FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New HDD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lanceth102 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lanceth102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New HDD
    Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 7:11pm
So my 2 month old Cyber power Gaming PC's HDD has failed and has taken everything along with it. The computer was shipped with a Windows 10 CD but there is no cd key in the CD pouch and there is no CD KEY STICKER on the computer case as there was on my previous Cyberpower PCs. 

Now my questions is when i put a new HDD in this computer will i need a CD Key to install windows 10? What the hell do i do ??
TECHLORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TECHLORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 11:15pm
I believe the key is stored on the MotherBoard, and you do not need to enter it when you install the new HD. And call CP, it is under warranty, and they'll ship you a replacement drive in exchange for that 1 if you want, even if you wanna get back up and running quickly and buy your own you'll have a spare as all CP Hd'ware has a 1 yr warranty, including their models from Best Buy, Amazon, etc. Sorry to hear you main drive died.  Cry

If it doesn't Light Up, Turn On, or Plug In, I don't want it!

You kill a few people, and they call you a Murderer! Kill a few MILLION, and you're a Conqueror. Go Figure!!
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 5:02am
The Key is in the BIOS.

Your should be able to RMA your old drive and have CP send you one. What type, brand and size? If a generic drive you may want to get a name brand.

This always sucks and no one would expect to have such a new drive fail. Are you sure it did fail. Is virus, etc. possible?

This is the exact reason in my " first boot list" I bring up cloning your C drive. Or at least back it up. Hind sight is magic.

Had you cloned it, it would have taken you about 10 minutes to get back up and fully functional. Learn form this and get an extra drive. Once you up with all Windows updates, programs installed, updates in place clone your drive, then verify it works. Finally unplug it. Every couple of months if nothing happens "re-clone" the C drive. It is a little work compared to what you have to do now.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

mikejl46 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikejl46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:34am
What would be the best easy way to clone your drive? Does Windows have something where you can clone the drive, or is some other software needed?

Edited by mikejl46 - 21 Aug 2018 at 9:34am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by mikejl46 mikejl46 wrote:

What would be the best easy way to clone your drive? Does Windows have something where you can clone the drive, or is some other software needed?

Good idea to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone else.

Many free programs to do so. GOOGLE it.
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

mikejl46 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikejl46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:53am
Sorry, didn't mean to piss anyone off. You're the one that mentioned clone, so my reply is related. Relax, no biggie, right?

Edited by mikejl46 - 21 Aug 2018 at 11:06am
Cyber_Tech2 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyber_Tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 9:22am
IF you need any help please contact me through DM's and I will be more than happy to help resolve your problem. 
Regards, Cyber_Tech2
Tech Support 888-900-5180/877-876-4965 or 626-869-0228.
Email:[email protected]
Please email [email protected] for status checks on RMA or repairs.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 5:37am
Originally posted by mikejl46 mikejl46 wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean to piss anyone off. You're the one that mentioned clone, so my reply is related. Relax, no biggie, right?

Not pissing anyone off. Just good manners to start your own thread if not commenting on the thread starters question or problem, instead of asking another question. We have all done it.

Edited by GAN1957 - 23 Aug 2018 at 5:40am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic