FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My PC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My PC
    Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 1:44pm
This computer "arrived" (I had to pick it up after 2 failed deliveries in a row) in time for my birthday, September 12th. The only thing on the invoice that was different from what I ordered was the CPU cooling fan. I requested the Raidmax Maxcool and was given the Cooler Master Hyper TX2. A minor upgrade, thanks! It, as well as the rest of the system, is SUPER quiet, and I love this new rig. Enough of the gushing, though, let's see some pics!

Here is the package as received. A little dusty, but looks relatively undamaged.

The inside of the package once you open it up. There was plenty of packing foam that kept it nice and secure.

The goodies. The T-shirt, accessory bag, and all the extra drivers, games, and misc. software that come in the motherboard's box.

As has been previously mentioned, the system itself comes in the retail packaging for the case itself. No surprises there.

The case itself. Arrived totally unscathed, so far so good!

Mod window with plastic cover still on.

The CPU cooling fan. As you can see, it is a MONSTER! No overheating worries here. =)

Sorry for the lack of flash in these early shots, I'm new to the camera.

A glamour shot of the case fired up and running.

And finally, my desk.

Rock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 1:50pm
In fact, just to make sure I've gotten the point of the CPU fan's bigness across, here's a new shot of it:

alphaecho4386 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphaecho4386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 1:55pm
nice, i'm glad all is good. How do you like the case? dials work and everything? that exact case was option 2. My roommate just ordered himself a CP a day after mine so his should be in any moment and he got the silver case. I ask about the guages cuz the audio dosen't register
Click__ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Click__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 2:04pm
Wow that case is gorgeous. I was torn between that one and the x-jupiter. Enjoy your new toy!
Rock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 2:20pm
The dial on the front is a fan speed controller. It does in fact control the actual speed of the case fans, but even at maximum it's deathly quiet so I don't know why you'd ever turn it down.

Now that you bring up audio, though, I have had a bit of a problem getting sound to come through clearly. The headphone jack in the front gives me a bit of buzzing, and in the rear, the two USB ports on the right don't seem to work.

It shouldn't be anything a bit of troubleshooting won't fix.
Salan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 3:37pm
Hi

Nice pics.

It is hard to tell from the pictures and I am not familiar with your mobo, but are your memory sticks in the right slots for dual channel?

Good luck to you.
Alan
CM HAF
I7 950
Zalman 9900LED
EVGA Classifed
12G Corsair Dom 1600
2 X BFG 285 OCXs
1500W Silverstone Strider
2 x Intel 80G X-25-M in Raid 0
LG BR Bnr, LG DVD Bnr
2 x WD 1T Blk
W7 Ult 64 Bit
alphaecho4386 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphaecho4386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 6:13pm
well at least your jacks work, for some reason mine dont, and i think i unplugged the fan and controller cause now the fan no worky. case temps are under 30 so maybe i'm just not pushing it enough? ehh, serves me right for trying to fix things that aint broke!
Then again i bought a custom pc to tinker...
scaner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 7:03pm
nice pic.how its perform...
scorpiious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scorpiious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 9:13pm
nice pics man! :D

mines shipping on the 22nd, wish me luck..

Also, curious. Why the awesome setup but crappy monitor?
SixStringer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SixStringer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Salan Salan wrote:

Hi

Nice pics.

It is hard to tell from the pictures and I am not familiar with your mobo, but are your memory sticks in the right slots for dual channel?

Good luck to you.
Alan

Yup,,, Looks like you need to move one of the sticks from slot 2 to slot 3 to enalbe DDR. Check you manual, but I'm sure you've got your memory in the wrong slots. DDR-> 1&3 or 2&4

Check it out!!!

Yup,,, just checked the manual and you need to move the stick in slot 2 over to slot 3!!!

Edited by SixStringer - 13 Sep 2008 at 10:28pm
Bass players do it deeper!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic