FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My sons new system named (Beast)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My sons new system named (Beast)
    Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 5:57am
See my other thread in the Desktop section for how things went.

Have a few issues with QC. But I am confident it will get resolved. CP's Q.C. by far is lacking. We know have 5 systems over about 6 years. We have had issues with two of them. The first had RAM problems and a dented case that should have been caught BY QC. It was very evident it happened at assembly. It was resolved.

This system we received last night, had a removable HD tray that was damaged and should have been caught by QC, as well as missing case fans, a 200mm side fan, a 120mm rear exhaust fan and a 120mm bottom fan. I am sure this will get resolved.

CP also substituted the RAM should have had Corsair Vengeance ended up with Kingston HyperX. Both are very close in quality and price so not a big issues.

Here is the Photo Bucket Link>>>Here

Let me know what you think.

Edited by GAN1957 - 13 Sep 2013 at 6:41am
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

PanicRev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanicRev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 8:41am
The build looks ok with the the exception of the problems you pointed out. It looks like some of their cases are actually black inside.

Looks like a ton of power for a single GPU, maybe you plan on adding a second GTX 780 later? At any rate better to have too much power than not enough....wait, this is the U.S.A. There is no such thing as too much.

Looks like their standard answer for those of us who don't choose "Professional Cable Routing" is to leave the GPU cables in a wad hanging from the card and route the ATX Power cables in the corner of the case in front of the board instead of routing behind as is the norm.  It almost feels like these things are done just to punish us for not selecting the additional cost  "Professional Cable Routing".

Edited by PanicRev - 13 Sep 2013 at 2:45pm
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 10:08am
Interior is fully painted black

Ya over-sized on the power, but for the price and $40.00 rebate it did not make sense not to.

YA Pro wiring for the most part is a not so big issue as far as I am concerned. Could it have been better of course. Everything is secure most of the additional wiring is behind the MOBO tray and out of the way. The first time you add something and have to cut zip ties, you loose it anyway.

Back when the old flat IDE cables were still used, I would suggest it. They would use the round cables instead and the advantage on cooling was worth it. I doubt if my Son will clean it up any, don't really care what the interior looks like as long as it works and cools OK. Not like he has a clear side case to show things off our the dogs will care if he does,,,,,,
Remember valor, honor, independence, family & clan; I do whenever I hear the ceol mor, the "great music" of the Highland bagpipe. I swear upon the holy iron of my dirk that I will not forget.

PanicRev View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanicRev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 2:49pm
Ya, with no longer having to deal with the big flat IDE cables and the option of modular PSU's cases are a lot easier to keep clean than in years past.

BTW, I am a zip-tie finatic, I also like those 1" square adhesive zip tie holders. The best way I have found to safely cut zip ties is fingernail clippers.
GAN1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAN1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 10:10am
Yep Zip Ties are great. I have some velcro wrap around ties that make it easy to change without cutting.

Edited by GAN1957 - 17 Sep 2013 at 5:27am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic