FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Laptops Purchased

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Laptops Purchased
    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 6:08am
Good Morning! I recently purchased two laptops, one for myself and one for my wife. We game a lot and since my Lenovo Y510 died not to long ago I wanted a new one and she wanted an upgrade. After having tons of issues just trying to purchase again from Lenovo we heard from some friends that use Cyberpower that they were extremely satisfied with their purchase so we decided to give it a shot. So here is what we both selected:

Spring Gaming Tracer II 15 VR

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1049]
  • ADAPTER: Power Adapter 150W
  • BAGS: None
  • BATTERY: Battery Li-ion 6 cell, 10.8V/4400mAH
  • BLUETOOTH: Built-in Bluetooth
  • CABLE: None
  • CC: None
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz Turbo 3.8GHz 6MB Cache Processor (KabyLake)
  • FLASHMEDIA: Built-in 2-in-1 Card Reader
  • FREEBIE_CU: None
  • HD_M2SSD: 240GB WD Green Series M.2 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 540/460 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 37/68k [+62] (Single Drive)
  • HDD: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive (Single Drive)
  • HEADSET: None
  • KEYBOARD: Fully Programmable RGB Gaming Keyboard
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/2133MHz SODIMM Memory (G.SKILL [+30])
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: Intel® HM175 Express Chipset
  • MOUSE: Clickpad 98x60, PS2 support
  • NETWORK: Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000
  • NOTEBOOK: 15.6" FHD IPS (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare Displays LCD w/ RGB Gaming Keyboard, HDMI 1.4, Display Port & USB 3.1 Type C
  • NOTEBOOK_COVER: TRACER II 15 Cover
  • RUSH: Standard processing time: ship within 12 to 15 Business Days
  • SECURITY: None
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 1-Year Limited WARRANTY and Life-Time Technical Support
  • SOUND: Built-in HD audio
  • SPEAKERS: Built-in 2 Speakers
  • USB: Built-in 2x USB 2.0, 1x Type-C USB 3.1
  • USBHD: None
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (NB-408-107)
  • VIDEOCAMERA1: Built-in FHD Video Camera [+0]
  • WNC: Intel® Dual Band Wireless 8265 AGN + Bluetooth V4.2
  • WTV: None

We ordered on Saturday, and the status states that the order is received, I hope all goes well and will try to update as it changes. 

Thanks, 
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:08am
Post update, just got an email that my order has been received and that they are beginning to process it. 
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:10am
Post update, order is now in progress!!! Have an expected ship date of 4.26.18.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 5:34am
My son had a CP laptop a few years ago and didn't have any issues with it. Just be aware CP buys & then re-brands Laptops. One reason you don't have as many variables.

His lasted several years, a keyboard went out and of course the battery weakened. Next time we found a better deal and he more or less uses an I-pad now and his desktop for gaming.

If your gaming for any period you will need to plug in since the battery will draw down fast running the GPU. Although not as fast as older Laptops.

Here is a good list to use when first firing it up. You want to make sure is there is an issue you find it before the free RMA runs out.

Take plenty of pictures before during & after the unboxing in case there is damage.

Connect to internet only.

Fire it up, finish OS install, GPU drivers & MOBO drivers. Register the OS.

Download Speed Fan or HWI monitor and run during all tests to monitor temps. 
All the programs listed are free, make sure you download directly from their site
or at someplace like Major Geeks.

Download and create a bootable flash drive or CD of Memtest. Run it to verify your RAM has no errors. 
A bad sector or 2 can cause all sorts of weird issues. If it passes move on. If not find the bad stick 
and temporarily remove it.

Download and run Intel Burn In on standard, for a general stress test.

Download and run Furmark to stress the GPU.

If all is well update the OS and drivers.

Install your most used programs. 

I like to clone the C drive to another HD and put it aside. If something happens and you need to start over, you just clone back and you down saves a ton of time.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 6:21am
I had an idea that is what they did. We always keep them plugged in when gaming, kinda a no brainer, lol. I also plan on investing in decent laptop coolers to help keep them cool as well. 

I have seen your post on unpacking and startup, plan on following that specifically to make sure that there are no issues. In my previous laptop my motherboard died so I have the HDD from it, and I have the wife's current HDD as well, so plan on moving main programs, games over. Will save the dives for later so that nothing is lost. 

Really looking forward to a new laptop, hoping all goes well! I plan on keeping this updated as we go a long. 

Thanks!
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018 at 10:10am
Post update: Card has been charged as of 4.9.18, no status change yet: 
Order status details:
Sales post date:4/9/2018Expected ship date:4/26/2018
Warehouse date:4/9/2018Assembly date:-
Quality Control date:-Final Quality Control date:-
Shipping date:-Tracking#:-

Still super excited! Have watched a few review videos, looking forward to this!!

Edited by a11ast3r - 12 Apr 2018 at 10:11am
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2018 at 6:45am
So post update, no changes on my account page, but the expected ship date is in 10 days, so I totally expect to see some changes come this week and next. We are extremely excited to get back to gaming together! 
a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 6:35am
Well, its Wednesday, no changes. Down to 6 days till the ship date, really hoping that they make the date. I have been religiously checking our order pages daily in anticipation of it changing. Fingers crossed. At least God of War drops Friday and I will be able to devote the next week to it. 
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:26am
CP is bad about updating the status. You may get the UPS tracking number before CP updates.

Getting nervous drop sales a line with your customer number and ask.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

a11ast3r View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a11ast3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 12:05pm
Thanks Gan, I might do that and see. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic