key, lol

Edited by protomik - 05 Jun 2016 at 8:05pm
Jeenies View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeenies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 12:12am
Quote  I am having the same issue. Periodically I get a green screen from windows requesting activation of Windows 8.1. Like the above poster I don't have the product key on my laptop, or emailed to me, nor is it on the Windows CD. 

You can try some software like product finder to find back your forgotten key.
Boomer19982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer19982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 1:42am
There is a way to get it via the command prompt. Be sure your running it with admin rights. Make sure you are at the c prompt it should read
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Type in
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

This should work on Windows 10 and 8.1.
Write down your key. It should be 25 characters long.
If this does not work or you somehow got it loaded up without putting one in. Have a tech savvy buddy who is comfortable looking in the registry. If it is not there, AND it is not sitting in your BIOS, and you lost or cannot locate the sticker or card that has the key. Then there is no EULA approved way of activating Windows.
NEVER SHARE YOUR PRODUCT KEY!! Even when you call Microsoft the will never ask for it nor allow you to tell them.

Edited by Boomer19982 - 28 Jul 2016 at 5:54am
Jeenies View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeenies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Jeenies Jeenies wrote:

Quote  I am having the same issue. Periodically I get a green screen from windows requesting activation of Windows 8.1. Like the above poster I don't have the product key on my laptop, or emailed to me, nor is it on the Windows CD. 

You can try some software like product finder to find back your forgotten key

Also you can contact your suppler to give you a key.

Edited by Jeenies - 28 Jul 2016 at 7:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic