FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New build is here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bman006 View Drop Down
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bman006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New build is here!
    Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 5:33am

So here are the pictures of the opening of the Cyberpower Computer. 

So far I only have a few questions,

1. I ordered a Nvidia GeFroce GTX 970 4GB, But when I looked in my case, I see something called a Zotac. i'm not sure what to think about that. I think this is the exact one. http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-Express-Graphics-ZT-90101-10P/dp/B00NNXVPS2

2. It looks like my CPU EVGA fan is dented but operational.

3. One small nick of paint chiped off of non window side panel.

4. Top of Titan case where the external hard drive can go, the lid that slides back and forth, seems like the track the lid slides on is cracked. Noticed this morning and will post pic later. Had to get to work.

5. And the last thing I am worried about is the memtest i ran. I had 1 fail out of 4 test, you can see in the slideshow. 
After researching it, what i got from it is that DDR3 memory has a vulnerability to hammering test, and that is where this failed. Before I left for work i have it running through 4 or 5 test again and will check to see if I could reproduce the error which i could not do last night. Could anyone advise me on this. Some stuff I read says I should not accept one error. But with the research on DDr3 memory I have been reading, seems some people allow 1 or 2 error in the hammer test 13.

Here is the build!

Labor Day Special I (NO MONITOR)
  • *BASE_PRICE: [+999]
  • BLUETOOTH: None
  • CABLE: None
  • CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
  • CARE2: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
  • CAS: CYBERPOWERPC X-Titan 200 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Fan Control, EZ Swap HDD Dock, Side Panel Window [-12] (Black Color)
  • CASUPGRADE: RGB Multi-Color (16 color) LED interior light strip with Remote Controller [+15]
  • CC: None
  • CD: LG 14X Internal Blu-ray Burner, BD-RE, 3D Playback DVD+RW Combo Drive [+17] (Black Color)
  • CD2: None
  • COOLANT: Standard Coolant
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4690 3.50 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 [-20]
  • CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+15] (Blue Color)
  • DOCKINGSTATION: None
  • ENGRAVING: None
  • FA_HDD: None
  • FAN: EVGA enthusiast ACX CPU Cooler, Direct Touch 4 Heat Pipe [+8]
  • FLASHMEDIA: None
  • FREEBIE_CU: FREE $50 VISA Gift Card with All Intel Core I7 and Intel Core I5 Desktops and Laptops
  • FREEBIE_VC1: FREE! Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Game Coupon [+0]
  • HD_M2PCIE: None
  • HD_M2SATA: None
  • HDD: 256GB SANDISK SSD + 1TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo [+45] (Combo Drive)
  • HDD2: None
  • HEADSET: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 Gaming Headset
  • HS_HANGER: None
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD: CM Storm Devastator - LED Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Combo (Black Color w/ Blue Light)
  • MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)
  • MONITOR: None
  • MOPAD: None
  • MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z97X-SLI ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI, 1 x M.2, 1 x SATA Express, or 6x SATA 6Gb/s (Extreme OC Certified) [+10]
  • MOUSE: None
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • NFC: None
  • OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - EVGA 600B 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply [-4]
  • RUSH: Standard Process Time: Ship within 10 Business Day
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
  • SLI_BRIDGE: None
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • SPEAKERS: None
  • TEMP: None
  • TUNING: None
  • TVRC: None
  • USBFLASH: None
  • USBHD: None
  • USBX: None
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) [+173] (Single Card)
  • WNC: None
  • WTV: None
  • XWNC1: TP-LINK 802.11AC Archer T2U AC600 Wireless Dual Band, 2.4GHz 150Mbps/5Ghz 433Mbps USB Adapter [+0]
  • _PRICE: (+1284)
  • _view_: {1AD322DF-232A-4833-A4EB-8B89C145EA22}
  • _load_: 9/8/2015 7:47:22 PM

any help or replies will be appreciated! 

Edited by Bman006 - 02 Oct 2015 at 8:02am
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 5:05am
Here is an "excerpt" from Memtest below. I would consider replacing the bad module. You get a free 30 day RMA. If you let CP put a hold on your credit card, they will sip new RAM to you beofre you send the old back.

Why am I only getting errors during Test 13 Hammer Test?

The Hammer Test is designed to detect RAM modules that are susceptible to disturbance errors caused by charge leakage. This phenomenon is characterized in the research paper Flipping Bits in Memory Without Accessing Them: An Experimental Study of DRAM Disturbance Errors by Yoongu Kim et al. According to the research, a significant number of RAM modules manufacted 2010 or newer are affected by this defect. In simple terms, susceptible RAM modules can be subjected to disturbance errors when repeatedly accessing addresses in the same memory bank but different rows in a short period of time. Errors occur when the repeated access causes charge loss in a memory cell, before the cell contents can be refreshed at the next DRAM refresh interval.

Starting from MemTest86 v6.2, the user may see a warning indicating that the RAM may be vulnerable to high frequency row hammer bit flips. This warning appears when errors are detected during the first pass (maximum hammer rate) but no errors are detected during the second pass (lower hammer rate). See MemTest86 Test Algorithms for a description of the two passes that are performed during the Hammer Test (Test 13). When performing the second pass, address pairs are hammered only at the rate deemed as the maximum allowable by memory vendors (200K accesses per 64ms). Once this rate is exceeded, the integrity of memory contents may no longer be guaranteed. If errors are detected in both passes, errors are reported as normal.

The errors detected during Test 13, albeit exposed only in extreme memory access cases, are most certainly real errors. During typical home PC usage (eg. web browsing, word processing, etc.), it is less likely that the memory usage pattern will fall into the extreme case that make it vulnerable to disturbance errors. It may be of greater concern if you were running highly sensitive equipment such as medical equipment, aircraft control systems, or bank database servers. It is impossible to predict with any accuracy if these errors will occur in real life applications. One would need to do a major scientific study of 1000 of computers and their usage patterns, then do a forensic analysis of each application to study how it makes use of the RAM while it executes. To date, we have only seen 1-bit errors as a result of running the Hammer Test.

There are several actions that can be taken when you discover that your RAM modules are vulnerable to disturbance errors:

• Do nothing
  • Replace the RAM modules
  • Use RAM modules with error-checking capabilities (eg. ECC)

Depending on your willingness to live with the possibility of these errors manifesting itself as real problems, you may choose to do nothing and accept the risk. For home use you may be willing to live with the errors. In our experience, we have several machines that have been stable for home/office use despite experiencing errors in the Hammer Test.

You may also choose to replace the RAM with modules that have been known to pass the Hammer Test. Choose RAM modules of different brand/model as it is likely that the RAM modules with the same model would still fail the Hammer test.

For sensitive equipment requiring high availability/reliability, you'd replace the RAM without question and would probably switch to RAM with error correction such as ECC RAM. Even a 1-bit error can result in catastrophic consequences for say, a bank account balance. Note that not all motherboards support ECC memory, so consult the motherboard specifications before purchasing ECC RAM."

Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic