FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My i7-5820k / GTX 970

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 2:59pm
The cables are plenty long enough to hide. IDK why they didn't do it on mine but it is now out of site. Honestly, the remote is horrible. I have to place it against the glass to get it to work. Maybe that is why they placed it in the front? IDK but I'd rather have to place it against the glass than have cables all up in my HD cage. The lighting is a nice feature to have if you have a windowed case.
ThroatPunch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThroatPunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 3:03pm
My understanding is that there is a sensor that is connected to the wire, and that some people have placed it in a visible spot in order to get decent response from the remote.
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 3:31pm
Yeah, maybe I need to find a good place for it where it can't be seen. I hate having a random wire just sticking out in my case but cramming it in the back makes for a horrible connection with the remote.
fxgaming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fxgaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 7:12pm
Great to hear your PC turned out good.
i7 [email protected] 4.7ghz
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Corsair 850w CSM
CyberPower Titan X100
ADATA 16GB DDR3 1866
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5.
128gbSSD + 1TBHD
Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooler
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 6:12pm
Well I have a stable oc at 1.299v and 4.58MHz. Not gonna run it that high for everyday use but I do have it saved in my bios if needed. Also lowered my ram lat to 15 from 17 and it's still at 2800MHz. My everyday cpu oc will be 4.45MHz at 1.275v. Feel I got pretty lucky in the Silicon lottery.
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 6:17pm
I may dive further in someday because my Temps are still very good with the corsair H110i gt so i would feel comfortable going higher than 1.3v but I'm content for now. I would like to see how high I can get while remaining stable with prime95 running overnight. I have the intel warranty so I can get a replacement cpu if I mess it up somehow. If people plan on ocing their k cpu then it's a must to pay the extra 25 dollars and get it.
fxgaming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fxgaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 8:56pm
Thats great OC for that cpu

my 4790k runs 4.7ghz atm 1.259 I screwed up and let CB oc my rig and they had it barely 4.5 with 1.32 it was horrible.
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Corsair 850w CSM
CyberPower Titan X100
ADATA 16GB DDR3 1866
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5.
128gbSSD + 1TBHD
Kevolu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevolu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 3:18am
That is absolutely horrible. I've heard they just ramp up the volts but I had no clue it would be that bad. Especially considering they only raised it to 4.5. Something that could probably be done with minimal change if any. With new Bios, software, protection etc. its too easy to do it yourself to even consider having them do that to your rig. Glad you learned for us and not me.

I mean I undersand, OC'ing is time consuming so they figure they will raise the Voltage to a point where they know the OC will be stable and do a couple hour test to prove its stable then ship it on its way. It's just surprising they would raise it to that level.
fxgaming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fxgaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Kevolu Kevolu wrote:

That is absolutely horrible. I've heard they just ramp up the volts but I had no clue it would be that bad. Especially considering they only raised it to 4.5. Something that could probably be done with minimal change if any. With new Bios, software, protection etc. its too easy to do it yourself to even consider having them do that to your rig. Glad you learned for us and not me.

I mean I undersand, OC'ing is time consuming so they figure they will raise the Voltage to a point where they know the OC will be stable and do a couple hour test to prove its stable then ship it on its way. It's just surprising they would raise it to that level.

Yeah they really do just ramp up voltage, however I did get a good chip from them, im pretty lucky. I could push this to 4.9 easily with that much voltage CB had me set as lol. Heck I could go 1.4 and push 5.0ghz but isn't necessary at all too much heat.
EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Corsair 850w CSM
CyberPower Titan X100
ADATA 16GB DDR3 1866
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5.
128gbSSD + 1TBHD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic